Page 457 of 668 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 10012

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm sorry, but when you're literally erasing and ignoring the events that DEFINE THE CHARACTER'S IDENTITY it absolutely DOES matter.
    Nothing is being erased about Jay bc he isnt being featured. They havent done anything to contradict or retcon his past.

I general agree with some of the points. I don't even think that is the case this time, Cannonball is not in a book, Paige is not in a book, Melody is not a in book, Other Prodigy no New X-men are in a book. The character being D-list doesn't matter in this case rather than who is around for that to put in as interesting part of plot. Unless a writer found Jay's story interesting as plot point by itself, why it even show up? It doesn't matter to story being told because it doesn't matter to any of characters around.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-15-2021 at 09:22 PM.

I definitely understand the frustration. Wasn't overly thrilled to see how writers handled Adam-X when they decided to use him out of the blue.
    Contradicts everything Fabian had set up and done. But he was a niche character. Not a main. Similar to Jay.

The thing is - comic book time line is funny. We've not seen Jay for a long time. The issue and points you addressed may have already been handled off panel.

It's a crappy way to look at it, but if you like the character, sometimes you gotta be thankful just to see them remembered and used.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I think Kitty/Kate Pryde is a great character and if people dislike her she seriously isn't written for you. She is great representation and honestly let little girls have someone that looks like them. Sorry you don't want to date Kate Pryde she's simply not for you or that reason. If people hate her for being annoying then they don't understand. sorry a character wasn't written to be a sex god.

Quote Originally Posted by irlkittypryde View Post
    I think Kitty/Kate Pryde is a great character and if people dislike her she seriously isn't written for you. She is great representation and honestly let little girls have someone that looks like them. Sorry you don't want to date Kate Pryde she's simply not for you or that reason. If people hate her for being annoying then they don't understand. sorry a character wasn't written to be a sex god.
    I dont think most people are wanting/fantasizing about having sex with Kitty

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It's the internet. There's almost certainly a large group of people out there fantasizing about having sex with Kitty even as I type this.

We need a Jay and Dust reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The whole free love/ poly angle really seems like it’s just for show and like it’s not something many of the writers can or want to explore. I’m convinced Hickman put it in there so he wouldn’t have to deal with the Jean/ Scott/ Logan/ Emma love square.
    This. Nobody is touching it. They don’t want it canon. Which it isn’t. Nothing has been shown on page that an open poly thing is going on. We see Jean kissing Wolverine in a hot tub while she’s married to Scott.

Hell, we’ve seen more than that in X-tinction Agenda. Lol. So nothing is being done that hasn’t been done before.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I think the poster is saying , well apologizing rather sarcastically, for Kitty not being a sex god and for not living up to peoples expectations and that she annoys people but that accept that others need her and look up to her despite that fact. That means the poster meant the opposite I think, or maybe I got it wrong.

Sadly though, Kitty seemed to be a big wish for some - young girl interested in older men.

Joss Whedon probably did. He made Colossus do it and then she was entraped in a giant metal fallus object just bc

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    This. Nobody is touching it. They don’t want it canon. Which it isn’t. Nothing has been shown on page that an open poly thing is going on. We see Jean kissing Wolverine in a hot tub while she’s married to Scott.

Hell, we’ve seen more than that in X-tinction Agenda. Lol. So nothing is being done that hasn’t been done before.
    Polyamorous X-Force 18 is gonna break your heart. Don't read it.

Yeah not most people. But definitely a group of people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post

Well I wouldn’t say nothing it’s definitely very limited, but no one is writing as if they’re cheating or hiding it, so it’s definitely open. They just can’t (or won’t) explore it beyond that angle.

Jean should have stayed dead after the Dark Phoenix Saga. She's one of my favorite fictional characters and was the whole reason I even got into comic books to begin with. But even all the cool stuff she did in the 90's wasn't worth the years of retconning they did to her character. Retconning her and Phoenix as separate entities was one of the worse comic book retcons.

Chris Clermont apposed it for years and tried several work-arounds to show they were the same character, but Marvel just keeps spitting on it every time they have a Phoenix storyline. Now everyone is burnt out on the Phoenix...should have just let her stay dead Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Well I wouldn’t say nothing it’s definitely very limited, but no one is writing as if they’re cheating or hiding it, so it’s definitely open. They just can’t (or won’t) explore it beyond that angle.
    Maybe it isn't happening? there isnt clear evidence that everyone know what is going on.

I really hate that the fandom presses everyone to accept half stories, bad characterization, things that aren't clear that are happening.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Jean should have stayed dead after the Dark Phoenix Saga. She's one of my favorite fictional characters and was the whole reason I even got into comic books to begin with. But even all the cool stuff she did in the 90's wasn't worth the years of retconning they did to her character. Retconning her and Phoenix as separate entities was one of the worse comic book retcons.

Chris Clermont apposed it for years and tried several work-arounds to show they were the same character, but Marvel just keeps spitting on it every time they have a Phoenix storyline. Now everyone is burnt out on the Phoenix...should have just let her stay dead Marvel.
    Jean being dead wouldn't solve the Phoenix problem. Most of Phoenix stories happened after she was dead the second time.

I could even say that being dead is better than being written by Percy and Hickman, but I huger for new stories with Jean. Her journey continues incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by irlkittypryde View Post
    Yeah not most people. But definitely a group of people do.
    And we know very well people on that group ahaha
    Last edited by Rang10; 03-25-2021 at 09:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by zvrk View Post
    Joss Whedon probably did. He made Colossus do it and then she was entraped in a giant metal fallus object just bc

Polyamorous X-Force 18 is gonna break your heart. Don't read it.
    Lol , but I don't think so, when she walked away from him at the Xmen Gold wedding.I was like wtf was that about? Most contrived breakup and it's weird they took it all the way to the wedding ceremony to pull an 'I dont'.Though looking back it was probably the best thing to happen to Collosus.Cant imagine how bad(or worse) his stories would be as a married guy