Page 356 of 669 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366406456 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 10029
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    No that was Kwannon's,
    Kwannon died in Betsy's body. Betsy died in Kwannon's in Xtreme X-Men. She was dead a few years, and was brought back to life or whatever by her brother, so blame him for not putting her back in her original body.

As for 'yellowface' that has nothing to do with her, that is a criticism of Marvel, or whichever creators you want to point the finger at, for pretending they had a popular asian character. Whatever issue you have with that has nothing to do with Betsy as a character, her decisions in the matter, or how her teammates are going to behave towards her.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The polyamory resulting in lazy relationship writing would be more of a concern if it affected anything other than the Jean/Logan/Scott etc triangle/quadrangle. I mean even with the general "every day is party day" vibes there's not really any other explicit poly relationships in Krakoa, at least not with any major characters that I've noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    No that was Kwannon's, it took place before Mystery of Madripor revert and The Future isn't just a rando, he's Shogo biological father and he was trying to kidnap Shogo back. He also studied in depth all the X-men at the mansion during that so he could make them tick and distracted. Anyways I don't know why people are still trying to debate the bodyswap in 2020 when everyone, Claremont included agree it treads into yellowface territory. https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/20...betsy-in-2018/

Writers who came after Claremont may not have had the intension of making it look like Betsy eventually chose to accept the body swap and all the can of worms it opens but in the end, intent vs impact. I also don't think it's a coincidence that as soon as C.B Cebulski, who used to write with an asian penname, became editor-in-chief one of the first thing to happen was the reverting of the bodyswap.
    No it wasnt. That was Betsy's body that Jamie created for her when she was resurrected

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The polyamory resulting in lazy relationship writing would be more of a concern if it affected anything other than the Jean/Logan/Scott etc triangle/quadrangle. I mean even with the general "every day is party day" vibes there's not really any other explicit poly relationships in Krakoa, at least not with any major characters that I've noticed.
    It’s improper characterization — saying it’s only an isolated thing so it’s not a big deal isn’t an argument.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It’s improper characterization — saying it’s only an isolated thing so it’s not a big deal isn’t an argument.
    Yeah I’m not a fan of the poly relationship either, because it seems like they’re not able to explicitly talk about it. If they don’t have permission to truly explore it then why write it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I’m not a fan of the poly relationship either, because it seems like they’re not able to explicitly talk about it. If they don’t have permission to truly explore it then why write it at all?
    Well, we agree on disliking it, but I want it to go away completely not be expanded upon.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Cable and Kid Omega are both sleeping Emma Daughters

Unpopular opinion: Americans who speak of Krakoa as a country where everyone is supremacist seem completely oblivious to the country in which they themselves live.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I’m pretty sure one of Emma’s daughters isn’t into Cable and that’s the one that’s sleeping with Kid Omega (though honestly I cannot keep track of them now that they all look the same again).

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    We dont know that either is sleeping with them. There really hasnt been any indication of that. We do know that the Cuckoos are heavily flirting with them as some sort of game to amuse themselves and thats it

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You left out Sooraya, as well. Her faith has always been central to her, especially her struggles reconciling it with the violence she's at times called upon to do. For that matter, that's a big part of Indra's shtick too, isn't it?
    I forgot about them when I was making that post but it just goes to show that religion is important to a lot of comic characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Unpopular opinion: Americans who speak of Krakoa as a country where everyone is supremacist seem completely oblivious to the country in which they themselves live.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Right? If this is the new norm, then you know all of the New X-men kids are getting it on with each other.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

And while we're on the subject of polyamory...

I'll take Logan and Cyclops in an open/poly relationship that is poorly written and only hinted at any day of the week over their poorly written and ridiculously emphasized lover's quarrel that was Schism.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If this is about the other thread, who is seriously arguing all of Krakoa is supremacist? There were like two on the first page and they haven’t posted since.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.