Page 399 of 669 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 10026
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Again...Emma has already proven herself, time and again. As an X-Man and a protector of Mutant kind. She's more than earned their respect and acceptance.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Again...Emma has already proven herself, time and again. As an X-Man and a protector of Mutant kind. She's more than earned their respect and acceptance.
    She betrayed them 3 times in a short time. sure protector of mutant kind

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I think most of the x-women do ‘understand’ her and see her POV. That’s why they can still work with her and not constantly punch her in the nose when she’s been bitchy to them,lol. It’s still not fun to hang out with someone whose always insulting you though, even if you know they’re ‘protecting themselves from pain.’ It’s entirely realistic that most of them would be like ‘ k, you keep ‘protecting yourself’ over here, I’m going somewhere else now’.
    I still dont get that, people have to grow up. Specially Emma that grew up privileged and rich

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yup Yup. We're beating a Butter Rum at this point. Some folks just won't change their minds, and this IS the "controversial/unpopular opinion" thread anyhow.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. Not that I wanted to change their minds...I really don't care that much about a different opinion but yes...I gave my two pence and I'm good.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yup Yup. We're beating a Butter Rum at this point. Some folks just won't change their minds, and this IS the "controversial/unpopular opinion" thread anyhow.
    because there is no reason to change minds, but whatever

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    because there is no reason to change minds, but whatever
    Not when said minds harbor irrelevant opinions, but hey. Let's keep it pushing
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Amazing Member

There have been so many cosmic retcons and universe resets that unless it gets referenced again I'm just gonna assume in this time line Emma didn't kill that horse.

She betrayed them 3 times in a short time. sure protector of mutant kind

I still dont get that, people have to grow up. Specially Emma that grew up privileged and rich
    I mean some people just have personality flaws, especially people with traumas. I personally love it when other X-Men (especially Storm) put Emma in her place. I’m glad that not all the X-Men are friends because it’d be unrealistic for every mutant to get along.

Astonishing Member

maybe stop Emma betraying people too. I see no reason to be friends with somebody that likes to do snark comments all the time like we are in some kinda of war. The chaarcter have been very little growth

Seems like leah is really a big fan and that Emma never did nothing wrong on he eyes.
    Emma is just an insufferable snob, I think the writers wrote her that way and writing her any different will be ooc, but yeah maybe the only option would be to kill her in Otherworld or lock her in the vault maybe she can evolve a little

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

When you have to dig Butter Rum, you know you're in trouble. The fact is people that hate Emma hate her because she slept with Jean's man, and Jean is perfect and that can never happen, so Emma has to be a whore- and now Hickman made saint Jean sleep with more than one man, so he, like Morrison, must be hated. It always about sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    When you have to dig Butter Rum, you know you're in trouble. The fact is people that hate Emma hate her because she slept with Jean's man, and Jean is perfect and that can never happen, so Emma has to be a whore- and now Hickman made saint Jean sleep with more than one man, so he, like Morrison, must be hated. It always about sex.
    Butter Rum was mentioned as a joke. It isn't the only one of Emma's sins that were mentioned here and as pointed out, her sleeping with Scott isn't remotely the worst thing she's done. This has nothing to do with slut shaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    While this is definitely true some fans, Emma is also kind of an asshole. Some fans love it and some fans hate it.

If I'm being honest, a vast majority of the "sins" Emma has committed are miniscule in the grand scheme of things. What she did to Storm, many telepaths have done and gotten away with FAR worse (looking at YOU, Charles). Adultery, really? Unless one is basing said actions in a religious sense, adultery isn't something to be appalled by. Emma's actions as a member of the HFC, that's just standard supervillain stuff, and compared to the likes of Selene, Sebastian and Shinobi Shaw, Donald Pierce, etc, Emma's actions are pretty low-grade with impact limited to certain individual characters. In all, I don't get why people are still clutching their collective pearls regarding Emma, in and outside of the comics.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    While this is definitely true some fans, Emma is also kind of an asshole. Some fans love it and some fans hate it.
    Its also why in the books many dont like her even if they do respect her

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    If I'm being honest, a vast majority of the "sins" Emma has committed are miniscule in the grand scheme of things. What she did to Storm, many telepaths have done and gotten away with FAR worse (looking at YOU, Charles).
    The closest thing Xavier has done in comparison to Emma's casual abuse of her powers is erasing the memory of the Deadly Genesis team which got him kicked out of the X-mansion by Scott.

Adultery, really? Unless one is basing said actions in a religious sense, adultery isn't something to be appalled by.
    Says who?

Emma's actions as a member of the HFC, that's just standard supervillain stuff, and compared to the likes of Selene, Sebastian and Shinobi Shaw, Donald Pierce, etc, Emma's actions are pretty low-grade with impact limited to certain individual characters. In all, I don't get why people are still clutching their collective pearls regarding Emma, in and outside of the comics.
    Emma tortured the X-Men and helped cause the Dark Phoenix.