Page 412 of 669 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422462512 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 10026
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I fuckin loathe the X-men team costumes. The ones with the stripe of color down the center and the color blocking. It’s played out af, it’s boring as hell, everyone looks like a dork in any incarnation of this travesty and it just doesn’t feel individual, unique or mutant-y. I Love the mutants that are bold enough to wear their Byrne era or individual grown up costumes because that’s what being on Krakoa is supposed to be about- rocking and flaunting your own personality in tandem with others, not trying to dress like human superheroes or in matching body socks.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Which didn't just get posted out of the blue?

Never mind that a line about giving a witness was right there in the post...
    Maybe I misinterpreted your comment but since it was in response to my quoted comment I thought it was directed at me. My bad

All-New Member

I though The Draco storyline had potential I just think poorly executed. I like the idea two line of mutants mistaken as Angels and Demons. I would have liked to seen that explored more and potentially connect them with the Purifiers reason for wanting to kill mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Maybe I misinterpreted your comment but since it was in response to my quoted comment I thought it was directed at me. My bad
    No biggie.

While we were essentially in agreement, I could see how it might not have been crystal clear.

Come to think of it...

Is it "Unpopular..."/"Controversial..." to be a little bummed that Venus Dee Milo and U-Go Girl didn't make it into S.W.O.R.D.?

Xavier has always been a jerk. You can check comics even from Stan Lee, since the first, and Xavier has always been a morally gray character, to say the least.

The idealized version of cartoons and movies has influenced many people who are surprised when Xavier does bad things in modern comics when in fact he has always been that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Xavier has always been a jerk. You can check comics even from Stan Lee, since the first, and Xavier has always been a morally gray character, to say the least.

The idealized version of cartoons and movies has influenced many people who are surprised when Xavier does bad things in modern comics when in fact he has always been that way.
    I started reading X-men with Claremont so my characterization of Xavier cames from his run: a flawed character, Xavier was but never bad.

But no character was morally perfect then anyway…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I started reading X-men with Claremont so my characterization of Xavier cames from his run: a flawed character, Xavier was but never bad.

But no character was morally perfect then anyway…
    Xavier is not bad but he does bad things. He is not a villain but he is not a paragon of virtue either.

I mean, everything about Xavier with Gabrielle Heller is pretty messed up and Claremont didn't seem to realize it. Or at least, the narrative doesn't seem to condemn Xavier's actions as much. Telepathy by its very nature is a power that is difficult to write without falling into dodgy moral trouble.

Astonishing Member

When you say that, do you mean by 60s standards or by modern standards?

Xavier is not bad but he does bad things. He is not a villain but he is not a paragon of virtue either.

I mean, everything about Xavier with Gabrielle Heller is pretty messed up and Claremont didn't seem to realize it. Or at least, the narrative doesn't seem to condemn Xavier's actions as much. Telepathy by its very nature is a power that is difficult to write without falling into dodgy moral trouble.
    On the moment, it was certainly the case. It was written like a fine romance.

Then later there was an episode with a “flashback” in which he talked about it with Erik Lehnsherr and he had his “agreement“.

And then much later, there was an episode when he had a “forgiveness” from a Gabrielle-in-his-subconscious.

There was a will from Claremont to “redeem” Xavier… But then, he tends to do that with all his characters.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    "Justice delayed is justice denied." I'll think about forgiving Scott when Marvel stops trying to justify his behavior by demonizing Maddie. If they bring her back again, please let it be for redemption.
    Very late response, but I feel this. I wouldn't care so much if Maddie's character hadn't gotten dragged through the mud so that Scott and Jean could be together again. I don't even care about punishing Scott at this point, but let Maddie have the redemption she deserves.

I mean, if on one side of the balance we put "Bad husband" and on the other "Try to destroy the Earth", it is not an equal conflict. Maddie even raped Scott.

At this point, anything bad Scott has done is insignificant to Maddie's revenge.

I mean, if on one side of the balance we put "Bad husband" and on the other "Try to destroy the Earth", it is not an equal conflict. Maddie even raped Scott.

At this point, anything bad Scott has done is insignificant to Maddie's revenge.
    How the hell did she rape him?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How the hell did she rape him?
    In Fraction's run, she used her powers to make him think she was Emma and got him to have mind sex with her. Some may not consider it rape bc it happened all in his head but she did manipulate him

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While emotional and mental manipulation is bad, it really shouldn't be equated to actual rape.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!