Page 407 of 668 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457507 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 10014

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I wonder when people are going to stop crying about Emma being on the team, it's been almost 30 years since Generation X #1.
    There is phrase known as "Never Live That Down", many comic book characthers have one or two of such moments.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Mighty Member

Some of the same people doggedly defending Emma for all her shitty and villainous actions are the same people condemning Beast for his. Stop attacking Emma and move on but Beast is the worst, throw him in the hole. Rank hypocrisy when Emma has done worst than Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Some of the same people doggedly defending Emma for all her shitty and villainous actions are the same people condemning Beast for his. Stop attacking Emma and move on but Beast is the worst, throw him in the hole. Rank hypocrisy when Emma has done worst than Hank.
    That's just life, i don't expect the same reactions from my friends or family to an event or crisis and all are different. Some people you just expect more from and some you just expect less. The context in which you made the statement for me lacks what i think would be needed for it to be hypocrisy. Emma and Beast aren't the same and don't have the same value system as presented by the history of the characters and the actual situations people are reacting to aren't the same.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

krakoa is full of villains, I can't cherish if a villain get the worse while another still get just fine. Tht is a massive mistke with x-men. I still think Sabertooth was unfair deal;
    Last edited by baxer; 12-09-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Where are the mods to get this thread back on topic? The Emma hate train has lasted too long. There have been other threads to bash and criticize her past

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Well, thing is saving the X men doesn't bring that planet of people she killed back. That's the problem, not how she treats her friends. If anything them being willing to sweep planetary extinction because she helped them out makes them look terrible. And I get it, the specifics with the cloning and psychic copies and all that makes it super weird. they've been iffy on how responsible she is for it, what with the whole fusing to her past memories and junk.
    I disagree. Of course it doesn't bring the people dead back, but she was the victim too. If X-men punished her, they would have been very cruel. The guilty are the people who abused her
    The thing about not being 100% Jean also helps she not being 100% guilty.
    Last edited by baxer; 12-09-2020 at 09:10 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That's just life, i don't expect the same reactions from my friends or family to an event or crisis and all are different. Some people you just expect more from and some you just expect less. The context in which you made the statement for me lacks what i think would be needed for it to be hypocrisy. Emma and Beast aren't the same and don't have the same value system as presented by the history of the characters and the actual situations people are reacting to aren't the same.
    Exactatiously.

Emma's morals and actions have always been "questionable"...it's one of the many reasons why I love her.
    Beast has never been this...stupid or short-sighted. Even when Infectia kissed him and made him human-looking and dumb, he was still morally sound and heroic.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Again you are adding a negative that wasn't implied. I am talking for dysfunction for the sake interesting stories. It is not dysfunction for the sake dysfunction that would be good friends ,who are professionals about how they go about things all of sudden arguing and disagreeing. I was talking about how the X-men need different styles of heroes people by sake of their strong philosophy and views create conflict. People like Wolverine, Magik, Cable, M, Psylocke are interesting for the X-men, People like Emma, Magneto, Apocalypse, Greycrow, Black Tom, Mystique are interesting for the X-men, People like Nightcrawler, Dust and Cece Reyes are interesting for the X-men. The larger majority of X-men aren't that they are a certain style of hero that leads to safe boring drama.
    It comes off as "dysfunction for dysfunction's sake" because none of their issues are ever resolved satisfyingly. It's like post-Civil War drama. It's just going to blow-up in their faces later, and then they're going to act surprised when it does even though everyone with a brain could've seen it coming.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

All of the Cuckoos should be fucking Mikhail Rasputin.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Lololololololol

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And just like that we're back on topic...kudos Snap!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ok controversial idea- The ‘Penance’ Body is in fact a whole other husk of a person, indeed the Yugoslavian mutant with the power to harden her exterior at the cost of her consciousness, that the St. Croix family has owned this entire time as a slave to serve their bloodline’s Gestalt powers for a very long time. Like having mutant slaves is part of the St. Croix family heritage. That way, the body can be accessed and passed between heirs for whatever their reasons- is a body for Claudette, a ‘safe space’ for Monet, literal dinner for Marius. This would also bring up uncomfortable issues that need further exploring regarding Monet as a metaphor for the idea of ‘mutant privilege’ from yet another perspective and it would be creepy, interesting, and uncomfortable to discuss, graphically.

Monet should just start hanging with the Mastermind Sisters, and Verre, and La Nuit❤️

Ok controversial idea- The ‘Penance’ Body is in fact a whole other husk of a person, indeed the Yugoslavian mutant with the power to harden her exterior at the cost of her consciousness, that the St. Croix family has owned this entire time as a slave to serve their bloodline’s Gestalt powers for a very long time. Like having mutant slaves is part of the St. Croix family heritage. That way, the body can be accessed and passed between heirs for whatever their reasons- is a body for Claudette, a ‘safe space’ for Monet, literal dinner for Marius. This would also bring up uncomfortable issues that need further exploring regarding Monet as a metaphor for the idea of ‘mutant privilege’ from yet another perspective and it would be creepy, interesting, and uncomfortable to discuss, graphically.
    I dont like the idea of one of the few black family in the X-line be involved in generational slavery. It wouldnt be a good look for Marvel to go down that route with Monet