Page 365 of 668 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 10014

I have to confess I have not actually read the original Schism yet. I have only read people complain about it. Personally I liked the setup where Cyclops was a radical revolutionary and Wolverine tried to grow up and become representive of the mainstream Xavierist ideology. It was a cool role-reversal and I think fit the long-standing character development arcs of Cyclops and Wolverine. But is the story itself then something like AvX, which was good idea in concept level but actual execution of the conflict was very contrived and made both sides act in horribly OOC hypocritic fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I have to confess I have not actually read the original Schism yet. I have only read people complain about it. Personally I liked the setup where Cyclops was a radical revolutionary and Wolverine tried to grow up and become representive of the mainstream Xavierist ideology. It was a cool role-reversal and I think fit the long-standing character development arcs of Cyclops and Wolverine. But is the story itself then something like AvX, which was good idea in concept level but actual execution of the conflict was very contrived and made both sides act in horribly OOC hypocritic fashion.
    No Schism was better in that it was much shorter and didnt have a bunch of tie-ins. It was tighter as a result and made more sense than AvX which had alot of unnecesary drivel. People dont like hero vs hero stories but this wasnt actually that bad. It set up a new era of X-men with them splitting but the issue which caused that split didnt seem that big a deal to justify it. Kids have been fighting as X-men and putting themselves on the line since issue #1, and Logan has mentored plenty, like KItty, Jubilee, X-23 and allowing them to risk their lives. It didnt feel right that this was the hill he was going to die on and for other X-men to follow him. The stance was flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I doubt there will many more Wolverine movies: the role has been marked by Hugh Jackman and he is getting too old for that (contrarily to comics character that are never ready to retire).

Maybe there will be prequels…
    Not only will there be more Wolverine movies, he will also play a major role in the future X-Men films under the MCU banner going forward. It's just something some of you Wolverine haters need to realize... he's not stepping aside just so some B or C list character can get some shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Not only will there be more Wolverine movies, he will also play a major role in the future X-Men films under the MCU banner going forward. It's just something some of you Wolverine haters need to realize... he's not stepping aside just so some B or C list character can get some shine.
    Agreed. Not to mention this possible grain of salt:

https://cosmicbook.news/feige-hugh-j...erine-avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I don’t hate Wolverine, and yes, maybe there will be more movies featuring this character but will they be as successful as the previous ones?
    If they are not more imaginative, the audience will consider that the Wolverine trademark is not fashionable anymore.

Already the last X-men movie hasn’t been as successful as expected…
    For the moviemakers, it’s first and foremost a matter of money.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Personally I liked Wolverine as a headmaster because it forced the character to adapt and grow. But yes, leading a team of assassins whilst pretending to uphold Xavier's ideals is a bit much.
    But he didn't do either of those things.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    But he didn't do either of those things.
    Exactly. Because not only Aaron's writing was disastrous, but they made him a huge hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Exactly. Because not only Aaron's writing was disastrous, but they made him a huge hypocrite.
    The problem wasn't so much the hipocresy, i can live with the idea of Logan being one. It was the fact that the narrative was trying to sell his side as the right one and that was...really weird (not mentioning that it makes his characther less compelling in the process).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I was disappointed that the WaTXM book ended up becoming such a comedy/joke book. When Schism first happened I thought it would turn out to be like a new X-Men team in its own right with the school in the background to contrast with Scott's team and tie-in with the cartoon before it became a book about the school, their wacky hijinks, and Aaron's stuff.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I know, I know, my stance on this particular stance has changed over time, but I must firmly break rank and stand against my fellow Cyke fans on this issue.

Schism just might be the "greatest" modern X-Men story for the sole reason that it led to Wolverine practically begging Cyclops to go back to Jean so he (Wolverine) could keep pretending he's exclusively straight. Eat your heart out, Top Gun.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The problem wasn't so much the hipocresy, i can live with the idea of Logan being one. It was the fact that the narrative was trying to sell his side as the right one and that was...really weird (not mentioning that it makes his characther less compelling in the process).
    I agree here as well. It would have been better if both sides had their ups and downs, highlighting the weakness from a schism. In retrospect, it also weakened the narrative for attempting to even fix the X-Men.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I’d also like to mention about two months ago Joe Russo said he’s advising the MCU creative team to put Wolverine on a hiatus because he was never recast and replacing Jackman will be very difficult. You think they’ll ignore him? Another good reason to omit Logan from the mcu’s X-Men is to keep general audiences from thinking all the other characters will be too dependent on him again. That’s what Fox had viewers thinking for too long.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XForever View Post
    I’d also like to mention about two months ago Joe Russo said he’s advising the MCU creative team to put Wolverine on a hiatus because he was never recast and replacing Jackman will be very difficult. You think they’ll ignore him? Another good reason to omit Logan from the mcu’s X-Men is to keep general audiences from thinking all the other characters will be too dependent on him again. That’s what Fox had viewers thinking for too long.
    Yeah, this is why I liked Whedon's Astonishing run so much. He wasn't the center of the X-Universe. He was just another member of the team, no more important than any other (although maybe less important than Lockheed considering he was the first one to do any sort of damage to that run's Big Bad ;-) ).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Yeah, this is why I liked Whedon's Astonishing run so much. He wasn't the center of the X-Universe. He was just another member of the team, no more important than any other (although maybe less important than Lockheed considering he was the first one to do any sort of damage to that run's Big Bad ;-) ).
    I mean....that's how he is written in most runs, in spite of the Fox movies and the WaTX cartoon, Logan has been a supporting characther for most of X-Men story.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Glad to hear that. X-Men doesn’t have to be successful by making everything about Logan. It just has to be written and done well.