Page 461 of 668 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511561 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 10015
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm really surprised they haven't shown any of that 8-month gap. I feel like when HOX/POX first came out they made it seem like we would eventually see flashbacks.

I slightly disagree when it comes to their relationship with humans. If they really didn't care then they wouldn't have one of their first laws made to protect them or an entire team dedicated to getting the life saving drugs to people safely. I also get why they would move to paradise island cause they were pretty isolated in that mansion anyways.
    Ehhh having the X-Men not murder humans is a pretty low bar. And since, well, X-Force, it hasn't really stuck anyways

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Justice? You mean the Wannabe Avenger?
    The guy who has had a long history in the Marvel Universe. From manifesting his mutant abilities, to running away from an abusive home and hanging out on the road with the Thing, to helping form the New Warriors, to killing his own father in self defense and going to prison where even though he was a mutant he was treated with respect by the guards and the Warden, to becoming an Avenger, and on and on...

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Genosha and Madripoor had a mixed population of humans and mutants, Krakoa is the first time they really tried to do a country on earth composed of a mutant population and thereīs a reason why this makes sense at this point of the story.

The year after X-man took most of the X-men to his own reality mutants around the world were attacked or send to prisoner camps, when you have a population that big being attacked simultaneously you either try to do what you used to do or try something new to take care of that need, you could say Krakoa is the answer to that situation and the population of mutants are from around the world, so it would make sense for them to come from different races, cultures, languages and traditions and their presence is not mandatory, any mutant can stay at their country of birth if they choose so or want to . Even in the real world there are different examples in which extreme persecution leads to a singular group of people to look to form their own country, whatīs new is that this has not been tried in comics they way itīs been done now by Hickman, we usually meet the already formed countries like Wakanda, Atlantis or Attilan, we didnīt see this process happening and I think itīs also adding a lot of opportunities for new stories.

I actually think it makes sense for other mutants to want to stay at their home country, after all you can assume they already have their life made on them, like Pete Wisdom or Justice but this situation doesnīt change the fact Krakoa is also an alternative for mutants that really wish or need to go somewhere else to life a peaceful live without being persecuted. Neither would be wrong for their decision.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-28-2021 at 02:53 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'm not saying the creation of a mutant safe haven doesn't make sense, it's the attitude that now "the dream of mutants and humans coexisting is a lie" (the dream that's been a core tenet of the X-Men as a concept) that everybody now immediately agreed upon off-panel regardless of whatever they've said in even their appearances immediately before Hickmans run. Not that there's not room to do something interesting with it, but again, the retcons and conveniences needed to buy into this premise would not have been embraced from a writer who wasn't Hickman
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 03-28-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Thatīs my problem with having the actitude of you either have to be "A" or you have to be "B" It was also why I had a problem with Xavierīs first message to the world so I can see why it could be taken that way.

But in practice they still are coexisting with humanity, in fact I would say more than they used to when they lived at the X-mansion, they are part now of human institutions, they still care when the world and humanity is attacked. Itīs not a case of "coexisting is a lie or not" itīs a case where they have to coexist because they share the same world and what affects humans affects them,they have to practice diplomacy with other countries, with other superhero groups and with other civilizations outside earth, the mutants who live on Krakoa have family inside and outside it, they only have changed the scale at which they are doing it because itīs way different to run a school or a superhero group than to run an entire country.

I think or I hope the Gala will show more of that complexity, because so far the writers have focused on nation building and not enough on the day to day activities.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-28-2021 at 03:38 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'm not saying the creation of a mutant safe haven doesn't make sense, it's the attitude that now "the dream of mutants and humans coexisting is a lie" (the dream that's been a core tenet of the X-Men as a concept) that everybody now immediately agreed upon off-panel regardless of whatever they've said in even their appearances immediately before Hickmans run. Not that there's not room to do something interesting with it, but again, the retcons and conveniences needed to buy into this premise would not have been embraced from a writer who wasn't Hickman
    It's a big problem everyone trusting Xavier after he did so many shady things and now a complete turn on his own ideas.

On Xavier I agree, I expect Way of X to show his pov because most of the run he has been just there, present, he needs his personality back. It would be nice to see where heīs coming from and if the situation when the world thought all the X-men were dead and then turned on mutants worldwide was part of his change in approaching the problem of mutant and humans coexistence. I think there are a lot of in between scenes we have not seen and are important to understand Krakoa.

I have the headcanon that the double pain of seeing most of his students dead and seeing how the situation not only didnīt get better but was worse than ever for a lot more people, seeing the academy x children being killed, etc Rosenberg didnīt hold himself during his run showing this so I can see this could lead him to take a different approach to the problem even without Moiraīs interference.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-28-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Xavier planned this decades ago, he didn't decide on this recently. So he was always feeding fake ideology to his alumns

Moira planned this with Charles, yes but she had to convice him in the years between the early original five and Krakoa, in fact she made a point about how hard it was to try to convince him to try with Krakoa so it stayed like a project between them, with him agreeging with some of it but not all and even taking steps without Moira and Moira doing her own research without him. Magneto was in the project when he joined the X-men but left at the time of X-men #1 and later made Genosha and later Cyclops Utopia. The project seem that it was only acted on by all three Moira, Xavier and Magneto post Rosenbergīs run and I donīt think that was a coincidence.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-28-2021 at 04:13 PM.

I also don't think it is a coincidence, but Xavier never really believed on his own ideology

According to HoXPoX he did but Moira tried to change that and in time he agreed with her.

if he never believed on oira, he would never help her throught the years. So he never believed fully on his ideology, Hickman can't have it both ways

Hickmanīs timeline is a changed timeline because of Moiraīs living different lives, itīs different from the original one because Moira showed her memories of them trying and failing with the way he wanted to do things, thatīs why he began to make changes, because itīs common sense that when you are warned that something is not going to work out then you have to try different approaches, not because he didnīt believe in his own ideology, he did but this time he also saw the limitations of his own ideology.

Moira broke Charles. I’d really like to see that scene on the page.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I will say this: Moira always has been intense and a little scary even before Hickman made her a mutant its the way sheīs, I donīt think Hickman has yet to do her justice on this front and Charles has been in love with her since ever, so who knows what really happened between them