Page 39 of 669 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139539 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Except movie NTW had nothing to do with her book counterpart. They made Blind Al black. Angel Dust became a villain. Weasel had nothing to do with running the bar in the books (that was Patch). Ajax was conflated with Dr. Killebrew. There was no indication of Vanessa being a mutant. There was no connection made between the workshop that turned Wade into Deadpool and Weapon X in the film. Also, Wade was turned into a latent mutant rather than a mutate whose healing factor was grafted onto him.
    I was talking more about Deadpool then the others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Some say that Scott and Emma have it bad but they've got nothing on Beast. Hank gets a lot of unnecessary hate and has become the X-men's scapegoat and posterboy for all that is bad with the franchise. And it all comes from the fact that he opposed Cyclops. But he is not alone in that, look at Eva Bell. When she was the teacher's pet with a crush on Cyclops everyone loved her. She was the best of Bendis's new creations, then she turned on Scott; called him out out on his b.s and became public enemy #1 among Cyke fans, second only to Beast. So yeah, editorial needs to do right by hank. That so-called "trial" was a disgrace. Beast has been screwed over by the writers more so than anyone.

Beast is responsible for that O5 travesty but yeah its the writers because that was beyond stupid to try and teach a lesson. I've always wanted to Beast to show near Hulk like strength...you know being a Beast and all along with his his enhanced speed and agility

Some say that Scott and Emma have it bad but they've got nothing on Beast. Hank gets a lot of unnecessary hate and has become the X-men's scapegoat and posterboy for all that is bad with the franchise. And it all comes from the fact that he opposed Cyclops. But he is not alone in that, look at Eva Bell. When she was the teacher's pet with a crush on Cyclops everyone loved her. She was the best of Bendis's new creations, then she turned on Scott; called him out out on his b.s and became public enemy #1 among Cyke fans, second only to Beast. So yeah, editorial needs to do right by hank. That so-called "trial" was a disgrace. Beast has been screwed over by the writers more so than anyone.
    Except that nearly everything Beast does gets swept under the rug. That is why he's hated the most.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadnoughtHelldiver View Post
    Beast is responsible for that O5 travesty but yeah its the writers because that was beyond stupid to try and teach a lesson. I've always wanted to Beast to show near Hulk like strength...you know being a Beast and all along with his his enhanced speed and agility
    Do you want him to be Hulk level strong? Or do you think he is Hulk level strong but is never shown?

If it's the first, it's fine. But if it's the second, you're dead wrong. Beast isn't even Spider-Man level strong. Let alone Hulk.

I think there was a brief time during the early X-Factor era where he was approaching Hulk level strength, and I believe his intellect went down, correspondingly.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think there was a brief time during the early X-Factor era where he was approaching Hulk level strength, and I believe his intellect went down, correspondingly.
    Yeah, he was boosted to 'class 70' (able to lift 70 tons) for awhile, but I think that's gone away. (Before that, as an Avenger, he could lift 2 tons, IIRC.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, he was boosted to 'class 70' (able to lift 70 tons) for awhile, but I think that's gone away. (Before that, as an Avenger, he could lift 2 tons, IIRC.)
    didn't care much of her in X1.

Liked her in X2, thought she got her moment in X2. Remember if not for storm, xavier would have killed billions of humans.

Loved her in X3. X3 Showed Halle/Storm can go toe to toe with hugh/wolverine and more than hold her. own.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

X-Men: Gold. More like X-Men: Bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, he's not like that anymore.

I take the strength class ratings as more relative, as opposed to actual tonnage, because if you actually calculate the weight of their feats, those numbers fall apart.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The problems with Beast started way before they decided to make Scott the new Magneto. Every since Morrison Beast has just been getting worse and worse, and even a little before that. It has nothing to do with Cyclops.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The problems with Beast started way before they decided to make Scott the new Magneto. Every since Morrison Beast has just been getting worse and worse, and even a little before that. It has nothing to do with Cyclops.
    The Beast hate first started when he was upset that Scott left him to be tortured by Osborne and then it escalated when he told Hope to leave Utopia and finally exploded when he brought the 05 to the present.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think it depends on you as an individual as to when the problems with Beast started. As with his ENTIRE cast barring maybe Cyclops, Morrison's Beast was on point, but if you're a 90's stan you obviously aren't going to like it because he wasn't an ape anymore.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by endsong View Post
    jean grey is the leader that the x-men needed, deserved, and never got.

And that's as the host of the phoenix.
    amen to that
    we can be heroes, just for one day

I don't think you need to be a Cyclops fan to recognize that Beast's actions since AvX have been mind-blowingly stupid.

Mighty Member

What really grates is that practically everyone and their grandmother time travels in the MU. Back and forth constantly, messing with this or that; especially the X-men. But somehow Beast actions are much worse than anyone elses. How many displaced time travelers are currently living in the present time MU apart from the 05? Dozens! Yet only Beast gets called out. Has the Watcher ever showed up to bitch out Kang for messing with time, I think not.