Page 393 of 655 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403443493 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 9824
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    These are some gdo awful points. This isn't real life, it's a comic. It's a narrative that should have a consistent tone and key in the readers. Going "That's how governments work" is some half assed hand wavy bullshit.
    Agreed.

'Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.'

Just because the real-world has no editorial oversight or writing discipline behind it doesn't mean that crafted stories *that I'm paying for* shouldn't make a lick of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    To be fair FF had enough evidence to think they were on Krakoa (they were going there before Doom got them), Kitty really tried to kidnap Franklin before, only failed because Reed masked the x-gene.

Krakoans weren't minding their own bussiness when they opened the gate to otherworld

Not really kidnapping if Franklin was actively trying to get there. Honestly to each their own cause that mini wasn't good and Franklin isn't even a mutant anymore.

Also, it's been a while but did Apoc open the gates because Summoner showed up on Krakoa, or was he gonna do it anyway?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    These are some gdo awful points. This isn't real life, it's a comic. It's a narrative that should have a consistent tone and key in the readers. Going "That's how governments work" is some half assed hand wavy bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I feel saying "they're awful, just like the real government"! Is a lazy excuse for inconsistent and unclear characterization
    It isn't, it's part of the point Hickman is trying to make, as well as some of the other writers (like Percy in X-force): Krakoa is ultimately no better or no worse than any other nation, and no better or worse than most other governments. Most people in the Council are either evil or at least morally dubious by design.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I thought Krakoa was supposed to be better than any human nation.
    It isn't, and it was never supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Not really kidnapping if Franklin was actively trying to get there. Honestly to each their own cause that mini wasn't good and Franklin isn't even a mutant anymore.

Also, it's been a while but did Apoc open the gates because Summoner showed up on Krakoa, or was he gonna do it anyway?
    I think Summoner def motivated him into doing it since it was his appearance that convinced him that his wife and the Horseman were not dead/gone

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Kids can't go to places where their parents doesn't want, Kitty encouraged him to go to krakoa knowing his family was against it.

Apocalypse's plan on Excalibur always seemed to be open the gate

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post

It isn't, and it was never supposed to be.
    I remember very well books talking about how human instituitions are flawed and mean to fail

I remember very well books talking about how human instituitions are flawed and mean to fail
    Some mutants saying that doesn't mean it's true, or that is what the writers believe.

BANNED

Some mutants saying that doesn't mean it's true, or that is what the writers believe.
    it wasn't some, it was magneto, xavier...

it wasn't some, it was magneto, xavier...
    So some......

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I really hope the Council is gone at the end of Hickmans run.
    Didn't Hickman or one of the books actually say that the Quiet Council was supposed to be temporary until a more permanent gov. structure was put in place? I could've sworn I read that in a data page or interview somewhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So some......
    The founders of krakoa aren't some random unimportant mutants

The founders of krakoa aren't some random unimportant mutants
    He never said it was random unimportant mutants. He literally wrote some to describe them, which would be accurate. You are the one adding and arguing against extra adjectives that werent there

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He never said it was random unimportant mutants. He literally wrote some to describe them, which would be accurate. You are the one adding and arguing against extra adjectives that werent there
    Yep. Also, even if all mutants, without exception, believed that, doesn't mean it's what the writers believe or that is true.

BANNED

Yep. Also, even if all mutants, without exception, believed that, doesn't mean it's what the writers believe or that is true.
    Well maybe, but if the founders says that it is a clear intention on their part

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Didn't Hickman or one of the books actually say that the Quiet Council was supposed to be temporary until a more permanent gov. structure was put in place? I could've sworn I read that in a data page or interview somewhere.
    I think it was mentioned on a data page at the end of HoX.

Well maybe, but if the founders says that it is a clear intention on their part
    Sure, but Hickman and other writers are showing they are wrong.