Page 492 of 663 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542592 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 9936
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

At the risk of being banned again;

I'm looking forward to Duggans run a lot. With the way Planet Size has been built up it hopefully has some really big ideas for what he's planning, and Hickman being on a shorter more focused book like Inferno will be much better than waiting two years to follow major story threads like his run was, or teeing up ideas for other writers to do (Way of X should have been out a year ago, rather than halfway ish into the run)

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    At the risk of being banned again;

I'm looking forward to Duggans run a lot. With the way Planet Size has been built up it hopefully has some really big ideas for what he's planning, and Hickman being on a shorter more focused book like Inferno will be much better than waiting two years to follow major story threads like his run was, or teeing up ideas for other writers to do (Way of X should have been out a year ago, rather than halfway ish into the run)
    I can't help but feel that the final issue of Hickman's run was a letdown and that it hurts the run to have Inferno be the REAL follow-up to HoX/PoX. I fully agree that WoX released too late.

I can say that Duggan's run looks great, the art will pull its weight.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I'll out my minimal spoiler Planet Size take here:
    spoilers:
    the art saved this from being very boring. Everyone predicted the terraforming months ago and the only surprise was that they decided their intergalactic embassy should also be the home of the worst possible people to be involved in diplomacy. They kept hyping it up as being something that'd bring humans and mutants closer together and then...it was almost the exact opposite? Kind of a letdown. I guess Ewing will have fun with it but I assumed thisd be a lead into Duggans run so I was expecting more
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Yeah, at this rate we are rapidly approaching a point where either “the world outside your window” is taken behind the woodshed for all of marvel, or everything’s being set to implode catastrophically to harvest the rage

The second for sure.

Extraordinary Member

I'd say it's the best 'red' issue so far, but that's not saying much. It's the first issue of the event that really feels like something happened, and while the what was obvious, at least the why wasn't something I was expecting.

It feels like there's an imbalance between the issues with the smaller moments, the interactions at the gala, and the issues where something truly major happens. This and X-Men 21 could have been 1 giant issue and there wouldn't be this sense that nothing is happening.

spoilers:
    the art saved this from being very boring. Everyone predicted the terraforming months ago and the only surprise was that they decided their intergalactic embassy should also be the home of the worst possible people to be involved in diplomacy. They kept hyping it up as being something that'd bring humans and mutants closer together and then...it was almost the exact opposite? Kind of a letdown. I guess Ewing will have fun with it but I assumed thisd be a lead into Duggans run so I was expecting more
    end of spoilers
    Agreed. I wanted to be impressed by this issue but I sadly wasn’t. Everyone predicted this would happen and it feels like mutants are separating themselves from earth and humanity more and more. What bothers me the most is with this phenomenal power the mutants display, they’ve basically become god like and I struggle to think how any sort of conflict matters anymore.
    That being said I predict it’s going to all go hell in a hand basket, but a ‘reset’ wouldn’t work anymore either.

I had been hoping that the Hellfire Gala and Duggans run would mean less ubermensch type stuff coming from the X-Men who previously fought against that exact type of thinking but now spoilers:
    they have a king or queen who literally rules over the Earth so there goes that
    end of spoilers

Though I still think the Reign will eventually end with a huge collapse of at least half the stuff introduced in the run

I had been hoping that the Hellfire Gala and Duggans run would mean less ubermensch type stuff coming from the X-Men who previously fought against that exact type of thinking but now spoilers:
    they have a king or queen who literally rules over the Earth so there goes that
    end of spoilers

Though I still think the Reign will eventually end with a huge collapse of at least half the stuff introduced in the run
    I am very interested to see how Duggan’s X-Men contrasts some of the attitudes presented in this issue.

I had assumed it would lead into his run but it feels much more like a spoilers:
    setup for SWORD? since space diplomacy is supposed to be their whole ****
    end of spoilers

New Mutants 19 > Planet Size. Yeah I said it.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Agree, They decided things without talking to humans. That is not how things work

I had assumed it would lead into his run but it feels much more like a spoilers:
    setup for SWORD? since space diplomacy is supposed to be their whole ****
    end of spoilers
    This was my thought. I think they are biting more that they can chew

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Agree, They decided things without talking to humans. That is not how things work

This was my thought. I think they are biting more that they can chew
    Why would they talk to humans about this? The "Humans" you are referring to has made it pretty clear they aren't interested in their problems and pretty much told them to buzz off.

Now that they've pretty much decided to,we are supposed to be all upset over it? Give me a break.

The Mutants have now got the resources and allies that they need to pull this off without looking to Earth Governments for aid or advice.

Which is what these Governments have always pretty much wanted,isn't it?
    Last edited by rcaguy; 06-18-2021 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Why would they talk to humans about this? The "Humans" you are referring to has made it pretty clear they aren't interested in their problems and pretty much told them to buzz off.

Now that they've pretty much decided to,we are supposed to be all upset over it? Give me a break.

The mutants have now got the resources and allies that they need to pull this off.
    Agreed, this was a move out of "the humans" handbook. I'm not understanding these takes that Mutants must shrink themselves in order to pacify the humans who have historically not given two shits about the well being of mutants.

It's been established that the humans are going to make a big stink no matter what mutants decide to do.

Have humans ever unilaterally appointed a king to rule over the mutants?