Page 362 of 669 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 10030
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    And while we're on the subject of polyamory...

I'll take Logan and Cyclops in an open/poly relationship that is poorly written and only hinted at any day of the week over their poorly written and ridiculously emphasized lover's quarrel that was Schism.
    I always find it funny how two people hating each other is always the first step towards romance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scott did during the Utopia rea but many of the villians were either dead or off the table. I do agree with you with the keep your friends close, enemies closer mentality

POX retconned Xavier as having been working with Sinister for years. His DNA catalog is key to the resurrections so giving him a seat at the table was necessary leverage for the premise of Krakoa to work

Apocalypse with all the trouble he's caused in the past, actually cares about the prosperity and future of mutantkind. Like Magneto, their goals arent that dissimilar; its the methods that haven't alligned. Krakoa is an attempt at both of them doing something new and different to get to that goal.
    Maybe I'm reaching ,but I actually think by growing the mythos with Arrako , they have made Apocalypse less of a megalomaniac and perhaps someone living in a nostalgic past of a mutant golden age that he already witnessed and lost along with his own family.So going forward it would not surprise me if he left the council and moved to Arrako as king there permanently.There is nothing stopping him from doing that, sure it may involve a war but ultimately it may be what he wants more than anything, even if Arrako splits off from Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    How did Xavier get the X-Men onboard assuming that most things are in-continuity? Apocalypse and Sinister caused so much grief to so many of these characters.
    Too easy for me. It removes something that was so present before and so absent today: feelings.

Without them, is a X-men comics really a X-men comics?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Too easy for me. It removes something that was so present before and so absent today: feelings.

Without them, is a X-men comics really a X-men comics?
    There is a lot of loving going on in Krakoa though...
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I always find it funny how two people hating each other is always the first step towards romance.
    Usually two people hating eather other are just two people hating eather other. It’s what I observed.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    There is a lot of loving going on in Krakoa though...
    Ah, to see it, you must believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Ah, to see it, you must believe it.
    That hot tub scene with Logan and Jean was....muy caliente
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    That hot tub scene with Logan and Jean was....muy caliente
    We talk about love… or about sex?

When I read characters in love… and when it’s well done, I feel the love too, as the author felt it too.

Two people my caliente… I’m not really concerned by what they live… it belongs to them. But maybe it’s just me.

The X-Men still hate villains (You just have to watch the conversation between Angel and Apocalypse in X of Swords or Cyclops and Sinister in Hellions).

But the alternative is worse. Apocalypse has a unique link to Krakoa and Sinister has the DNA to resurrect the entire mutant species.

There are times when for the greater good you have to swallow your feelings and collaborate with people you hate.

This is called "growing up" and "being professional." It does not mean that you do not have feelings, it is that you know how to manage them rationally.
    Last edited by Glio; 10-11-2020 at 05:44 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Having problems with villains who have committed atrocities shouldn't be a sign of "not being grown up" or "unprofessional". The villains are being trusted to a degree they have not remotely earned.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Having problems with villains who have committed atrocities shouldn't be a sign of "not being grown up" or "unprofessional". The villains are being trusted to a degree they have not remotely earned.
    It is a simple balance of what is good and what is bad with them.

Sinister is a jerk and a dick, as always. He is EVIL. Is he so bad that so many slain mutants are not worth resurrecting?

Nobody would be okay if the Masters of Evil (and I don't mean the ones that reformed as Thunderbolts) suddenly ran the US Government or were members of the Avengers

What if they resurrected millions of people killed by the Cotati or Malekith in War of the Realms?

Mighty Member

X-Men pretends to be an analogue for racial inequality

And yet all we ever see are white X-Men as leaders across ALL X-Men books.....when will Warpath become a leader of Xforce?

And white X-Men as the prominently recurring characters

White X-Men being always having relationships....how many non-white involved interracial and same race non-white relationships are in the X-Men

Why have the X-Men refused to do more with Storm in the last 10yrs other than being the glorified queen of racial quota tokenism?.....BP has done more for Storm as a character than she has had in 20years in the X-Men.

The X-side writers and editors purposely refused to use Storm when she is appearing in the BP books yet Wolverine can be in 8 books simultaneously....how? ...at least Storm has power of flight so what stops her from being in more than one book?

X-writers perpetually and continuously throw jabs at BP and have refused to acknowledge Storms developments from the BP side.

They refused to acknowledge the clout that the BP/Storm marriage had become as the leading power couple in the MU.....became a queen, married the love of her life, became an avenger, joined the F4, got to meet her later Al extended family (who have be in the U.S this entire time), etc, etc

She had become MORE than just a run of the mill xman elevating to a status that would have toppled Captn Marvel to have Storm as the leading preeminent female superhero in Marvel which ...of course.....would have given Storm so much juicy chunks of creative material to warrant of long sustainable Storm solo comics.

But no..... X-writers and editors REFUSED that and perpetually belittled BP, the recent Marauders #13 is just another example in a looooong line of jabs at BP who was elevating Storm.

But nah....X-side prefers Storm being a sex junky for Wolverine and whoever is next on the pinball sex ping table to smash Storm. No long term relationships, meaningless sex, no heartfelt devotion, no passion....just nothingness!!!!

Storm should be leading an X-book now.....some many of team yet they have the prominent2 black X-Men in the same book yet taking orders from whites as per usual.

Bishop perpetually being nerfed.

Storm perpetually stuck to doing yet another hail and lightning.

Warpath perpetually the lackey of cable and wolverine....never given agency or leadership on the X-f force (boy I really miss The Gifted tv series).

X-Men as a whole is just a hyperbole of it's proclaimed theme of equality.

X-Men should be waaaaaay ahead BY NOW in terms of inclusivity and diversity of their team Dynamics instead of using tokenism tactic and making wall paper think superfluous non-white characters who are never given development or progression.

That still wouldn't mean basically no objections would be raised to having Red Skull as an active member of the Avengers