Page 483 of 657 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493533583 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 9843

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Well Xos was originally coming out in june/july and was only going to be 12 chapters. The pandemic delayed it for a few months and the event doubled in size by editorial demand. Hellfire gala was going to happen even before the pandemic even started and Duggan had planted seeds in Marauders.
    True. There is also the GSX Magneto issue which was the first drop of it and that was originally scheduled pre-pandemic before it was pushed back

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    True. There is also the GSX Magneto issue which was the first drop of it and that was originally scheduled pre-pandemic before it was pushed back
    I forgot about about Magneto's GSX but yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I mean XoS got delayed so without them pandemic they would have been further apart (I think). Also this is only a month and doesn’t seem like a real crossover so much easier to skip or ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think so. Without the delay, the Gala likely would have happened sooner. Im fine with the timing. XOS ended with Jean and Scott wanting to reform the X-men and without that being an active plotline, it would have been tiring dragging that out for almost a year
    Well Xos was originally coming out in june/july and was only going to be 12 chapters. The pandemic delayed it for a few months and the event doubled in size by editorial demand. Hellfire gala was going to happen even before the pandemic even started and Duggan had planted seeds in Marauders.
    Wouldn't the pandemic pushback have effected the entire gameplan though?

XoS shouldn't have been 20+ issues, it was a bloated mess.

And speaking of bloated messes, why can't the Hellfire Gala be an oversized issue? 80 to 100 pages should be more than enough to deal with this event, good grief.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Wouldn't the pandemic pushback have effected the entire gameplan though?

XoS shouldn't have been 20+ issues, it was a bloated mess.

And speaking of bloated messes, why can't the Hellfire Gala be an oversized issue? 80 to 100 pages should be more than enough to deal with this event, good grief.
    Well yes and no. The pandemic affected the immediate game plan with events and titles that were supposed to come out in april/may/summer 2020 were either reshuffled (Xos) or simply pushed back (king in black, silk and etc). The majority of stories though just ended up being paused and with printing stopping for almost 3 months (and no imminent deadline), it allowed artists and writers alike to catch up and plan ahead. For a number of titles, some arcs ended up being scrapped but overall they were simple put on "pause" a short while and things went back to normal once stuff got sorted. Also while printing stopped, editorials and writers/artists didn't stop working, they just worked remotely which allowed for the big picture/long game plan to be relatively unaffected.

Hellfire gala is only 12 issues because there 11 on going x titles plus the planet sized x-men one shot. It's only one issue per book so it's easy to skip and only read planet size x-men.

Well yes and no. The pandemic affected the immediate game plan with events and titles that were supposed to come out in april/may/summer 2020 were either reshuffled (Xos) or simply pushed back (king in black, silk and etc). The majority of stories though just ended up being paused and with printing stopping for almost 3 months (and no imminent deadline), it allowed artists and writers alike to catch up and plan ahead. For a number of titles, some arcs ended up being scrapped but overall they were simple put on "pause" a short while and things went back to normal once stuff got sorted. Also while printing stopped, editorials and writers/artists didn't stop working, they just worked remotely which allowed for the big picture/long game plan to be relatively unaffected.

Hellfire gala is only 12 issues because there 11 on going x titles plus the planet sized x-men one shot. It's only one issue per book so it's easy to skip and only read planet size x-men.
    DC made the right choice in switching distributors then, although it hurt the guys at my LCS.

Why should every single book, including some that are still only two or so issues in, be interrupted like this? If they'd made this an oversized issue plus the Planet Size X-Men I would've at least considered buying them, but this approach guarantees I'll opt out. Maybe I'm in the minority but I also can't be the only one who feels that way.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    What “finally?” They did the same thing on Genosha and Utopia, and both more or less ended the same way. Krakoa (which is already inherently flawed considering the damn place is sustained by mutant life energy) isn’t going to end any better.
    There are many growing and contributing factors now how Krakoa is gonna inevitably end. The unknown ban on precognitive mutants being resurrected, a populace that doesn't oddly question the screwed up things happening on the island, growing racism and extremism happening under the council's watch through a newly borned blood cult, and favoritism on who and who doesn't gets resurrected and so on.

With the way this horror flick is progressing, the end is gonna feel more chilling than Genosha and Utopia combined.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

With so many angles and directions in play...the How and Why of Krakoa's "ending" is not as predictable as some may believe.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by SiycoBatSquirrel View Post
    There are many growing and contributing factors now how Krakoa is gonna inevitably end. The unknown ban on precognitive mutants being resurrected, a populace that doesn't oddly question the screwed up things happening on the island, growing racism and extremism happening under the council's watch through a newly borned blood cult, and favoritism on who and who doesn't gets resurrected and so on.

With the way this horror flick is progressing, the end is gonna feel more chilling than Genosha and Utopia combined.
    If all of that spells imminent doom, then how the heck is the USA still around?

Why should every single book, including some that are still only two or so issues in, be interrupted like this? If they'd made this an oversized issue plus the Planet Size X-Men I would've at least considered buying them, but this approach guarantees I'll opt out. Maybe I'm in the minority but I also can't be the only one who feels that way.
    I agree with you 100%. I am not a fan of crossovers, myself. I prefer them as a limited series.

For the sheer reason - that say X-MEN #6 ends with Cyclops blasting Magneto. X-MEN #7 next month, everyone's at Cyclop's funeral and Storm's gone missing - and you have no freaking clue WHAT THE #^% is going on - because this stupid cross over spanned 12 different X-Books.

It's freaking ridiculous.

I appreciate tying books together - but do it as a limited series. So it doesn't impact the flow of a monthly.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    If all of that spells imminent doom, then how the heck is the USA still around?
    Yeah, it has all of this without the free food, water, healthcare and resurrections...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I agree with you 100%. I am not a fan of crossovers, myself. I prefer them as a limited series.

For the sheer reason - that say X-MEN #6 ends with Cyclops blasting Magneto. X-MEN #7 next month, everyone's at Cyclop's funeral and Storm's gone missing - and you have no freaking clue WHAT THE #^% is going on - because this stupid cross over spanned 12 different X-Books.

I appreciate tying books together - but do it as a limited series. So it doesn't impact the flow of a monthly.
    Just think of the HFG issues as a one-month long (it. is. only. one. month.) limited series...where you still don't have to buy the books you're not already reading/collecting.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, it has all of this without the free food, water, healthcare and resurrections...
    It all depends on a setient being

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post

Thanks, and I agree, a separate limited series would be the best approach.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

DC made the right choice in switching distributors then, although it hurt the guys at my LCS.

what makes you so sure that anything is being interrupted for this? Its a fun idea and for all we know all the writers are on board with it and are using it to incorporate their current plotlines to advance the story. This isnt going to be like XoS where the books were derailed and the writers lost control of what they could tell for that month

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Just think of the HFG issues as a one-month long (it. is. only. one. month.) limited series...where you still don't have to buy the books you're not already reading/collecting.
    Maybe in a vacuum this makes sense, but Marvel has long had a poor practice of overstuffing the year with events and they shouldn't get a pass because it's only a month or people can opt out or what have you. Some of us are only picking up one or two books, and we now have to choose between missing an issue, picking up an issue that will be disconnected from the rest, or buying a ton of extra books to stay in the loop. That shouldn't be acceptable – and I'm not saying Marvel has to change from the top down immediately but this practice should slow down or something.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.