Page 398 of 669 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448498 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 10029
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There's just something so cringe about Leah Williams' writing and interpretation of Emma Frost.

And I currently really enjoy Duggan's Emma so it's not even just the idea of Emma as a considerably nice/sympathetic/supportive person.
    I didn't love that scene in X-Factor #5 but in my opinion we have to remember that for Emma the one real soft spot she has, the one thing that will shatter her diamond façade, is her relationship to her students. The Hellions dying is what turned Emma from a stone cold villain to an X-Man and that event is the trauma on which her entire life changed its axis. The New X-Men student era, and all the killing that generation suffered, would have a tremendous effect on Emma and its right that it got acknowledged in some way. I would LOVE for a proper Hellions/Emma reunion to be shown in Marauders or something as again its as fundamental a part of her character development as you can get. The scene with Dani was not my favorite written exchange but it had to happen in some form so I was willing to meet it half way

There's just something so cringe about Leah Williams' writing and interpretation of Emma Frost.

And I currently really enjoy Duggan's Emma so it's not even just the idea of Emma as a considerably nice/sympathetic/supportive person.
    I agree. She has such rose-coloured view of her to the point of being delusional. I remember she once said that the other X-Women would totally be besties with her once they learn to see things from her POV. I guess those stupid girls just don't understand how amazing she is.

BANNED

It showed in the last two issues of X-Factor that she likes Emma too much to write her in an actually engaging way.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I agree. She has such rose-coloured view of her to the point of being delusional. I remember she once said that the other X-Women would totally be besties with her once they learn to see things from her POV. I guess those stupid girls just don't understand how amazing she is.
    Does she also include Storm, whom she tortured and whose body she once stole?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Does she also include Storm, whom she tortured and whose body she once stole?
    She didn't specify which ones, she just said "the other X-ladies":

"In general, I am longing for more positive female interactions between the other X-ladies and Emma because I feel like once they get her -- once they can train their eye to see from her POV and understand how she operates, I think they’d all start to be ride or die for each other."

But most likely yes.

She didn't specify which ones, she just said "the other X-ladies":

"In general, I am longing for more positive female interactions between the other X-ladies and Emma because I feel like once they get her -- once they can train their eye to see from her POV and understand how she operates, I think they’d all start to be ride or die for each other."

But most likely yes.
    I mean I get it... but maybe Emma should idk stop looking down on everyone else? Like others have said I’m glad that she addresses Emma’s loving teacher side but I’m also glad that she doesn’t write her on a consistent basis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I mean I get it... but maybe Emma should idk stop looking down on everyone else? Like others have said I’m glad that she addresses Emma’s loving teacher side but I’m also glad that she doesn’t write her on a consistent basis.
    maybe stop Emma betraying people too. I see no reason to be friends with somebody that likes to do snark comments all the time like we are in some kinda of war. The chaarcter have been very little growth

Seems like leah is really a big fan and that Emma never did nothing wrong on he eyes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Seems like leah is really a big fan and that Emma never did nothing wrong on he eyes.
    Yeah, nothing wrong at all with tormenting a traumatized girl suffering from severe esteem and self-worth issues and borderline-suicidal depression with horrific visions of the thing she hates herself the most for, all because you THINK she might do something that she has no control over.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    maybe stop Emma betraying people too. I see no reason to be friends with somebody that likes to do snark comments all the time like we are in some kinda of war. The chaarcter have been very little growth

Leah is an Emma stan. She's one of her, if not her favorite character so Emma will almost never be written less than favorably under her pen

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Jean knows and understands Emma. I would say Storm does as well. Scott, Xavier and Magneto all do as well.

Emma is Emma.
    And has always done things her way regardless they go against Xavier's grain, ever since her Massachusetts Academy days in early New Mutants (I would say that is what sets her apart from any of the other heroes who tend to think and operate within the X-Code). Everyone who matters, knows this and has accepted her for who she is and what she's done for mutant kind over the years since becoming an X-Man.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Emma works best as an outsider. The more people view her as a BFF, the less she feels like Emma. The idea that people should all be loving and receptive of her is cringeworthy. Emma is very guarded and selective of whom she lets into her inner circle. It makes the few close relationships she does have more special and it doesnt make sense for her to have alot of close friends

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Jean knows and understands Emma. I would say Storm does as well. Scott, Xavier and Magneto all do as well.

Emma is Emma.
    And has always done things her way regardless they go against Xavier's grain, ever since her Massachusetts Academy days in early New Mutants (I would say that is what sets her apart from any of the other heroes who tend to think and operate within the X-Code). Everyone who matters, knows this and has accepted her for who she is and what she's done for mutant kind over the years since becoming an X-Man.
    Mostly writers making everyone liking Emma. Jean and Storm should never like her, Emma violating and helping violating their consent is dark stuff that isnt forgivable
    I see no reason to be around someone like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Leah is an Emma stan. She's one of her, if not her favorite character so Emma will almost never be written less than favorably under her pen
    Welp imagine she writing Emma on regular, even fanfics will feel less biased.
    Last edited by baxer; 12-07-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Accepting someone is quite separate from liking them.
    I would say only a select few of X-Men like Emma (not that she really cares whether or not they do) but certainly the top-tier X-Men, the O5 and the ANAD Generation, the New Mutants and the Gen-X-ers do respect her tremendously.
    And for Emma that respect is more important than being "liked".

When you become the editor/writer of the X-books...you can make all the sweeping changes to the many gross errors past and current writers have perpetrated. You can then dictate what should and shouldn't be and what is and isn't forgivable.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-07-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

I think most of the x-women do ‘understand’ her and see her POV. That’s why they can still work with her and not constantly punch her in the nose when she’s been bitchy to them,lol. It’s still not fun to hang out with someone whose always insulting you though, even if you know they’re ‘protecting themselves from pain.’ It’s entirely realistic that most of them would be like ‘ k, you keep ‘protecting yourself’ over here, I’m going somewhere else now’.

BANNED

Acceptation also comes more of a obligation than something earned