Page 351 of 668 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401451 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 10014

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy12 View Post
    A lot of the titles on krokoa (the quiet council, red queen, Spring, the great captains etc.....) sound really dumb and pompous
    I think Captains and Captain Commander is fine, although Great Captain is kinda silly.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    In some stories Logan's blood is given to sick, or even recently dead people to heal them. He doesn't carry any viruses or other pathogens, if anything it might boost your immune system for a hot second.
    I guest that a meal prepare by Wolverine claws is really healthiest lunch that you can have. Still kind of gross thougth
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah while Krakoa has been basically a party island the poly stuff has pretty much only been Emma, Scott, Jean and Logan. Everyone else's relationship status seems (from what I've seen) more or less the same.
    But have we seen anyone's relationship status? Only Rogue and Gambit, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Does it make sense for some characters? Sure, probably. Does it make sense for it to be the norm with everyone? No, not at all. If the point is to make the reader unsettled about how things are being run in Krakoa, then it’s successful. If however, this is meant to be some normal thing moving forward, it makes no sense to me. Characters can’t simply go from happy and fulfilled with monogamy to all-in on polyamory.
    But who exactly is happy and fulfilled with monogamy in the X-men? Apart from Rogue and Gambit, two people I could see easily turning into, if not poly, at least an open relationship, and I suppose Northstar and his husband, there's really no one.

The "new generations of mutants" were never going to replace the classic characters, it is innocent or obtuse to think that that was never even a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But who exactly is happy and fulfilled with monogamy in the X-men? Apart from Rogue and Gambit, two people I could see easily turning into, if not poly, at least an open relationship, and I suppose Northstar and his husband, there's really no one.
    Do you mean who is happy with monogamy now? Or which characters were historically in exclusively monogamous relationships and weren’t known as a ladies man or whatever?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Yeah while Krakoa has been basically a party island the poly stuff has pretty much only been Emma, Scott, Jean and Logan. Everyone else's relationship status seems (from what I've seen) more or less the same.
    That 3-way (or 4-way) relationship would have totally weirded out me had it happened in the old School, but Krakoa is kind of a hippie community so it doesn't seem so off. That said, I hope it doesn't become the new normal.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If he has a mutant healing factor that let's him shrug off all known diseases, most toxins, and regenerate from grievous injuries, you really think he's harboring staph or e coli?
    If he's not the universal donor, his blood should straight up murder anyone who gets a transfusion of it. It keeps healing and replacing itself and the recipients blood keeps attacking it, and losing. Eventually the recipient goes into shock and dies.

Maybe his blood dies a few hours later, as the body cools. Maybe it just lives in there forever, in a corpse decomposing around it, wondering where everybody else went.

If he *was* the universal donor, on the other hand, they should bag that **** and sell it as 'the cure to el everything.' No need to fool around with Krakoan herbal medicines. If Wolverine's blood can cure anything, and they have like, forty of him banging around with all the clones and knock-offs (like Sabertooth and Wild Child and Greycrow and whoever else can regenerate these days), and he can regenerate about 40 gallons of blood a day, during the average Hand ninja attack, they can probably wipe out disease and injury on an ever-increasing scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    If he's not the universal donor, his blood should straight up murder anyone who gets a transfusion of it. It keeps healing and replacing itself and the recipients blood keeps attacking it, and losing. Eventually the recipient goes into shock and dies.

Maybe his blood dies a few hours later, as the body cools. Maybe it just lives in there forever, in a corpse decomposing around it, wondering where everybody else went.

If he *was* the universal donor, on the other hand, they should bag that **** and sell it as 'the cure to el everything.' No need to fool around with Krakoan herbal medicines. If Wolverine's blood can cure anything, and they have like, forty of him banging around with all the clones and knock-offs (like Sabertooth and Wild Child and Greycrow and whoever else can regenerate these days), and he can regenerate about 40 gallons of blood a day, during the average Hand ninja attack, they can probably wipe out disease and injury on an ever-increasing scale.
    Well he did resurrect Brother Voodo with it so maybe he is an univesal donor (but they had never confirmed it) and the vampires said that there is.something different about his blood, so is likely that only Logan's blood is the one that can be used in that way.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

More of a small take: any depictions of Logan using his claws to eat/cook/prepare food is crazy. Those things have been in A: his arms, most of the time, B: in other people half the time and C: never been cleaned ever.
    Just because we never saw them being cleaned on panel doesn't mean they never get clean. He must at least pass a rag over them to clean off the blood and other substances on them.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Just because we never saw them being cleaned on panel doesn't mean they never get clean. He must at least pass a rag over them to clean off the blood and other substances on them.
    Nah, there are moments when he immediatly start using then after pulling then out, althougth i do remember a story where he did wash then.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Do you mean who is happy with monogamy now? Or which characters were historically in exclusively monogamous relationships and weren’t known as a ladies man or whatever?
    What I meant is, generally speaking, X-men don't have long, happy relationships. Part of it is writers wanting to shake things up with new interests and love triangles, part because I suppose all the deaths and fighting for extinction thing makes hard to concentrate on relationships. So, it's not hard to imagine people that weren't fulfilled in monogamous relationships trying something different.

Guy who dissects people with blades attached to his hands is gross, surely this should not be a surprise to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Guy who dissects people with blades attached to his hands is gross, surely this should not be a surprise to anyone?
    It's not even the dissecting part with blades attached to his hands part that is the grossest thing about him, he gives me žižek vibes idk why. (and by that I mean mannerisms and not philosophical dialect part)

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure if this is controversial, but ninjas - you just can't have enough of them (well, just so long as they aren't those super teched out ninjas that seemed prevalent in the X-books in the early '90s).

Also, not every character needs a jacket.

Okay, these may've been more controversial back in the '90s, lol.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    What I meant is, generally speaking, X-men don't have long, happy relationships. Part of it is writers wanting to shake things up with new interests and love triangles, part because I suppose all the deaths and fighting for extinction thing makes hard to concentrate on relationships. So, it's not hard to imagine people that weren't fulfilled in monogamous relationships trying something different.
    The reason for monogamous relationships ending (in-universe) has never been that monogamy was not fulfilling to those characters. I don't think there was even a hint of an implication.
    Last edited by Hizashi; 09-30-2020 at 05:49 PM.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.