Page 381 of 668 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431481 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 10011
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    That’s because it’s not happening and is just a running gag
    has this been confirmed?
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    has this been confirmed?
    Essentially, yes- at this point, just a few people are in denial. Even some of the craziest Jean stans have admitted, particularly after X-force #10.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Essentially, yes- at this point, just a few people are in denial. Even some of the craziest Jean stans have admitted, particularly after X-force #10.
    i read X-Force 10 and didn't notice this
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

the scott/logan/jean/emma poly thing is out of character
    It boggles my mind that this is somehow an unpopular opinion.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

i read X-Force 10 and didn't notice this
    You mean, you didn't notice Jean and Logan embracing naked in a pool, ready to kiss? OK then...

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Without a poll, it’s hard to say what is popular and what is unpopular.

Still, there’s a trend to accept things just because they have been printed. So I suppose the authors have a lot of freedom about what is considered realistic and what it isn’t…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

the scott/logan/jean/emma poly thing is out of character
    I mean there was never a chance for it be "in character" because the writers either don't want to or are unable to explore how they actually came to this arrangement. If a poly relationship was too taboo to explore in mainstream comics then they shouldn't have even gone down that route.

BANNED

You mean, you didn't notice Jean and Logan embracing naked in a pool, ready to kiss? OK then...
    She was going to ride him right there, but people act like it hasn't been happening. Or Scott and Emma showing up to the Council in X-Men #3 straight out of bed wasn't obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    She was going to ride him right there, but people act like it hasn't been happening. Or Scott and Emma showing up to the Council in X-Men #3 straight out of bed wasn't obvious.
    Have to say, I misread that as Charles and Erik, and it was still as true.

BANNED

Nobody cares about Logan banging jean or cyclops with Emma. The people into this are only interested in the idea that wolverine and cyclops are having sex. That’s what this whole thing is about and it’s stupid. It’s the same people who talk about “the secret gay Disney cannon” it’s queer baiting and bad writing to boot

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    i know! Like, i'm down for the end of shipping wars but i know it's very OOC for everyone involved. Emma and jean don't get along very well and Scott & Logan also hate each other

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I mean there was never a chance for it be "in character" because the writers either don't want to or are unable to explore how they actually came to this arrangement. If a poly relationship was too taboo to explore in mainstream comics then they shouldn't have even gone down that route.
    I want it explained because right now it makes no sense

i noticed that!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Nobody cares about Logan banging jean or cyclops with Emma. The people into this are only interested in the idea that wolverine and cyclops are having sex. That’s what this whole thing is about and it’s stupid. It’s the same people who talk about “the secret gay Disney cannon” it’s queer baiting and bad writing to boot
    i honestly don't care about Scott/Logan

wait, i thought you were saying that Logan/Jean/Scott/Emma wasn't happening

I want it explained because right now it makes no sense
    And it never will. There is no way any writer can make this thing make sense. No way in hell these four characters would agree with this kind of arrangement. So Hickman just completely skipped over that part.

Logan/Jean/Scott/Emma is just queerbaiting nonsense. Hickman is never going to explain it and never going to focus on it, and that makes it all the more appealing to fanfic writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Logan/Jean/Scott/Emma is just queerbaiting nonsense. Hickman is never going to explain it and never going to focus on it, and that makes it all the more appealing to fanfic writers.
    100% agree. No one is really satisfied with it, so what's the point? People who are interested in seeing a poly relationship explored aren't getting anything, a lot of fans of the characters are upset, and since it's mostly off screen we're not even getting good writing or memorable moments out of it.

Mighty Member

I'm honestly okay with it.
    A part of be feels like Xavier is doing a whole lot of manipulating. In fact, I believe Moria is the big bad here, getting Xavier to manipulate people in order to get what she wants.

I feel this would be the explanation they come out with.