Page 406 of 657 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 9846
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The trouble Emma brings is far more than Jerry Springer drama, and the more I think about how she got Scott the more horrible she gets. She should have vastly more conflict with the team then she does have, especially when's he keeps doing horrible things mutant villains do when they're in terrorist groups. Everyone should not nat her on the team, the X-men writers need to stop writing the team like she's Rogue when she joined. She's not Rogue, she's Sabretooth. Kwannon wasn't seducing Cyclops, that was Betsy and that was typical soapy drama expected in the books not what Emma did as his therapist. She does fit on the Quiet Council more than Jean and Storm, another monster in a group of monsters fits just like she did in the Hellfire Club.
    Calm down, it's really not that deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Calm down, it's really not that deep.
    The comics have been explicit with the things she's done, both as a villain and in the X-men. The fact the writers make the other characters act like she's Rogue shouldn't be waved away. It makes the X-men look incredibly bad by having her on the team. Because sex slavery, mass brainwashing and rape is deep, and Emma did two of those as an X-man to other X-men. She tried to did the first with Kitty, as well, she just failed.

The comics have been explicit with the things she's done, both as a villain and in the X-men. The fact the writers make the other characters act like she's Rogue shouldn't be waved away. It makes the X-men look incredibly bad by having her on the team. Because sex slavery, mass brainwashing and rape is deep, and Emma did two of those as an X-man to other X-men. She tried to did the first with Kitty, as well, she just failed.
    You realize that most people don't see things how you do, I am not calling your point right or wrong. I can point Orichimaru in Naruto, Angel and Spike in Buffy, Deckard Shaw in fast and furious. Some people don't care about bad guys switching side like you do. People aren't as bothered as YOU, It might ruin X-men for YOU but overall people don't feel as strongly. And with the time sliding scale in comics it is pretty easy to ignore stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Dysfunction for dysfunction's sake is not inherently interesting or better writing.
    Again you are adding a negative that wasn't implied. I am talking for dysfunction for the sake interesting stories. It is not dysfunction for the sake dysfunction that would be good friends ,who are professionals about how they go about things all of sudden arguing and disagreeing. I was talking about how the X-men need different styles of heroes people by sake of their strong philosophy and views create conflict. People like Wolverine, Magik, Cable, M, Psylocke are interesting for the X-men, People like Emma, Magneto, Apocalypse, Greycrow, Black Tom, Mystique are interesting for the X-men, People like Nightcrawler, Dust and Cece Reyes are interesting for the X-men. The larger majority of X-men aren't that they are a certain style of hero that leads to safe boring drama.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-09-2020 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    But nobody contradicts them…

And the depowered are considered as humans and they are shamed for that in a society where you’re a true citizen only if you have a power, to the point they commit suicide.
    Again Apocalypse was the ONLY one doing the shaming and that was once the Crucible had already started (an event that they literally had to volunteer for). I'd be convinced by your point if we saw ANY random Krakoan talking poorly about depowered mutants, but that hasn't happened. Also I don't think the depowered are exactly considered humans because there's no fuss about them being able to live on the island or not.

I do think that we should see more people contradicting them to their faces. I think Wolverine has gone on a couple monologues, but nothing super concrete yet.

Remember that Magneto originally had more in common with the perpetrators of the Holocaust than its victims. Changing a previously villainous character to fit the desires of a new storyteller is nothing new to the X-Men, Marvel, or even serialized storytelling as a whole.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You realize that most people don't see things how you do, I am not calling your point right or wrong. I can point Orichimaru in Naruto, Angel and Spike in Buffy, Deckard Shaw in fast and furious. Some people don't care about bad guys switching side like you do. People aren't as bothered as YOU, It might ruin X-men for YOU but overall people don't feel as strongly. And with the time sliding scale in comics it is pretty easy to ignore stuff.
    Yeah TV shows do this all the time with redemption arcs. In Once Upon a Time I'm pretty sure Regina has done some of the things you accused Emma of but because no one mentions it for 5 seasons the writers can continue with her redemption arc.

It's even more understandable for comics, where there are dozens of writers tackling these characters. I don't think every new writer should have to explicitly go over every horrible thing that Emma has done just because they want to write her. Additionally, it's not like she's shown to be besties with most of the X-Men.

Like Gray Lensman pointed out why aren't the threads flooded with rants about Magneto. Homboi was a full on terrorist who attempted to murder the X-Men countless times and has betrayed them countless times (didn't he go bad again like two years ago?), sooo Imma need to see some consistency.

Astonishing Member

It's disingenuous to say like it's fact that you speak for "most people" on this subject. Actually, you are because yours certainly not agreeing with me on this subject. Most of those examples are very controversial figures in their fandoms, and one of those people tried to commit rape on screen - the character never fully recovered with the fandom. What are getting at with Angel? This isn't just about bad guys switching sides, it's about characters doing bad things which are monstrous subjects in reality. The fact they're committed in media does not diminish the seriousness of why they were bought up in those stories. Deckard Shaw is hardly equal to Emma, post-X-men, as soon as he switched sides he made a clean redemption arc and hasn't switched back to his evil ways while on Team Dom. He also didn't do things like commit sex slavery or rape, something far more sensitive to the audience than murder. The sliding time scale only makes Emma doing that in a shorter time span, the only reason she's getting away is because Marvel refuses to acknowledge what she does. It's why Marvel no longer brings up how Magneto tried to make himself mutant slaves in Stan's run, they know they have to do this or that character will stop making them money. Ignoring it won't make it any less canon, but it is strange to do on a comic book defined by things like minority rights. To other mutants, of all people.

It's disingenuous to say like it's fact that you speak for "most people" on this subject.
    I am speaking for most people on the subject, because they aren't tearing down forum with complaints. Which leads me to understand that they don't care about it. You clearly don't want Emma and Magneto on the X-men it is fair to say most people don't feel that way.

Morrsion Magneto and Hickman Magneto are two different people One is a villain and One is antihero, Gen-X Emma and IvX Emma and awful Uncanny run before Hickman got on Emma are two different people,One is person who care about her students and other person is a straight up villain. I wish writers were consistent but they are not and since Marvel does not reboot, We are left with bad stories on the books. The writer clearly meant for Bishop to be a bad guy in Messiah complex, The Bishop who is walking around right now isn't that dude. Yeah it is canon but they are never going to touch on it again. It sucks for you because you are going to carry that story around but current writer might not care for that version of the character.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-09-2020 at 05:11 AM.

Again you are adding a negative that wasn't implied. I am talking for dysfunction for the sake interesting stories. It is not dysfunction for the sake dysfunction that would be good friends ,who are professionals about how they go about things all of sudden arguing and disagreeing. I was talking about how the X-men need different styles of heroes people by sake of their strong philosophy and views create conflict. People like Wolverine, Magik, Cable, M, Psylocke are interesting for the X-men, People like Emma, Magneto, Apocalypse, Greycrow, Black Tom, Mystique are interesting for the X-men, People like Nightcrawler, Dust and Cece Reyes are interesting for the X-men. The larger majority of X-men aren't that they are a certain style of hero that leads to safe boring drama.
    There is a huge difference between the likes of Cable and Psylocke and the likes of Apocalypse and Mystique. "It creates drama" is not inherently a good reason. In fact, we've had what you suggested in the X-Men for the past 10 years or so and it mostly has not lead to interesting stories. It's often considered by many, many fans to be the worst period of the franchise.

There is more variety and diversity among the X-Men without making characters like Mystique or Apocalypse part of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah TV shows do this all the time with redemption arcs. In Once Upon a Time I'm pretty sure Regina has done some of the things you accused Emma of but because no one mentions it for 5 seasons the writers can continue with her redemption arc.

It's even more understandable for comics, where there are dozens of writers tackling these characters. I don't think every new writer should have to explicitly go over every horrible thing that Emma has done just because they want to write her. Additionally, it's not like she's shown to be besties with most of the X-Men.

Like Gray Lensman pointed out why aren't the threads flooded with rants about Magneto. Homboi was a full on terrorist who attempted to murder the X-Men countless times and has betrayed them countless times (didn't he go bad again like two years ago?), sooo Imma need to see some consistency.
    Regina was also criticized as well. Especially since she was also guilty of rape. By the end of the series, the only reason anyone tuned into that show was because of Lana Parrilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There is a huge difference between the likes of Cable and Psylocke and the likes of Apocalypse and Mystique. "It creates drama" is not inherently a good reason.
    I didn't say "drama", I said "conflict". You are having conversion with points I am not even making and attributing them to me. I didn't say Psylocke and Apocalypse are the same if you look what I said,I have bunch of people separated in different groups. Anyways we are not going to agree on this especially with you add things to my point I am not even saying. It is fine to have different views.moving on
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-09-2020 at 05:24 AM.

I wonder when people are going to stop crying about Emma being on the team, it's been almost 30 years since Generation X #1.

Extraordinary Member

As far as I'm concerned Emma should never have stopped being a villain in the first place, but then I've never read the stories where she changed sides or most of Gen. X and I've no desire to see them pull the same shenanigans they did in turning Magneto back into a villain after spending so much time building to his switching from villain to hero.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I wonder when people are going to stop crying about Emma being on the team, it's been almost 30 years since Generation X #1.
    Has it really been that long? *checks publication history* 26 years...Bloody Hell!!!
    I've loved Emma as a Hellfire villain.
    I've loved Emma as Massachusetts Academy head master and foil to Xavier and his SfGY.
    I've loved Emma as Gen-X mentor and as an official X-Man.
    I'm loving Emma as Mutant-kind's hero and protector.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Have people stopped crying about Cyclops leaving Madelyne? That was 34 years ago.