Page 357 of 669 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 10029

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    There aren’t enough cute kittens on forums…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Right? If this is the new norm, then you know all of the New X-men kids are getting it on with each other.
    Well, we saw Armor and Pixie begin to start a three way date with kid Cable.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 10-02-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    And while we're on the subject of polyamory...

I'll take Logan and Cyclops in an open/poly relationship that is poorly written and only hinted at any day of the week over their poorly written and ridiculously emphasized lover's quarrel that was Schism.
    And I'll take poorly written conflict over utter joke of relationships any day of the week.

I honestly don't understand why people are making a big deal of the whole poly thing as if its something that's heavily featured on every issue as opposed to a background thing. I'd much rather a silly and inoffensive poly/open relationship between Jean/scott/Emma/Logan than dragging out the same tired love triangle that's been plaguing the comics for over 25 years...

As for the alleged "ooc", Krakoa is supposed to be a new start, about letting the past go and starting anew. So it makes sense that's they let go of their grudges and try to start something new. It's not like any of those characters have previously stated that they're vehemently against any sort of open/poly relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I honestly don't understand why people are making a big deal of the whole poly thing as if its something that's heavily featured on every issue as opposed to a background thing. I'd much rather a silly and inoffensive poly/open relationship between Jean/scott/Emma/Logan than dragging out the same tired love triangle that's been plaguing the comics for over 25 years...

As for the alleged "ooc", Krakoa is supposed to be a new start, about letting the past go and starting anew. So it makes sense that's they let go of their grudges and try to start something new. It's not like any of those characters have previously stated that they're vehemently against any sort of open/poly relationship.

Totally agree.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

It's because people are culturally indoctrinated to believe that women that sleep with more than one men are whores due to millennia of sexist ideas. Many let go of that prejudice, but not everyone.

And of course no one in the world had the experiences and powers those four had and still many find no problem in having open or poly relationships. It's also not like Logan didn't have a ton of casual relationships, Emma too probably did in her Hellfire days, and Scott would naturally want to be with both Jean and Emma if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It's because people are culturally indoctrinated to believe that women that sleep with more than one men are whores due to millennia of sexist ideas. Many let go of that prejudice, but not everyone.

And of course no one in the world had the experiences and powers those four had and still many find no problem in having open or poly relationships. It's also not like Logan didn't have a ton of casual relationships, Emma too probably did in her Hellfire days, and Scott would naturally want to be with both Jean and Emma if they wanted to.
    That slutshaming most likely plays a part but I think it's always because Scott and Login being in an open/poly relationship and playing house together doesn't fit the stoic alpha male type they view them as.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Come on, peeps, the poly stuff is pure and utter BS. Scott/Logan come off as totally bi in one book, but, hey, if you prefer them Full Hetero™, you've got the other books with zero subtext! Everyone wins. Yay.

Embarrassing as all literal f-words, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Come on, peeps, the poly stuff is pure and utter BS. Scott/Logan come off as totally bi in one book, but, hey, if you prefer them Full Hetero™, you've got the other books with zero subtext! Everyone wins. Yay.

Embarrassing as all literal f-words, lol.
    Who said anything about them being straight? Logan is most definitely dating Scott and not Jean lmao.

fc869e450045248a1ec23b550ba86d1e.jpg

Jean is totally April here

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We dont know that either is sleeping with them. There really hasnt been any indication of that. We do know that the Cuckoos are heavily flirting with them as some sort of game to amuse themselves and thats it
    No we have panels on Kid Omega in X force and in Cable series it is all about the fact that the clones are "toying" with Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    No we have panels on Kid Omega in X force and in Cable series it is all about the fact that the clones are "toying" with Cable
    None of those panels imply that they are getting it in. All we see is flirtation. This isnt like Logan and Jean which actually implied that they were about to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    None of those panels imply that they are getting it in. All we see is flirtation. This isnt like Logan and Jean which actually implied that they were about to do it
    Didn't Kid Omega come out of the bushes zipping his pants up? I agree that the Cable stuff has been more vague

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

What's with all the straw man arguments when it comes to the poly stuff.

Also the love triangle is still around, so I'm not sure it solved anything. The only difference in the new era seems to be who is sleeping with who. They can still hate each other eventually with or without the sex. That happens.

If anything, these discussions still seem to happen, if not more frequently. I was told shipping would be over. That was a beautiful lie...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Didn't Kid Omega come out of the bushes zipping his pants up? I agree that the Cable stuff has been more vague
    Yeah, something happened there. Honestly, the whole Cuckoo thing seems odd.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Who said anything about them being straight? Logan is most definitely dating Scott and not Jean lmao.

fc869e450045248a1ec23b550ba86d1e.jpg

Jean is totally April here
    Can we stop with this.

Like, it's not as bad as straight guys really pushing for the idea that there's absolutely no contact between Scott and Logan, but it's kind of annoying too, cause they definetely are both with Jean. And it really feels like thinly-veiled "haha scott and logan gay" jokes.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Can we stop with this.

Like, it's not as bad as straight guys really pushing for the idea that there's absolutely no contact between Scott and Logan, but it's kind of annoying too, cause they definetely are both with Jean. And it really feels like thinly-veiled "haha scott and logan gay" jokes.
    Very odd to see people denying jean and Logan when they sit naked in a hot tub together.