Page 455 of 657 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459465505555 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 9846
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Why the push to make Kitty gay/bi...we see by her romantic history she loves Peters....
    Then she’s going for Petra next.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    No push. She IS Bi.
    We SEE her romantic history, and thus, Kitty is bi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I swear people don’t know what bi means. Kitty also being into women by no means erases her previous hetero relationships. Also they haven’t shown any interest in each other for a while which makes sense considering their failed wedding.
    And the joke flew right over your heads....

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Then she’s going for Petra next.
    thank you for getting it...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Kind of tired of everthing being being seen as a "nazi " just because you want to paint other people argument as "evil" I think it reduces in a crass way the danger of nazi belief when used as a cheap shot to attack fictional characters.

The mutants on Krakoa so far had been:

Selling medicine that can cure almost anything for the wolrd at large.
    Taken in refugees under the King in black crisis
    Given their population the ressurection protocol as well as an all around better healthcare.
    Founded an hospital where mutant powers can be used for the benefit of both human and mutants on Madripoor.

If every country that uses strong laws to keep their borders can be considered a Nazi regimen, then almost if not all countries in the world would enter on this category. All of them have laws that benefit the presence of their own citizens and have a series of requeriments for foreing people when they want to stay or live there, ones more strict than others.

Also the mutants bassically founded Krakoa after a period of worldwide persecution, somehow thinking of them as nazis just because they want to have a place of their own to call home is just wrong and false.

Do I agree with everything they have done and are the most virtous people ever? NO but calling them nazis just because they want to have their own place to live and be happy seems like a stretch of epic proportions.
    I don't know if your response is to me or the person I was responding to.I am not calling Krakoans Nazis, they are entitled to an identity ,culture and looking out for their interests.I just think likening them to Hitler in terms of his Eugenics programme to cull the mentally, disabled or infirm doesn't apply to Krakoa because they have technology that if humans had would not need to go to Nazi extremes that Hitler did.Having said that with the world weaponising any obvious technological edge it would be naive to think Krakoa with the mentality of some of its leadership wouldn't borrow nazi vices and megalomania

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The whole free love/ poly angle really seems like it’s just for show and like it’s not something many of the writers can or want to explore. I’m convinced Hickman put it in there so he wouldn’t have to deal with the Jean/ Scott/ Logan/ Emma love square.
    Pretty much this. Nobody wants to read more of those tired, played out scenarios.
    This is not Claremont's X-soap Opera shenanigans where relationship melodrama was the order of the day. (And thank the Goddess for such mercies). They're all adults, making adult decisions, doing adult things. There's no need really for in-depth analysis and exploration.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Pretty much this. Nobody wants to read more of those tired, played out scenarios.
    This is not Claremont's X-soap Opera shenanigans where relationship melodrama was the order of the day. (And thank the Goddess for such mercies). They're all adults, making adult decisions, doing adult things. There's no need really for in-depth analysis and exploration.
    Relationship melodrama? You mean the usual stuff in our lives? I don’t think that anyone can do it better than Claremont, anyway… So, why a repetition?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Relationship melodrama? You mean the usual stuff in our lives? I don’t think that anyone can do it better than Claremont, anyway… So, why a repetition?
    I can only speak for myself but...I've never once slept with or fallen in love with and married the clone of my dead one-true-love only to dump her and marry the original (who wasn't really dead-dead) just to sleep with my therapist who happens to be her arch nemesis. Nor have I ever slept with any of my step siblings before knowing they were my step-sibling. All my ex-boyfriends have had different names. My life is delightfully free of such dramas

I agree with Claremont doing it better. That's why no one is really doing anything in such depth with these characters, now. It's just not a priority as it was in the 80's and 90's. Scott and Jean are in open relationships with each other and Emma and Logan respectively...that's it. That's about as far as the melodrama goes. Rogue is happily married to Gambit. Jean-Paul is with Kyle and All the single people are being just that, single and having fun.
    Simple, easy and soap-opera free. Which leaves for time and effort for the real nation-building/protecting stuff.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-04-2021 at 11:41 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I for one, live for the melodrama, characters showing their emotions on display, lovers clashing over arguments, going out on town, strip club, pub, friends having conversation about joie de vivre etc when it comes to X-Men. It's the soul of the X-Men.

This nation building of is soulless.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I like drama, not really from the romance because I have never been a big shipper but I miss the talks and understanding and the emotional journey of the characters while I am liking some of the nation building, I could do with a little more of the character moments.

I love all the characters of the teams but I get a sense some of them are being underused while other characters are overused. I enjoy reading about Emma and Kitty but I would lie if I didn´t wish to see a little more of what Bishop, Storm, Bobby think of this big change in their lives. I am enjoying reading about Betsy and Psycloke a lot but I miss the story of Rogue, Jubilee, Gambit, etc.

Ironically I think hellions is one of the best balanced books in terms of character use, most of the team get their character and action moments and the fact it´s a team of mostly former and unsteable villains doesn´t stop me from liking the book but I see the point of some fans that we would like to see a little more of the traditional X-men giving their pov on things.

So I hope Hickman, now that he´s done with his worldbuilding, can get to character development for Jean, Scott and all those members who will become X-men now.

As a Magneto fan, this era has been very good for the character, I hope,when/if he stops showing off in other books, Ewing gets to keep him, that would be great otherwise he would just be there for cameos and I also would like to see him getting a storyline of his own in this era.

I also miss a lot Charles, he and Moira built something very big and new but they have dissapeared, so I hope Way of X gives us not only Nightcrawler but Charles pov.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-04-2021 at 07:40 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

So I think part of my problem - and honestly, why I lost interest in the X-Men again during all of this...

With all of them happy, not really a lot of drama happening between them - they feel like cardboard cut outs.

I am reading Northstar being the calm, civil one? Wait? What?

Yes. I get it. People change.

By clashing dynamics establishes personality. Claremont was good for this - he showed people with fantastic powers having the same problems you and I do (fights with friends, laughter with friends, hanging out at bars, going to strip malls, playing baseball together, etc).

Right now, everyone reads the same.

They just have different super powers.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    So I think part of my problem - and honestly, why I lost interest in the X-Men again during all of this...

With all of them happy, not really a lot of drama happening between them - they feel like cardboard cut outs.

By clashing dynamics establishes personality. Claremont was good for this - he showed people with fantastic powers having the same problems you and I do (fights with friends, laughter with friends, hanging out at bars, going to strip malls, playing baseball together, etc).

Politely...

This simply is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely...

This simply is not the case.
    Granted - this is art. Everyone has their different views.

I am, undoubtedly, much older than you are. I grew up with 70s and 80s and into the 90s X-Men.

What I am reading (or read, as I dropped my collecting anymore - other than one offs) - doesn't even feel like different characters to me.

Everyone feels and reads the same. Cyclops and Wolverine feel the same. Cyclops and Northstar feel the same. Apocalypse and Sinister feel the same.

That's my opinion, and may be no one else's, for sure.

If that wasn't clear.

Granted - this is art. Everyone has their different views.

I am, undoubtedly, much older than you are.
    I grew up with 70s and 80s and into the 90s X-Men.

What I am reading (or read, as I dropped my collecting anymore - other than one offs) - doesn't even feel like different characters to me.

Everyone feels and reads the same. Cyclops and Wolverine feel the same. Cyclops and Northstar feel the same. Apocalypse and Sinister feel the same.

That's my opinion, and may be no one else's, for sure.

If that wasn't clear.
    Honestly?

I tend to doubt that it's "Much..."

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly?

I tend to doubt that it's "Much..."
    OK - because, as I said, I was reading UXM (and Marvel in general) in the 70s.

I just feel much older than everyone these days!

Remember when you could sit on the floor and stand right up? Now it requires a crane, six witches, the blood of an innocent, and 30 candles to complete the ritual for these old bones to move!

I don’t really think everyone is happy. New Mutants, X-Factor, and Hellions delve into the casts’ previous trauma on a regular basis. X-Force has also done that with Domino and Colossus.

I do agree we could see more clashing dynamics.

Astonishing Member

Personally if we take the status quo as informing mutants self awareness and behaviour, then the simplest and most logical reason for this is they are immortal and so they are no longer petty or irritable over the petty stuff.The only one who flies in the face of this logic is Wolverine ,who instead of being chill is the most aggressive and prickly of the lot ,but I guess he is the outlier coz , he's 'damaged/scarred' like that.Which is one of my own criticisms of his character.I'd prefer a more laid back , unphased Logan a lot more considering what he has seen and gone through.

Having said that maybe the writers instead of making everything close to perfect like with Synch could explore the other end of the spectrum, mutants being resurrected with a different adjustment to their powers or memories, kind of coz they skipped a lot of their maturation process, but I guess that would only come later as the number of resurrection cycles stack up per character. There is certainly room to explore that