Page 485 of 657 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495535585 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 9843

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    That was my theory at the beginning as the characters are too different from the ones I knew… Now, I don’t know. Bad writing feels more likely.
    This is my concern as well.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Glad this new team seems to be based on not forgetting the core concept of the X-Mdns original dream like the rest of this era has been

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Glad this new team seems to be based on not forgetting the core concept of the X-Mdns original dream like the rest of this era has been
    That’s the hope. But it might not be.

So far, all we’ve seen Scott, Jean and their people do is go off on riskier missions than the Quiet Council is willing to endorse, with the Quiet Council celebrating them as basically heroic citizens of Krakoa.

Will we see the X-Men come into conflict with the separatist goals of the Krakoan nation? Or will they just come into conflict with the Quiet Council over the risks they take? Will the X-Men stick with Xavier’s original, integrationist dream?

That they will still be based around Krakoa makes me wonder if they’re not going to get into conflict with the Quiet Council over the X-Men’s methods and risks, as well as Quiet Council members’ personal goals.

I hope, but I don’t necessarily see the X-Men coming into conflict with being Krakoan.

But I might just not be seeing it. This is what I mean by Hickman doesn’t do plot twists. We all know the X-Men are going to come into conflict with the Quiet Council. Hickman just expands and goes bigger from the point he started. I don’t know that he’s going to have the X-Men come into conflict with the very concept of Krakoan citizenship. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if Hickman does do that.
    Last edited by Brian B; 04-16-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    But then why don't those other books just keep going? Why jump into this?
    It's a line wide crossover, even it is one shots about Hellfire Gala

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It's a line wide crossover, even it is one shots about Hellfire Gala
    But we're just going in circles, this event doesn't seem properly thought out.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

But we're just going in circles, this event doesn't seem properly thought out.
    Agree. And prepare yourself because it seems like it will be a annual eent, at least there is a intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Agree. And prepare yourself because it seems like it will be a annual eent, at least there is a intention.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Lolol I think they said those were there pre-pandemic plans so no guarantee it'll happen every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Lolol I think they said those were there pre-pandemic plans so no guarantee it'll happen every year.
    thanks for your sympathy
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Well at the least this new team is finally the closest thing to the type of X-Men stuff I like since 2019. I get Hickman plays the long game but two years waiting for the characters to act like, you know, the X-Men, has been pretty frustrating. The new writer on the flagship book makes me hope we'll get something at least close to traditional stuff, with characters acting somewhat like they did before Krakoa era rewrote everyone's personalities to fit the new status quo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I keep thinking this will all turn out to be an alternate timeline, that this life of Moira’s is not the one we have known until this point. Maybe the next Moira is the Moira we know.

If you recall, Destiny said she might have one more life past the ten or something like that. Maybe what we are reading, which seems very self-contained from most of the rest of Marvel, is Moira’s last failure.

That would explain why Xavier didn’t think she was a mutant when she was introduced way back. That’s Moira 11. And what we’re seeing now is Moira 9 or 10 (too lazy to look at the Moira timelines).

It’s my fan theory, and maybe others’.
    I've been away from the x titles for a few years so this Moira X thing is very confusing. Anyone know of a good wiki that explains Moira X?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I've been away from the x titles for a few years so this Moira X thing is very confusing. Anyone know of a good wiki that explains Moira X?
    The Recycle Bin?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Incredible Member

But then why don't those other books just keep going? Why jump into this?
    Because it sounds awesome?

I had thought about the My ours retcon thing being a possibility (in particular when Hickman said he'd out all the toys back when he was done and when mentions of Krakoa outside the X-Books were more vague) but idk if they'll do it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I had thought about the My ours retcon thing being a possibility (in particular when Hickman said he'd out all the toys back when he was done and when mentions of Krakoa outside the X-Books were more vague) but idk if they'll do it.
    Again, people are misinterpreting what Hickman said about putting the toys back in the box. It's not about bringing everything back to exactly how it was before, without keeping a single change. His run in F4 didn't end with the Future Foundation erased, or Secret Wars ended with Doom going back to being a petty despot (the latter was all Dan Slott's doing). It's about adding new ideas and possibilities to the books, not destroying them, which is what most writers do.