Page 45 of 668 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145545 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Mine:

Most X-Men these days are real jerks to non-mutants unless they get regularly exposed to them.

Magik is a villain in the waiting.

Emma would like nothing more than having Storm under her thumb in HFC.

Young Jean probably made Iceman gay via TP and doesn't even realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Why should the supermarket (or gas station, drugstore, etc.) give shelf space to a flimsy, incomplete chapter of a story at $4 when it can give the same space to a more expensive, self-contained magazine or paperback book? That's not even getting into the gimmicks that come with trying to order comics or headaches about content. This a big part of why the Archie (and now Archie/Marvel) digests work for the check-out line, but single issues are rarely seen outside of the DM.
    That makes sense.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    The target audience for comics is always the 13-15 year-old. Marvel figures us old poots will just die off. They haven't realized yet that the coveted 13-15 year-old market has a lot more entertainment options than "funny-books". So they're selling 'waaaay fewer books, jacking up the prices-->which decreases the number of books sold-->onto the vicious cycle again and again. Marvel and DC would have been circling the drain years ago if they hadn't been bought out by these super-deep-pocketed corporations that can afford them financially.
    They know all about this. They just don't care. Their doing whatever they want and if sales continue to suck, so be it. It's mindboggling. What's really concerning is that us "older" readers are funding this. Well, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Good question but sort of beyond scope of this thread I suppose. There are always some folks whenever a TV series or film comes out who ask "Where to start reading" since they get curious about the comics. So those other media probably do help comics get some more readers I guess. I worry all the negativity so many readers express about the current line turns new fans away and they just assume "I guess comics suck now no point in reading" you know?
    There's a reason for the negativity. It's not everywhere but marvelsuck has infected the x-line beyond the point of enjoyment for me personally. I'm not going to lie to anyone and say, you should be reading x-books, because I don't believe this path should be supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The atmosphere of a comicbook store can be daunting for new readers too. When I first started I was pretty nervous to enter my local comicbook store (which isn't very local) .

Why are comics only distributed in such niche places? It would be great if I could pick up the latest issue at my local supermarket or something.
    We'll you can get them online if you really don't like your local shop. For me I enjoy the experience. Generally everyone I meet is pretty good to deal with. I often get recommendations for something I don't normally read that ends up being worth my time. Also there's only so many places (outside of this board) where I can wax nastalgic about old storylines or characters with people who actually understand what I'm talking about. Maybe try another shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Why should the supermarket (or gas station, drugstore, etc.) give shelf space to a flimsy, incomplete chapter of a story at $4 when it can give the same space to a more expensive, self-contained magazine or paperback book? That's not even getting into the gimmicks that come with trying to order comics or headaches about content. This a big part of why the Archie (and now Archie/Marvel) digests work for the check-out line, but single issues are rarely seen outside of the DM.
    Supermarkets and convenience stores are why comics used to sell 200K copies. Marvel pushed themselves out of this market with their publishing practices as you point out. I don't think it's a matter of poeple preferring novels or magazines.

I wish that they did a follow up on this.
    images (4)_1.jpg

BANNED

Yeah, they need to -- follow up with the reason why Rogue didn't absorb Peter's mind and powers -- especially, when she's done so in the past...

Quote Originally Posted by WalterO5james View Post
    I wish that they did a follow up on this.
    images (4)_1.jpg
    What issue is this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leoseek View Post
    What issue is this?
    X-men vol 2(1991) issue 100

Not sure if it's unpopular but Cal Dodd nailed Wolverine and his voice is the definite one in my book. Jackman was too much of a typical Hollywood leading man, which maybe worked in the context of the movies but was far away from how I imagined Logan to be. EVO version was too neutered and WatX was too different and ultimately bland and on top of that Blum's performance was underwhelming.

It's adamantium tasting time boys! is forever my favorite Wolverine's quote.

Here's one:

Logan/Jean/Scott love triangle is worse than Jacob/Bella/Edward love triangle.

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Here's one:

Logan/Jean/Scott love triangle is worse than Jacob/Bella/Edward love triangle.
    It was only a love triangle in the movies and 90's cartoon version.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorian_Soul View Post
    It was only a love triangle in the movies and 90's cartoon version.
    Is that why Logan has a flock of Jean's hair and so many alternate universe and what if? stories have Logan and Jean together? Is that why Logan and Scott suddenly start fighting over Jean?
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 08-29-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Is that why Logan has a flock of Jean's hair and so many alternate universe and what if? stories have Logan and Jean together? Is that why Logan and Scott suddenly start fighting over Jean?
    never saw the two fighting over her. Aus are Aus and wolverine never posed a threat to the marriage.

now emma/scott/jean is a stuff of nightmares

Incredible Member Victorian_Soul's Avatar

Is that why Logan has a flock of Jean's hair, Emma was insecure of a corpse and so many alternate universe and what if? stories have Logan and Jean together?
    Hey it use to be that Logan understood that Jean loved Scott and he excepted that. The triangle was mostly in alternative universes like the Ultimate X-Men, or even AoA. But writers nowadays act like Jean constantly slept with both of them. Logan with a flock of her hair is weird and more obsessive then loving and the writers messed up with that one. Alternate universes are a way for writers to remake the canon so it they want then of course they'll make Jean and Logan a thing. Also it's Emma anything with Jean in it makes her insecure.

Not sure where else to put this but it demands some attention: Zachary Jenkins of the Xavier Files has compiled a concise but thorough list sorting out which X-Men vape.

Not sure how unpopular or controversial the picks will be - they seem pretty well-reasoned IMO - but they are definitely opinions so have at them.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

The X-men have been turned on their heads and now represent a small group that is seen as what mutants represent. Not a bad idea,but the X-verse seems to think that putting a x-character on a team assumes the rest of the world is fine with it.

This causes to the situation with mutants being more clouded.
    I think a balance approach could more define the X-men role in the Marvel U.

I do think if the majority of mutants that are not C-list X-men should have powers that provide more of a impact to changing their lives and others around them.Also having mutants that have caused the suffering of others.

My stance is that only certain mutants that have controll over their powers or are trained into it by other factions could breathe new life in X-men stories Aswell as deciding what route characters take.
    I would also like to see more mutants having to deal with everyday life issues,and how they relate to X-men situations.
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 08-29-2017 at 07:30 PM.