Page 491 of 668 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 10014

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    This is one of the best x related media out there for the sheer ridiculousness.

It's the X-men/FF crossover we deserve. Okay, maybe the last part is a bit too much.

Lol that was hilarious, next scene is Magento crushing everyone with all the metal cars the cops rolled up in ha!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Spectacular Member

I wish the X-titles did a better job of showcasing more subtle/less flashy powers. Iceman should never have gotten his power increased to the point where he's no longer challenged by anyone, writers should just put 20 minutes of research into how debilitating extreme cold can be. Beast's agility and strength should make him Spider-Man without the webs. Angel didn't need to be upgraded to Wolverine But With Wings when even a swan's wings can break someone's bones in the real world.

It just kinda feels like everyone has to be made more and more powerful to be relevant in a fight and then huge generic power displays take the place of clever writing a lot of the time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I wish the X-titles did a better job of showcasing more subtle/less flashy powers. Iceman should never have gotten his power increased to the point where he's no longer challenged by anyone, writers should just put 20 minutes of research into how debilitating extreme cold can be. Beast's agility and strength should make him Spider-Man without the webs. Angel didn't need to be upgraded to Wolverine But With Wings when even a swan's wings can break someone's bones in the real world.

It just kinda feels like everyone has to be made more and more powerful to be relevant in a fight and then huge generic power displays take the place of clever writing a lot of the time.
    Thats because comics really don't go in deep to powere matchups. Its always bigger and more flashy displays over taking the more subtitle complex powere sets. Thats a big edge mange has over comics, it dose match ups better

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post

Yeah, it's all about the feats and power escalation. At best, I think maybe creative and editorial put story above internal consistency, at worst they don't care or there's just a general lack of care.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Thats because comics really don't go in deep to powere matchups. Its always bigger and more flashy displays over taking the more subtitle complex powere sets. Thats a big edge mange has over comics, it dose match ups better
    Yeah, generally manga is indeed better at this. That might be because manga don't all take place within a vast shared universe, although the Big 2 have large editorial teams so...

Manga can get away with giving several 22-page chapters to a fight because they can pace it well and they generally remain internally consistent. And many books are weekly.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think early claremont did a good job using powers and describing fights as well as others writers from the 80īs Kurt Busiek was also quite good on this part, I think now is harder because this takes space from storytelling but big crossovers with space for epic fights could do better showing whatīs actually happening in the fights and show more strategy.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

The X-Women should go back to wearing their kitten heels.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wouldn't mind. At least it's more interesting than the ugly flat things (shoe-socks?) some artists have them wearing now.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I would not mind either, half of them can fly so itīs not a problem
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think early claremont did a good job using powers and describing fights as well as others writers from the 80īs Kurt Busiek was also quite good on this part, I think now is harder because this takes space from storytelling but big crossovers with space for epic fights could do better showing whatīs actually happening in the fights and show more strategy.
    I just think it’s a matter of talent. No excuse.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wouldn't mind. At least it's more interesting than the ugly flat things (shoe-socks?) some artists have them wearing now.
    So ugly!

I would not mind either, half of them can fly so itīs not a problem
    Right practicality in comic books is an oxymoron to me.

Seems like people want to reverse small things like female superheroes not wearing heels and dresses. I prefer practical things., even because superheroes are all the time losing their powers

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I would very much like to see more fights in the old style again, with some modern adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Seems like people want to reverse small things like female superheroes not wearing heels and dresses. I prefer practical things., even because superheroes are all the time losing their powers
    I like practical and slytish choices it depends of the character and the situation, for example I can buy Emma wearing heels because thatīs her style and Laura using practical clothing, their clothes are also part of the characterization imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Practical and superhero are two words that do not go together.

I partly agree with Zelena, I think talent is part of it. But I also think it's a little deeper than that, I think too many characters have been buffed, some have been nerfed, and care isn't taken to remain consistent even within a single series. If storytelling really is why the creative team isn't concerned by it, then the editorial teams need to pick up the slack.

Strategy in encounters would be fantastic.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Honestly I can't think of a single artist/writer working at marvel that could make a decent long drawn fight scene.