Page 397 of 669 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 10026
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Only to the extent that Laura didn't comprehend the idea of choice at the time. Cyclops didn't ORDER her, but I don't think he fully considered that she was incapable of comprehending that she had the right and ability to say "No" due to her conditioning. HOWEVER Logan still should have put his foot down (she was 16 at the time, so if he was her legal guardian HE had the final say, NOT Cyclops) nor did he do her any favors with how he treated her during the series (IE exploding on her and telling her that her life was meaningless compared to an "innocent" like Rahne).
    Legal guardian means zero on x-men, specially when Scott was ordering around. Also she is 16, Scott should have known better. And now on krakoa he doesn't want kids fighting

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    That was Cyclops fault
    Yeah and as well all know Logan can't say no to Scott or put his foot down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Yeah and as well all know Logan can't say no to Scott or put his foot down.
    Later he did Schism and people hate him over that

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Later he did Schism and people hate him over that
    There's a difference between Schism and not endorsing the decision of putting your 16 years old traumatised daughter on a killing team.

There's a difference between Schism and not endorsing the decision of putting your 16 years old traumatised daughter on a killing team.
    Schism only highlighted his hypocrisy bc he was fighting alongside X-23 and Elixir in X-Force. People tend to forget that Josh was on that squad and it f--ked him up worse than Laura bc he wasnt made for that life

BANNED

Logan saw that it was messed up and then changed ideas, nothing wrong with that. Schism was when Logan wake up to that, remember that Logan was never a good father.

I think he should had said to Laura not enter the X-Force, but I doubt Scott would listen or respect him and at the end of the day 16 is enough to Laura do what she wanted
    Last edited by baxer; 12-04-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Mighty Member

I guarantee if Logan had tried to stop Laura from being on X-force X23 fans would be calling him sexist or saying Laura is free to do whatever she wants and it's not Logan's decision. It's the same thing with Batman, people accuse him of child endangerment when it comes to Robin but if he tries to stop any of the Robins or Batgirls from crime fighting then he is jerk or hypocrite. It's a dammed if you do dammed if you don't situation for both of them. And of course they both have a lot of haters so people are always looking for something to criticize them for, no matter what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I guarantee if Logan had tried to stop Laura from being on X-force X23 fans would be calling him sexist or saying Laura is free to do whatever she wants and it's not Logan's decision. It's the same thing with Batman, people accuse him of child endangerment when it comes to Robin but if he tries to stop any of the Robins or Batgirls from crime fighting then he is jerk or hypocrite. It's a dammed if you do dammed if you don't situation for both of them. And of course they both have a lot of haters so people are always looking for something to criticize them for, no matter what they do.
    Not really... One there's a difference between robins/batgirls and allowing children on a killing team. No child should ever be put on X-force especially when even the seasoned adults have a hard time coping being on the team. Laura of all people shouldn't have put on that team especially since because of her upbringing in the weapon x programme she didn't even know she had the choice or agency to refuse. She didn't know that option existed and none of the adults around her bothered to even tell her.

Secondly, the problem with Batman is that only he is questionable mentor at time, but he's also so emotionally stunted he's completely unable to perform even the basics of emotional functions required to pass for a human being. Which is what ends scaring and messing up all the robins and batgirls more than the vigilantism. Plus the optics of a billionaire going around adopting poor orphans so he can train them as semi child soldiers just aren't great.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

A subversion? Because matronly the design I mean!

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    the gloves

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    A subversion? Because matronly the design I mean!
    Those gloves should keep her hands supple after a hard day of doing dishes. :/

She looks like Dexter's mom! Only more emotionally dead.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Is the gloves so Jean doesn't get dish pan hands? Otherwise I like it.

Now...

The real Beast can come back. He can.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    The truth right here

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Id-Ego-Superego(Freud) isn't the same theory/concept as 'anima'(Jung). If anything, each clone would have their own idiosyncratic id, specific to their own bodies/experiences, and they might share one transcendent super ego. But Freud was just a phallus obsessed cokehead, so I wouldn't think too hard on it.
    I think at this point, if Hickman had plans to reveal Otherworld and the ressurection 'hurdle' it would create , he should have formulated a clean cut get out from the beginning to explain how resurrection works and why Cerebro is used at all.He needed to differentiate 'anima or identity (memories/experiences) from a soul or life force as two distinct qualities. Just say the universe and multiverse abhors a vaccum, everytime a living or biological entity is born it is bestowed with innate life force, it comes from the universe itself .The only issue why Magnus and Xavier do the Cerebro updates is to shorten the need to mature an aged organism mentally(as Eva Bell accelerates physical maturation, Cerebro accelerates mental maturation) If they didn't do Cerebro updates anyone cloned would basically be a young newborn mind in an old body and you can't have babies that need to learn to 'walk' on Krakoa.That would explain everything pretty well especially if Otherworld is described as a nexus of universes so there there is a higher concentration of life force flow creating static or interference because of the high concentration.This interference short circuits cerebro because the mental frames of various realities overload it and no backup while in the nexus/otherworld is possible.The further you go from Otherworld the less the life-force 'charge'. Would also explain why they absolutely need to make sure someone is confirmed dead before proceeding to resurrect, this is because while resurrection by creating a new organism would still work but it would increase the life force charge of the same identity in this universe and this would again create update problems with Cerebro not completely circuiting it but perhaps leading to memory errors or blanks that are unacceptable.

I just think it would be a more clear cut explanation than what we have right now.
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-05-2020 at 11:22 PM.

There's just something so cringe about Leah Williams' writing and interpretation of Emma Frost.

And I currently really enjoy Duggan's Emma so it's not even just the idea of Emma as a considerably nice/sympathetic/supportive person.