Page 385 of 657 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435485 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 9846

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post

Bleeding Cool

Its still anecdotal evidence but probably better informed than some random post on the internet trying to creatively interpret incomplete sales data.
    You don't have to go anecdotal with the evidence, Every where we can track numbers, Amazon, Comicron, Comixicology , X-men books are doing good numbers. They keep adding on new X-men books for a reason. If the books were doing bad they would cancel and swap out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    You can look at the charts and see that xmen isnt marvel best selling
    Correction those are books being ordered by a store. Not books SOLD to a person.

Digital are actual sales to a person.

No one knows how many physical copies are bought by someone.

In 2021, Brett Booth will be returning to Marvel Comics, taking over from Leinil Yu and drawing the central ongoing X-Men comic book, one of the best-selling comics in the direct market comic book shops, and most likely Marvel's bestselling title.
    Books SOLD to a store. Books that UNLIKE POC lead books that have been used as weapons of harassment-don't have issues getting orders.

Orders on the grounds of maybe that book will get new readers later on-so lets have copies for that person to buy. The issue we see is when that doesn't happen at every store or folks opt for the trades.

It's why you can walk into a store and see 1st through 7th printing of books. Those reprints are not due to people buying the books but books sold to stores. The only time when I see a legit need for those other printing is for INDY books like Wynd, Something is Killing Children, Spawn, Savage Dragon and others.

If it's X-Men, Thor, Venom, Peter Parker, Batman or Superman-they have no business doing that. Unless you do it regionally-Iowa might need new printings but Texas-doesn't.

Hickman's days are NOT numbered. He's doing X-Men that is his until he is ready to go.

Astonishing Member

Just a reminder that none of us have any real sales data. The online numbers are estimates from a third party. No one has online sales info and websites don’t always use sales to make their ‘best selling’ lists. There can be many other factors involved in those algorithms. That is all, carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Benjamin Percy's writing has become tiresome to me since right before the pandemic struck. While I think he does a good Beast, his Wolverine (both the character and the book) bring nothing truly interesting to the table and feel like self-insertion fanfic where Logan is the biggest badass who's so deep and always right in his assertions. Which is easier in X-Force than the rest of the line.
    That interview all the x-writers did for x of swords Percy was using bulb in basically every sentence and it really cemented for me that Logan is a self insert for him.

The anti Hickman are gonna have to get used to the current x-men status quo for a while because Hickman has planned to stay for at least four years

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    That interview all the x-writers did for x of swords Percy was using bulb in basically every sentence and it really cemented for me that Logan is a self insert for him.
    I think there is a lot of SElf insert on Logan and Percy, but he definately writes a interesting Logan. I usually don't read wolverine solo books ad was relivied he died. Old man Logan was actually very good with Jeff Lemire and Percy is pretty close to the feel of that run.
    Fraction self inserted, Warren Ellis (writers shouldn't use pete wisdom anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Correction those are books being ordered by a store. Not books SOLD to a person.

Digital are actual sales to a person.

No one knows how many physical copies are bought by someone.

Books SOLD to a store. Books that UNLIKE POC lead books that have been used as weapons of harassment-don't have issues getting orders.

Orders on the grounds of maybe that book will get new readers later on-so lets have copies for that person to buy. The issue we see is when that doesn't happen at every store or folks opt for the trades.

It's why you can walk into a store and see 1st through 7th printing of books. Those reprints are not due to people buying the books but books sold to stores. The only time when I see a legit need for those other printing is for INDY books like Wynd, Something is Killing Children, Spawn, Savage Dragon and others.

If it's X-Men, Thor, Venom, Peter Parker, Batman or Superman-they have no business doing that. Unless you do it regionally-Iowa might need new printings but Texas-doesn't.

Hickman's days are NOT numbered. He's doing X-Men that is his until he is ready to go.
    Digital had no growth and is very small compared to the print runs. And they never show any numbers, it is even worse on info than Diamond

Marvel doesnt care if it didn't sold all copies, their client first is the comic shops. There is Comic Hub that has actual sales ranking, it is about 85 shops but it is better than digital non-numbers
    Last edited by baxer; 11-09-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Sometimes I think people have read Claremont comics different from mine.

"They were grounded in reality and all the time they were dedicated to dealing with real issues", but all the time they went to space, they found a demon or had adventures with a fucking Leprechaun.

For every comic like God Loves, Man Kills, you had five with things like Nova Roma, Arcade or Limbo.
    I mean, all that stuff was pretty great, but...yeah

It was OTT 80s sci-fi/fantasy melodrama soap opera, and it was great for its time. But "grounded" isn't really a term I'd use to describe the stories.

There seems to be a notion that Jean's nation from X-Men Red didn't get a fair shake or that it should've been raised as a possibility considering the similarities between Genosha, Utopia, and Krakoa - but I think Jean's (Taylor's) idea was too vague and underdeveloped to have worked in any way.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Sometimes I think people have read Claremont comics different from mine.

"They were grounded in reality and all the time they were dedicated to dealing with real issues", but all the time they went to space, they found a demon or had adventures with a fucking Leprechaun.

For every comic like God Loves, Man Kills, you had five with things like Nova Roma, Arcade or Limbo.
    It was a thing I liked in Claremont’s run: the variety.

It wasn’t about the situations that were diverse, it was about the characters and the way they faced the difficulties. It told every time something about the people they were. And it had consequences.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

HiX-Man is not Claremont.
    (Thank the Goddess! I would not have been able to stomach another alien/demon/god possession resulting in the corruption/loss of powers and faux death but simultaneously gaining new abilities all the while dealing with and fighting for a love that can never be realised. This has happened to nearly every X-Character during Claremont's run...and after, by those trying to mimic him.)

Character-driven stories are wonderful but not when it's the same plot contrivances rehashed for different characters over and over again.

(If Claremont was directing the X-Books today some of the same readers would be bitching and moaning just as much and as often as they're currently doing with HiX-Man and Co.)

And yes, plot-wise Krakoa: Mutant Nation borrows from Genosha and Utopia but...the scale is much bigger, more complex and the stakes much higher.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-10-2020 at 04:21 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    They should have made Hellion the omega level telekinetic...
    He'll naw ,Exodus trump's Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    There seems to be a notion that Jean's nation from X-Men Red didn't get a fair shake or that it should've been raised as a possibility considering the similarities between Genosha, Utopia, and Krakoa - but I think Jean's (Taylor's) idea was too vague and underdeveloped to have worked in any way.
    It wasnt given a fair shake as the book ended RIGHT when she started to execute her plans. She was on the run for the entirety of the run until the final issue. We didnt get to see her as a free leader trying to lead a nation

Astonishing Member

So logan is a isekai protagonist? And if logan is a isekai protagonist dose that mean kitaro = logan

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So logan is a isekai protagonist? And if logan is a isekai protagonist dose that mean kitaro = logan
    He needs to be more bland if he wants to reach that level.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Because it is- the four characteristics of a nation-state are sovereignty, land, population, and government. If you're a nation without lands and without being sovereign, depending on other countries for everything, then you are not a nation.