Page 379 of 656 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383389429479 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 9840
    BANNED

It really only sucks when they make the gloves baggy/huge. Or when the writer decides that her capability as a hero and the way the character reacts should be entirely out of the 60s to go along with the dress.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Only the Americans.
    Fair but I doubt the guys writing 2000ad are making bank lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    It really only sucks when they make the gloves baggy/huge. Or when the writer decides that her capability as a hero and the way the character reacts should be entirely out of the 60s to go along with the dress.
    I think Hickman sticking with jean in marvel girl is a dumb idea. It’s all a reference to one line in the Phoenix saga that nobody got till he explained it and even then it’s kinda dumb. Sometimes you can get to inside baseball for your own good. Just let it go

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    I think Hickman sticking with jean in marvel girl is a dumb idea. It’s all a reference to one line in the Phoenix saga that nobody got till he explained it and even then it’s kinda dumb. Sometimes you can get to inside baseball for your own good. Just let it go
    Exactly. This is a recurring problem at Marvel-they can't let go of some things (ideas, characters, costumes, etc), no matter how much people dislike them.

What's the line?
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    What's the line?
    I don’t have a screen cap just check hickmans Twitter he talks about it all the time. You can feel how mad he is that nobody got it lol.

Extraordinary Member

The Five should resurrect flatscans Sharon Friedlander and Tanya Andersen.

It’s not fair that Frenzy and Toad get a pass.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The Five should resurrect flatscans Sharon Friedlander and Tanya Andersen.

It’s not fair that Frenzy and Toad get a pass.
    Yes, however the resurrections only work on mutants

Jean is too beautiful to have her face hidden behind that silly looking mask
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-28-2020 at 02:54 PM.

I don’t have a screen cap just check hickmans Twitter he talks about it all the time. You can feel how mad he is that nobody got it lol.
    Hickman deleted his Twitter a while ago.

For all the flak Scott gets during the Post M-Day era, there is very little focus on him not turning Kid Omega in during Schism.

Risque should come back and get an upgrade. Also, a better moniker.

Forge should be a technopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean is too beautiful to have her face hidden behind that silly looking mask
    It’s also silly because the purpose of a mask is to conceal your identity. And Jean Grey have been without a mask for years.

More, she usually wears it on Krakoa where everybody knows her…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The Marvel Girl **** is basically a normal outfit with a mask someone found lying around during Mardi Gras

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

In keeping with the conversation on Jeans costumes, her only good costumes (other than Phoenix) were in red and gold *colors*. X-Factor, Dark Phoenix, the short lived red and gold phoenix all great, all of the others suck to various degrees. Her X-Men Red costume would be significantly better if the blue parts were changed to gold.

*edit*
    colored red and gold, not the comics red and gold. Somehow I screwed and left that word out
    Last edited by Kisinith; 10-29-2020 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    What's the line?
    In hox when the crew all got resurrected and Storm was asking them how can she know for sure she's the real jean grey and jean answered with "I'm the only me that ever was Ororo" was a call back to inferno in uncanny #242 when Storm asked Jean is that you and she answers with "the only "me" that ever was". Jean is also wearing her first costume because it was the costume she wore when she died for the first time in phoenix sage, also the same reason why Monet was wearing her old x-factor costume despite getting several newer costumes after, it was what Monet was wearing when she died the first time so it's a nice little easter egg.