Page 431 of 668 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 10013

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Cyclops never did anything to the Inhumans. They killed him, not the other way around

Debatable. Cyclops isnt really a central figure in the current era. He hasnt really factored in any signicant capacity to the overall narrative. Hickman's writing for him has been bland and he is merely just there doing cameos
    No wonder I like the Inhumans then. It's no surprise to me that a lot of the hatred for the Inhumans wasn't even directed at Black Bolt, but Medusa. Similarly to how Wanda and Carol get so much undue hate around here.

The main characters might be Xavier, Magneto, and Moira, but Hickman's pet characters (I nearly called him Fraction lol) are Cyke and the fake blonde and that's holding true here because of how prominently he's placed them.

Cyclops was DEAD. He was not present at all during the IvX era. Emma killing the Inhumans in that story was on her own free will; not bc she was taking orders from him. He'd been dead for a whole year by that point
    I vaguely remember she did it because after he died, she was convinced he was still alive in her mind and telling her what to do, which inspired her actions with the Inhumans. And at one point she kidnapped Teen Cyke as well and tried to sexually or psychically assault him since she was convinced this was the adult Cyke in her mind alive in the flesh. Regardless, I consider her to be as much of a terrorist and vile villain as he is since she enabled all his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Wasn't she doing it on his orders or she was psychically imagining him or something like that? I don't remember now if he was technically already dead when she did that. But she's basically guilty for everything that he's done since she was his flunky and "yes man" and part of his rapid decline. Her character was also given heavy prominence because the same writers and fans who enable those writers who live vicariously through Cyclops could now see themselves with a fake blonde barbie doll and that basically clinched the deal for them that Cyke was the guy to be. Even at the expense of all the other X-Women who were basically relegated to background roles during this time. There's a reason characters like Rogue or Psylocke were only able to keep starring roles by leading other books such as X-Men Legacy and UXF.

I've always felt Remender was Claremont's spiritual successor in terms of writing. Very sad that he refused to write the current X-Men, since not only did we lose him, we got Hickman instead. Yuck. And besides giving Jean a prominent role, I was very interested in seeing him write Storm since he really never got the chance to do much with her.
    He was already dead when Emma did it, he just said that he wanted her to continue the fight for mutant survival. He didn't said for her commit mass murder, that is on her.

Well Remender was going to do the run just after Bendis left, probably wouldnt have a lot of freedom and budget so he prefered do his creator owned comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    He was already dead when Emma did it, he just said that he wanted her to continue the fight for mutant survival. He didn't said for her commit mass murder, that is on her.

Well Remender was going to do the run just after Bendis left, probably wouldnt have a lot of freedom and budget so he prefered do his creator owned comics.
    Ah, I see. Never liked that character anyway so not surprised what she did. I wasn't really interested in that time period why Cyclops was dead, so long as he stayed dead lol.

I know Remender tweeted that the reason he turned down the offer to work on the X-Books was because of the editorially mandated IvX event which he refused to do.

Wasn't she doing it on his orders or she was psychically imagining him or something like that? I don't remember now if he was technically already dead when she did that. But she's basically guilty for everything that he's done since she was his flunky and "yes man" and part of his rapid decline. Her character was also given heavy prominence because the same writers and fans who enable those writers who live vicariously through Cyclops could now see themselves with a fake blonde barbie doll and that basically clinched the deal for them that Cyke was the guy to be. Even at the expense of all the other X-Women who were basically relegated to background roles during this time. There's a reason characters like Rogue or Psylocke were only able to keep starring roles by leading other books such as X-Men Legacy and UXF.

I've always felt Remender was Claremont's spiritual successor in terms of writing. Very sad that he refused to write the current X-Men, since not only did we lose him, we got Hickman instead. Yuck. And besides giving Jean a prominent role, I was very interested in seeing him write Storm since he really never got the chance to do much with her.

I'm pretty sure Storm was supposed to be in his Uncanny Avengers and I truly don't know why Marvel stopped him cause they were not doing anything of note with her.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 02-22-2021 at 04:52 PM.

No wonder I like the Inhumans then. It's no surprise to me that a lot of the hatred for the Inhumans wasn't even directed at Black Bolt, but Medusa. Similarly to how Wanda and Carol get so much undue hate around here.
    The main characters might be Xavier, Magneto, and Moira, but Hickman's pet characters (I nearly called him Fraction lol) are Cyke and the fake blonde and that's holding true here because of how prominently he's placed them.To be fair, Medusa was the face of the Inhumans during this era. Black Bolt had taken a backseat. She was the one leading and she was the one that let the cloud persist, killing mutants in the process

I vaguely remember she did it because after he died, she was convinced he was still alive in her mind and telling her what to do, which inspired her actions with the Inhumans. And at one point she kidnapped Teen Cyke as well and tried to sexually or psychically assault him since she was convinced this was the adult Cyke in her mind alive in the flesh. Regardless, I consider her to be as much of a terrorist and vile villain as he is since she enabled all his actions.

Nah, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm pretty sure Storm was supposed to be in his Uncanny Avengers and I truly don't know why Marvel stopped him cause they were not doing anything of note with her.
    I always thought it was really bizarre that she was not in UA. Besides the fact that she had just joined the Avengers before AvX and quickly defected to the Avengers side during AvX, she seemed like a natural choice because she's one of the few X-Men with greater Marvel connections. The only thing I can think is that they felt Storm might be redundant with Thor around and Thor was necessary for plot purposes. It was a missed opportunity though and I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel restricted him from using Storm since they haven't done anything major with her for years now.

I always thought it was really bizarre that she was not in UA. Besides the fact that she had just joined the Avengers before AvX and quickly defected to the Avengers side during AvX, she seemed like a natural choice because she's one of the few X-Men with greater Marvel connections. The only thing I can think is that they felt Storm might be redundant with Thor around and Thor was necessary for plot purposes. It was a missed opportunity though and I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel restricted him from using Storm since they haven't done anything major with her for years now.
    Aaron probably got dibs on the character.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Disasembled lasted all of 3 months. There was 3 years worth of stories without Cyclops so he cant be blamed for the hot mess that it was in his absence
    The fans that wanted Wolverine and Cyclops out of the X-men got their wish for around 4 years from 2014-2018, and what a beautiful era that was. So many classics and unforgettable stories.

Cyclops reminds me of Luke Skywalker where a lot of people (particularly nerds which isn't a term I'm using as a pejorative) grew up envisioning themselves as him so they live vicariously through him now. And any attempts to depict either character as flawed is viewed as a personal attack against these fans since they can't separate reality from fantasy and have invested so much of their own identity in these fictional characters. Meanwhile the traditional "cool" characters like Wolverine and Han Solo, who the general pubic fell for, are demonized by these fans because they feel themselves rejected since they don't identify with them or feel they can't be like them. The major push Cyclops has gotten in the past few decades as the X-Men's figurehead is an indication of that and displays an unwillingness for typically straight, white male writers to expand beyond their own POV, which is why Storm's character has basically been sidelined since Claremont left..
    Says the guy who openly admits he hates a comic book character, to the point you were just blaming for something that happened while dead. And yes, anyone that hates a fictional character is not right in the head.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The fans that wanted Wolverine and Cyclops out of the X-men got their wish for around 4 years from 2014-2018, and what a beautiful era that was. So many classics and unforgettable stories.

Says the guy who openly admits he hates a comic book character, to the point you were just blaming for something that happened while dead. And yes, anyone that hates a fictional character is not right in the head.
    We still had Old Man Logan and Teen Cyclops though.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    We still had Old Man Logan and Teen Cyclops though.
    True, but not only they were not the same characters, but they didn't had any sort of big role in the franchise. Teen Cyclops particularly was very clearly Cyclops at all, and spent a long time saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    As if they being dead was the reason for some bad comics. If they inested how they are doing now we wcould had a lot more good comics

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    As if they being dead was the reason for some bad comics. If they inested how they are doing now we wcould had a lot more good comics
    I just think you proved the point Omega Alpha was trying to make. The quality of the books doesn’t actually have anything to do with whether Logan and Scott are alive or not, but about the resources that the X-office has and the overall creative vision.

I just think you proved the point Omega Alpha was trying to make. The quality of the books doesn’t actually have anything to do with whether Logan and Scott are alive or not, but about the resources that the X-office has and the overall creative vision.

Is it? Because I read it as here wasn't any good comic because Scott nd Wolverine were dead.

Anyway it was great to see other chaarcters step up, even if the execution was flawed

My hot take. Despite Marvel's attempts to demonize Scott, the reason why some fans were endeared to him was bc he was relatable and owned his sh-t. He wasnt a saint and did some messed up things but he's a character that has been able to have the self awareness to acknowledge that and even apologize. He's even been able to see the error of his ways and reflect on them. He saw the things he did as necessary for the time and never acted holier than thou like he was better than anyone else. I think that right there made him better than the likes of Logan and Beast bc their hypocrisy dripped off their shoulders and they judged and looked down on others for stuff that they would (and have done). Scott took accountability for his actions in a way that they never did.