Page 38 of 668 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138538 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I know this opinion will be very unpopular here but I wish the X-Men comic books would be just turned over completely to Cullen Bunn, Nick Spencer, and Rick Remender. There was a lot more that Remender had left as far as the X-Men. I know some don't like the one issue with Havok and his dialogue but his Xforce was on point and really Uncanny Avengers wasn't terrible. I think it's pretty much well known that with Uncanny Avengers and later his Axis event, he was told to do certain things that he didn't really want to do. Like how he was mandated to change Wanda and Pietro and tell a story. As far as Spencer is concerned..... I get the outcry about Hydra Cap...but I love message behind the story and really he's telling a damn good we'll connected story. Iean the way he's seeded different things all the way thru and how Hydra Cap has taken over has been awesome though there have been some gaffs there as well. I mean the inclusion of the Inhumans in this last issue was tough to read and really just stupid.

The O5 need to go in the worst way.

No more solos for any character
    Last edited by DreadnoughtHelldiver; 08-11-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Spectacular Member

No other relationship in modern X-Lore was as organic and honest as Storm/Wolverine

Patiently waiting for the reunion

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    No other relationship in modern X-Lore was as organic and honest as Storm/Wolverine

Patiently waiting for the reunion
    Couldn't have said it better myself and I really mean that... mostly because I'm a barely functional, literate sonuvagun.

BANNED

I wish a moderator would clean up the Deadpool 2 thread of all the "Is Domino Black or White" garbage. It's just going round and round with no resolution, and frankly DOESN'T EVEN MATTER. We have a black Corporal Summers and a gay General Howlett. What the hell difference does it make that we have a black Domino with her coloring inverted? DIFFERENT UNIVERSE, DIFFERENT RULES.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I wish a moderator would clean up the Deadpool 2 thread of all the "Is Domino Black or White" garbage. It's just going round and round with no resolution, and frankly DOESN'T EVEN MATTER. We have a black Corporal Summers and a gay General Howlett. What the hell difference does it make that we have a black Domino with her coloring inverted? DIFFERENT UNIVERSE, DIFFERENT RULES.
    I think has to do with Deadpool being the first X-Men movie that stuck with comic book accurately. So coming into the second one they still are expecting that and the fact that Domino's look is very unsual (a pale skinned women with a black circle) and having that changed especially to a different race will have people crying about pc like Spider-Man Homecoming (tho Zendaya was Michelle not MJ). It's just a messy situation all around and I feel like people shouldn't care about some people's race in the movies if the character is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    I think has to do with Deadpool being the first X-Men movie that stuck with comic book accurately. So coming into the second one they still are expecting that and the fact that Domino's look is very unsual (a pale skinned women with a black circle) and having that changed especially to a different race will have people crying about pc like Spider-Man Homecoming (tho Zendaya was Michelle not MJ). It's just a messy situation all around and I feel like people shouldn't care about some people's race in the movies if the character is correct.
    It should be known that Rob Liefeld recently said he never assigned a specific ethnicity to Domino.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    I think has to do with Deadpool being the first X-Men movie that stuck with comic book accurately.
    Except movie NTW had nothing to do with her book counterpart. They made Blind Al black. Angel Dust became a villain. Weasel had nothing to do with running the bar in the books (that was Patch). Ajax was conflated with Dr. Killebrew. There was no indication of Vanessa being a mutant. There was no connection made between the workshop that turned Wade into Deadpool and Weapon X in the film. Also, Wade was turned into a latent mutant rather than a mutate whose healing factor was grafted onto him.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

1 - Beast is pretty much ruined as a character at this point. Every move they have made with him since Morrison turned him into cat Beast have just made the character worse and worse. He is totally unlikable on pretty much every level now. They should just have the original Hank McCoy be killed and the spirit of Dark Beast take over his body. At this point Dark Beast is the much better character who could spice up the sad state of X-Men villains.

2 - Secondary mutations are the laziest writing hack in the X-Men books and should be off limits now. It worked well one time and that was Emma Frost and even that really made no sense considering her main power, but I digress. It is just a lazy writing trick. For a well established character to suddenly have some new power with no explanation besides "secondary mutation" is just hacky writing as was just shown in the recent X-Men Blue issues.

This seems like an unpopular opinion here, but I actually like a large majority of the X-men past or present. There are very few that I dislike, such as Fantomex. But for the rest at the very least I'm neutral towards. I've noticed here that a lot of fans of one character tend to hate either that character's past love interests or other characters that seemingly replaced them in some way. All fair opinions of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    1 - Beast is pretty much ruined as a character at this point. Every move they have made with him since Morrison turned him into cat Beast have just made the character worse and worse. He is totally unlikable on pretty much every level now. They should just have the original Hank McCoy be killed and the spirit of Dark Beast take over his body. At this point Dark Beast is the much better character who could spice up the sad state of X-Men villains.

2 - Secondary mutations are the laziest writing hack in the X-Men books and should be off limits now. It worked well one time and that was Emma Frost and even that really made no sense considering her main power, but I digress. It is just a lazy writing trick. For a well established character to suddenly have some new power with no explanation besides "secondary mutation" is just hacky writing as was just shown in the recent X-Men Blue issues.
    Emma's at least makes sense from an editorial point (Morrison wanted Colossus, but wasn't allowed it, so he had someone else a similar form). The ines in blue make no sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

I agree about Beast. I wish they had just made him basically go mad and become Dark Beast after M-day. Just have him experimenting and trying to bring back the x-gene but going to far. Pr have it that Apocalypse did something to him similar to what was done to Angel. With the O5 being in the present I actually wish they'd make this that they've come from Dark Beast reality. Have Hank's use of magic corrupt him and turn into Dark Beast

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Except movie NTW had nothing to do with her book counterpart. They made Blind Al black. Angel Dust became a villain. Weasel had nothing to do with running the bar in the books (that was Patch). Ajax was conflated with Dr. Killebrew. There was no indication of Vanessa being a mutant. There was no connection made between the workshop that turned Wade into Deadpool and Weapon X in the film. Also, Wade was turned into a latent mutant rather than a mutate whose healing factor was grafted onto him.
    Plus Wade swore like a character whose always been limited to censored PG-13 bleeps in the comics was never allowed to, to hilarious effect, but still wildly out of character.

And 'I wouldn't have it any other way,' to quote Claremont.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Emma's at least makes sense from an editorial point (Morrison wanted Colossus, but wasn't allowed it, so he had someone else a similar form). The ines in blue make no sense.
    her secondary mutation also made sense given the circumstances of how it came about, but then "secondary mutations" began making no sense. Not everyone needed one, but it was somewhat logical given that Jean was a telepath and telekinetic.

Mighty Member

Some say that Scott and Emma have it bad but they've got nothing on Beast. Hank gets a lot of unnecessary hate and has become the X-men's scapegoat and posterboy for all that is bad with the franchise. And it all comes from the fact that he opposed Cyclops. But he is not alone in that, look at Eva Bell. When she was the teacher's pet with a crush on Cyclops everyone loved her. She was the best of Bendis's new creations, then she turned on Scott; called him out out on his b.s and became public enemy #1 among Cyke fans, second only to Beast. So yeah, editorial needs to do right by hank. That so-called "trial" was a disgrace. Beast has been screwed over by the writers more so than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Some say that Scott and Emma have it bad but they've got nothing on Beast. Hank gets a lot of unnecessary hate and has become the X-men's scapegoat and posterboy for all that is bad with the franchise. And it all comes from the fact that he opposed Cyclops. But he is not alone in that, look at Eva Bell. When she was the teacher's pet with a crush on Cyclops everyone loved her. She was the best of Bendis's new creations, then she turned on Scott; called him out out on his b.s and became public enemy #1 among Cyke fans, second only to Beast. So yeah, editorial needs to do right by hank. That so-called "trial" was a disgrace. Beast has been screwed over by the writers more so than anyone.
    Just because Beast got screwed the worst, doesn't mean Cyclops, Emma (and ebmven Havoc) haven't gotten screwed too. But yeah, at this point people just don't mention Beast because how bad it was/is.