Page 40 of 657 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140540 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    What really grates is that practically everyone and their grandmother time travels in the MU. Back and forth constantly, messing with this or that; especially the X-men. But somehow Beast actions are much worse than anyone elses. How many displaced time travelers are currently living in the present time MU apart from the 05? Dozens! Yet only Beast gets called out. Has the Watcher ever showed up to bitch out Kang for messing with time, I think not.
    Beast is the only one that brought characters from the past using doomlock technology which caused said characters to get stuck here.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Do you want him to be Hulk level strong? Or do you think he is Hulk level strong but is never shown?

If it's the first, it's fine. But if it's the second, you're dead wrong. Beast isn't even Spider-Man level strong. Let alone Hulk.
    Its the first, I don't know why you even mentioned the second because I never even said anything close to that. I said I wanted him to be strong, its there in the post

Some of these students should be evil. Or bad guys. Come on. What school has a full roster of angels anywhere? There should be many more: Bullies. Jerks. Classists. Conceited jocks. Troubled hateful nerds. Mean "girls". Addicts. Lawbreakers. Theives.

Quentin cannot be the only one. No school has 100% angelic graduates. I'm expecting there to be some villains graduating Xaviers.

BANNED

Jean pushed scott and emma to be together. yeah no, I never bought into that. no way will jean push scott and emma to be a couple.

Wolverine vs. Hulk being a proper fight is almost exactly as bad as Batman vs. Superman being a proper fight.

Fantastic Member

Some fans complaining about Guggenheim's "ALL KITTY! ALL THE TIME!" would love if their faves had a 'Guggenheim' and would be defending the **** out of said writer.

I hate when fans of No-Name Mutant #47 **** on the established characters. You're not gonna make Fetch happen.
    Last edited by Aighthomie; 08-17-2017 at 02:23 AM.

Black Panther and Storm should break up for good this time and stay the hell out of each other's lives. As I've said before, I used to support the pairing but the poor handling of it by Marvel editorial killed my love for it. Coates is just really beating a dead horse by putting them back together especially since the upcoming Black Panther movie is gonna introduce a new love interest played by Lupita Nyongo (ok it's a bit of a stretch to call her new since she's an in name only incarnation of a pre-existing character but that's besides the point). Just let them both move the hell on from each other and see new people (and I'm ESPECIALLY talking about T'Challa).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Wolverine vs. Hulk being a proper fight is almost exactly as bad as Batman vs. Superman being a proper fight.
    Agreeing with this. Many of Logan's feats, especially post-Claremont when his healing factor got jacked up to 11, are just plain fanfic-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    Some fans complaining about Guggenheim's "ALL KITTY! ALL THE TIME!" would love if their faves had a 'Guggenheim' and would be defending the **** out of said writer.

I hate when fans of No-Name Mutant #47 **** on the established characters. You're not gonna make Fetch happen.
    Cyclops and emma got all the guggemheim on the past. People just hate it is Kitty

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Agreeing with this. Many of Logan's feats, especially post-Claremont when his healing factor got jacked up to 11, are just plain fanfic-worthy.
    That is what ruined the character for me. When they started having him heal from a single drop of blood or after being burnt down to nothing but a skeleton I was officially done with Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Beast is the only one that brought characters from the past using doomlock technology which caused said characters to get stuck here.
    Doomlock technology doesn't make return trips impossible. You think Doom has never travelled into the future before? Bringing a person from the past into their present. Or is Earth circa 2012 the only point in time Uatu randomly cares about?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Cyclops and emma got all the guggemheim on the past. People just hate it is Kitty
    Man, Kitty fans are blindly in love with their girl and can see zero flaws in her. It feels like being a Kitty fan is like joining a cult.

When Cyclops and Emma were the highlight, you didn't have every other character talking non-stop about how their farts smell so good and every heroic thing they did they did it to impress Cyclops.

Rogue is the lead of Uncanny but she isn't written as a mary sue so she gets no hate.

Prior to BLUE coming out, people hated on Jeen but despite Bunn making her the lead, he doesn't write her as perfect either, and voila, people have even praised her character development.

Keep drinking the koolaid Kitty fans.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

People need to accept their status quo iconic faves fading into background to allow for the newer gen to rise to prominence

Or we need to permit some permanent deaths to accomplish same goal

Otherwise too stagnant stale

Theme of X-Men is always bigger than any one character or team, change is crucial
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    Jean pushed scott and emma to be together. yeah no, I never bought into that. no way will jean push scott and emma to be a couple.

I... wouldnīt say she pushed them to be together. But, i do think Emma and Scott relationship makes sense.

Jean is in many ways the perfect girl, even in her flaws and weaknesses. She is woman who would inspire you to be a better man, to work harder and endure whatever life throws at you. With Jean as your girlfriend you would feel you are part of something special and good, something right and important.

Scott had many many responsabilities over the years, pressure and stress. He had to be a strong leader so everyone else could feel secure. Listening to the fears and doubts of other people, while never having time or place to express his own fears and doubts. Always beeing pushed by those under his care but never pushing back. With Jean to inspire him.
    Then comes Emma Frost, sexy and edonist to tell scott: "Dude... relax a bit, enjoy life, you deserve it.. if they donīt like what you do.. f#$k them. You donīt need to be a martir or what they expect all the time". In a way, Emma offered scott the posibility to be free. To be whoever he wanted to be, and she would never judge him. He donīt need to be a better man with Emma, he just needs to be.

I always found all of this symbolism really interesting. To me the love triangle made a lot of sense. Though to be honest, i always like Jean and Scott together.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gortam View Post
    I... wouldnīt say she pushed them to be together. But, i do think Emma and Scott relationship makes sense.

Jean is in many ways the perfect girl, even in her flaws and weaknesses. She is woman who would inspire you to be a better man, to work harder and endure whatever life throws at you. With Jean as your girlfriend you would feel you are part of something special and good, something right and important.

Scott had many many responsabilities over the years, pressure and stress. He had to be a strong leader so everyone else could feel secure. Listening to the fears and doubts of other people, while never having time or place to express his own fears and doubts.
    Out of curiosity, when did you start reading X-Men comics? I ask because a central aspect of Scott and Jean's relationship for decades was them expressing their fears and doubts to each other. Recommended reading: Louise Simonson's entire run on X-Factor, Scott Lobdell's run on Uncanny X-Men--particularly issue #308, and the first Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix mini-series.

Sometimes, I swear it's like there's this entire alternate canon of X-Men stories out there where Scott and Jean had this schmaltzy, storybook Disney romance, and that's why Scemma fans view Scott and Jean's relationship the way they do. But, no such alternate canon exists. In the actual published stories, Scott and Jean's relationship was anything but some sort of shallow, happily-ever-after boilerplate.

I can understand that perspective if one has never read any Scott and Jean stories published before Morrison's run. But, otherwise, where do people get this from? Fan fiction? The cartoons?

Then comes Emma Frost, sexy and edonist to tell scott: "Dude... relax a bit, enjoy life, you deserve it.. if they donīt like what you do.. f#$k them. You donīt need to be a martir or what they expect all the time". In a way, Emma offered scott the posibility to be free. To be whoever he wanted to be, and she would never judge him. He donīt need to be a better man with Emma, he just needs to be.
    I never got that from Scemma at all. Their relationship began as a means for Emma to mess with Jean, but then continued because, if you take Morrison's stories at face value, Emma fell for her own scam and fell in love with Scott. After that, Emma kicked off their physical relationship by inviting Scott to run the school with her, not be free of all expectations and run off together to just live life and relax.