Page 458 of 669 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 10029

Quote Originally Posted by irlkittypryde View Post
    I think Kitty/Kate Pryde is a great character and if people dislike her she seriously isn't written for you. She is great representation and honestly let little girls have someone that looks like them. Sorry you don't want to date Kate Pryde she's simply not for you or that reason. If people hate her for being annoying then they don't understand. sorry a character wasn't written to be a sex god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Lol , but I don't think so, when she walked away from him at the Xmen Gold wedding.I was like wtf was that about? Most contrived breakup and it's weird they took it all the way to the wedding ceremony to pull an 'I dont'.Though looking back it was probably the best thing to happen to Collosus.Cant imagine how bad(or worse) his stories would be as a married guy
    It was probably best for BOTH of them honestly. They just don't work as married characters imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Maybe it isn't happening? there isnt clear evidence that everyone know what is going on.

I really hate that the fandom presses everyone to accept half stories, bad characterization, things that aren't clear that are happening.
    Definitely not advocating for half stories and would much rather it be fully explored or not present at all! I just go with it because the only other option is that they’re all active cheaters and liars, which in my opinion is worse than a half-baked open relationship. Plus I think them all cheating would lead to more inconsistencies, because they all seem genuinely happy around each other. That’s not really the temperament of people hiding an affair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Definitely not advocating for half stories and would much rather it be fully explored or not present at all! I just go with it because the only other option is that they’re all active cheaters and liars, which in my opinion is worse than a half-baked open relationship. Plus I think them all cheating would lead to more inconsistencies, because they all seem genuinely happy around each other. That’s not really the temperament of people hiding an affair.
    I stopped caring about characterizaion on Hickman era, it is not like there wasn't cheating involved before so whatever.

The way it is presented it gives people free reign to think for theirselves, that is why they never really explore it. So people pressing others to accept it is very wrong

Jean being dead wouldn't solve the Phoenix problem. Most of Phoenix stories happened after she was dead the second time.

I could even say that being dead is better than being written by Percy and Hickman, but I huger for new stories with Jean. Her journey continues incomplete
    bc it was already established that the PF was a seperate cosmic entity that could possess others. The precedence for that was set when she was resurrected and they were retconned into being different characters. Originally Phoenix was just an evolution of Jean's powers. Had that stuck, the likelihood that what we are seeing now happen, would be low or non-existent

I stopped caring about characterizaion on Hickman era, it is not like there wasn't cheating involved before so whatever.

The way it is presented it gives people free reign to think for theirselves, that is why they never really explore it. So people pressing others to accept it is very wrong
    Yeah but that cheating happened after both Jean and Scott were shown to be unhappy in their current situation.

Regardless, I get what you mean and won’t press.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    bc it was already established that the PF was a seperate cosmic entity that could possess others. The precedence for that was set when she was resurrected and they were retconned into being different characters. Originally Phoenix was just an evolution of Jean's powers. Had that stuck, the likelihood that what we are seeing now happen, would be low or non-existent
    They could always retcon it later, there is no guarantees that nobody would use it again. It's the most iconic X-men story

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    This. Nobody is touching it. They don’t want it canon. Which it isn’t. Nothing has been shown on page that an open poly thing is going on. We see Jean kissing Wolverine in a hot tub while she’s married to Scott.

Hell, we’ve seen more than that in X-tinction Agenda. Lol. So nothing is being done that hasn’t been done before.
    Yeah, they want to let it open. There is a interview with the chief editor that he said that every shipper would be right. it is almost like a choose your own adventure
    Good chaarcterization already flew out of the window since Hickman took over. i'm just waiting for someone clear the mess

They could always retcon it later, there is no guarantees that nobody would use it again. It's the most iconic X-men story
    Its not currently being used as an homage to the most iconic X-men story. An homage could have been done with Rachel. The fact that it was made a seperate cosmic entity from Jean opened the door for said entity to theoretically be able to possess anyone

I think Kitty/Kate Pryde is a great character and if people dislike her she seriously isn't written for you. She is great representation and honestly let little girls have someone that looks like them. Sorry you don't want to date Kate Pryde she's simply not for you or that reason. If people hate her for being annoying then they don't understand. sorry a character wasn't written to be a sex god.
    Yeah not most people. But definitely a group of people do.
    She's not written for me but i do think you have a point about people wanting to sleep with her. I think some writers have been open about having a crush on Kitty.

My own unpopular opinion is that people have a far more unhealthy relationship with Rogue's sex life. Some of the posts that happened around Carey's run were kind of disturbing.

Its not currently being used as an homage to the most iconic X-men story. An homage could have been done with Rachel. The fact that it was made a seperate cosmic entity from Jean opened the door for said entity to theoretically be able to possess anyone
    It certainly is over in Avengers. *hard eye roll*

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    It certainly is over in Avengers. *hard eye roll*
    How is it being used as an homage to the DPS? The Avengers storyline is more akin to Contest of Champions than anything

Thank god there isn't homages to dark phoenix haha they already lost the point of Phoenix. It was about time someone would retcon it as separate if x-writers never did ithe reton theirselves

How is it being used as an homage to the DPS? The Avengers storyline is more akin to Contest of Champions than anything
    It's not being used as an homage to DPS thank goodness. But just the continued use of Phoenix has gotten ride of anything specials about it, and has made Jean look worse. Why can anyone suddenly become Phoenix? The whole point of DPS was that even a person with a moral compass as good as Jean couldn't wield it and now Wolverine can for some reason...

Wolverine is somehow less morally problematic than Jean? Talk about making Jean look bad as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    It's not being used as an homage to DPS thank goodness. But just the continued use of Phoenix has gotten ride of anything specials about it, and has made Jean look worse. Why can anyone suddenly become Phoenix? The whole point of DPS was that even a person with a moral compass as good as Jean couldn't wield it and now Wolverine can for some reason...

Wolverine is somehow less morally problematic than Jean? Talk about making Jean look bad as a character.
    Jean did fine until Mastermind started manipulating her and basically sexually assaulted her

Jean did fine until Mastermind started manipulating her and basically sexually assaulted her
    FACTS.

10Char

BANNED

SHHH! This is Marvel. Don’t bring your Continuity in here.