Page 499 of 664 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549599 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,485 of 9952

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Most of the X-Men's costumes are really, really bad. I don't even know if that's an unpopular opinion, but I wanted to say it anyway. The yellow and navy is just so tacky. But the costumes are iconic, and you can't take that away from them.
    Is your opinon just limited to the X-men or superheroes in general? Because I dont see anything really out of the ordinary with them as a whole

The Wolverine is probably my favorite of the X-Men movies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    It was a good movie, and I love Japan and Japanese culture so its setting was fantastic.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I really enjoyed it as well, if the ending was different I think it would've been even better. That giant robot suit just didn't need to happen.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Superheroes running a country is often boring. I tried following this whole Krakoa thing, but it ended up too big and too dull and as a result I stopped reading and don't even remember where I left off.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Superheroes running a country is often boring. I tried following this whole Krakoa thing, but it ended up too big and too dull and as a result I stopped reading and don't even remember where I left off.
    Given it was a X-men comic. Likely somewhere around the word "bub".

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I like the idea of them running a country my only problem has been the characterization in some of the characters and the underuse in some of the traditional X-men, hopefuly the new teams and the new X-men title will fix that.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Is your opinon just limited to the X-men or superheroes in general? Because I dont see anything really out of the ordinary with them as a whole
    It's limited to the X-men. Colossus, Wolverine, Rogue—I just don't like the look. It definitely stems from the fact that they're supposed to be wearing "team uniforms". The yellows don't help much either. I much prefer when individual superheroes have wholly unique costumes

Mighty Member

I do think a lot of X-men outfits are terrible.

There are terrible outfits in other superheroes, but usually they're isolated to a singular hero due to the fact that they're not uniforms.

With X-men a lot of design philosophy bleeds. So if one has a bad core, a billion will have that same bad core.

I think one of the most easy to point to is the headsock.

I think some fans are a little too gung ho for Mystique burning Krakoa that they forget she is a remorseless psychopath who has spread nothing but pain and destruction wherever she goes.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Irene might disagree with your hot take, there...but, I have to say...I personally love my Mystique being the anarchist.

Burn it down, Myssy!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I think some fans are a little too gung ho for Mystique burning Krakoa that they forget she is a remorseless psychopath who has spread nothing but pain and destruction wherever she goes.
    No we havent forgotten. She's been a team player nad playing by the rules for the betterment of Krakoa this era and has been royally screwed over with no explanation. At this point, they've earned the consequences of her wrath

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

No we havent forgotten. She's been a team player nad playing by the rules for the betterment of Krakoa this era and has been royally screwed over with no explanation. At this point, they've earned the consequences of her wrath
    Exactly. It's easy to see why she wants to and the qualities that AJpyro used for her is exactly why I think she will do some damage, which is exciting
    Make Good Art

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

I have to push back on this one. She's done a grand total of three missions and gone for a few months without stabbing people in the back and that's viewed as being a team player? Of those three missions she's batting 1-1-1. In the first mission she was unable to prevent one of her subordinates, Sabretooth, from murdering a human even though that had been specifically disallowed. As the one in charge she bears some responsibility for that, and while that is not her fault, it can't really be considered a success either. At best this can be considered a partial success/partial failure. On the second mission, she participated in the attack on Mother Mold and left behind a secret gate to spy on Orchis from, this was clearly a success. On the third mission, to destroy Nimrod before it came online, she completely failed.

She also hasn't done a thing for the betterment of Krakoa. Everything she has done has been for her own personal gain, to try and get Destiny resurrected.

She also has had the reason for the delay explained to her. Irene's resurrection is held over her head because of how often she betrays people. She has been told Destiny has not been resurrected yet, and has to wait, but that she can effectively pay to have her moved up the que if she performs specific tasks. This is an earnable goal, however one that even by the terms she agreed to, that she hasn't achieved. Its also reasonable considering her history.

Now yes, we know she has been being manipulated, so what? Its Mystique, and she has been shown being just as manipulative. Also while Moira does not want to resurrect precogs Xavier and Magneto have stated that they view this as a temporary measure. However, most importantly she has not been told that they will not resurrect Irene. She has been told they will not do it yet.

Making her wait is not screwing her over. Having 1 win, 1 tie and 1 loss, while going a few months without backstabbing somebody does not equate "being a team player." It might have been a different story if she had fulfilled her part of the agreement, and still been told no, but that hasn't happened. At worst Magneto, Xavier and Moira are prepared to betray her but they haven't yet. Xavier, Magneto and Moira are kind of dickish but so is Mystique, and at least the three of them can somewhat fall back on the greater good argument while Mystique is being setup to have a murderous temper tantrum. Although the readers know that the trio are setting her up to betray her, it still hasn't happened yet.

Going further, neither Moira nor Destiny's comments should be viewed as trustworthy. Both characters are being set up as unreliable narrators and both characters fill the role of classic oracles manipulating events from behind the scenes and dispensing partial truths and obscuring others to provoke specific courses of action.

Having said all that I can't wait for her to blow, not because I think she is even remotely justified, but because I like the way the story has been set up.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 07-06-2021 at 02:31 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I believe there's a certain music number from Chicago that adequately describes whether or not people think Xavier and Magneto have it coming