Page 486 of 664 FirstFirst ... 386436476482483484485486487488489490496536586 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 9959
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Again, people are misinterpreting what Hickman said about putting the toys back in the box. It's not about bringing everything back to exactly how it was before, without keeping a single change. His run in F4 didn't end with the Future Foundation erased, or Secret Wars ended with Doom going back to being a petty despot (the latter was all Dan Slott's doing). It's about adding new ideas and possibilities to the books, not destroying them, which is what most writers do.
    That's why i'm actualy quite doubtfull about the whole idea of Moira X being a reset button. Especialy since i'm not convinced her powers work the way she or Hox/Pox claim. Infact i somewhat expect the worlds of X2 and X3 (Life 9 and 6 respectively) to still somehow come back into play eventualy.

Though i don't think the current status quo is long for the world either, since everything feels designed to break appart eventualy under some strain of the story events and shocking reveals about the nature of everything right now.

But i don't think it's getting magically erased.

Secret wars retconned huge chuncks of his own avengers run and many developments. Basically only FF was changed

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    . Infact i somewhat expect the worlds of X2 and X3 (Life 9 and 6 respectively) to still somehow come back into play eventualy.
    I'm pretty sure Rasputin and Cardinal are coming back eventually (through that black hole they got in).

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Because it sounds awesome?
    A gala sounds awesome? That deserves one oversized issue at most. Maybe they'll justify their tie-ins, but tie-ins don't have good track records...

Again, people are misinterpreting what Hickman said about putting the toys back in the box. It's not about bringing everything back to exactly how it was before, without keeping a single change. His run in F4 didn't end with the Future Foundation erased, or Secret Wars ended with Doom going back to being a petty despot (the latter was all Dan Slott's doing). It's about adding new ideas and possibilities to the books, not destroying them, which is what most writers do.
    Not sure about that...
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

I'm pretty sure Rasputin and Cardinal are coming back eventually (through that black hole they got in).
    That would be a version of Xorn if i recall right. Considering his counterpart is on Krakoa the entry into the current universe would be there.

But yes, it would be strange to have these characters presented so prominently in promotion pics and even on the tarot cards shown in Moira X's remarks about the fortune teller (together with the tower from X3 which somehow also appears on Krakoa) and then just leave them as dead footnotes in the X2 scenario.

While i'm not that hyped about Rasputin (her main appeal in my opinion seems to be being a female Collosus with too many usefull powers piled into a single character), she and Cardinal seemed too specifically designed to be just disregardable as red herrings.

Also while less likely to re-appear i wouldn't leave Cylobel out either. Her mind being absorbed by the super computer system that forms the tower in X3 and the current day Krakpa could allow a reappearance later aswell.

Though with the overall pace so slowed down and Hickman switching to another title for what might be just another middle step towards such events, it will likely take a while to get there (unless declining sales force the dreaded "resolve asap" scenario).

Yeah, I wonder if we will get to see Cylobel again, or at least more stories about the origins of the black brain telepaths and hounds. I wonder if that Phoenix with the hound marks on the Brooks cover is connected.

Also unpopular opinion: Characters chosen to be a Phoenix host should continue to be merit based. Being a Phoenix host through heredity is nepotism.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    Also unpopular opinion: Characters chosen to be a Phoenix host should continue to be merit based. Being a Phoenix host through heredity is nepotism.
    Or...ya know Genetics
    GrindrStone(D)

They should've just left the Phoenix with Jean, or Rachel, or retired it.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    They should've just left the Phoenix with Jean
    'Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    'Nuff said
    Well, yeah, but the other two are better than what we have now.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Wolverine as Phoenix = best Phoenix. I said it, I mean it and I don't care if you don't like it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    What merit? It’s all about the whimsical idea of a celestial being.

It chose Rachel because she reminded it Jean Grey… The rest, I don’t know…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Wolverine as Phoenix = best Phoenix. I said it, I mean it and I don't care if you don't like it.
    Jason Aaron, is that you? lol

Wolverine and Cyclops are both boring. Jean is better off without them. Also Scott and Emma are made for each other as they are both hypocrites when it comes to relationships.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 04-25-2021 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Jason Aaron, is that you? lol
    Lol it would be cool to write Avengers
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.