Page 5 of 655 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

~~I like Magneto as a hard-ass hero. I want him to stay with the X-Men. I know in "real life" Marvel and the X-Office need to compromise, and keep him in the gray zone, and it's probably the best I'll get in the comics. But I think Mags makes an excellent X-Men character, with his Holocaust history, his memories and history as an antagonist, his intellect and mood disorders intact.

~~Morrison's run was the low point of the X-Men franchise. He needed discipline, from editorial but also self-discipline, and without it he ended up writing narcissistic fan-fiction.

~~I think Matt Fraction was excellent and quietly revolutionary in the way he portrayed the X-Men--the way forward was started by Ed Brubaker and carried on by Fraction--but I think he did something no writer before him, except Claremont during the Outback period had done. He got the X-Men out of Westchester, and into a new paradigm, including the rise of Scott Summers as a true leader. He was dealt lemons after Decimation, and he made lemonade. Very annoyed at all the negativity about his X-Men run. He's one of the great comic book writers alive today, and we are so lucky he spent some time in the X-Men universe.

~~Xavier is a petty, fascist jackass. He can push all his negative impulses into a corner of his mind and call it "Dark Xavier" but Dark Xavier is still him.

~~Storm needs to be free. Free of boyfriends and husbands and kids and teens. Marvel has a hard time understanding strong female characters who aren't nurturers, teachers, and wheelchair pushers. Storm's power needs to be unleashed, and she needs to tell kids, and Xavier's Way, and everyone, to kiss off while she rides the winds and acts like the complex hero she is.

~~Adult Jean Gray needs to return but Scott stays with Emma. Like in real life, sometimes you gotta work with your ex and his new S.O.

~~I like the displaced O5 teens, but dammit, there needs to be an explanation as to how they're still here while all their adult counterparts exist, and have memories and experiences from the time the teens jumped to the future. Every time I see one of the teen O5 I just get so frustrated and I can't enjoy the story. Keep it simple, Marvel. Occam's Razor. They're from a parallel timeline that is as thin as a slice of onion skin apart from Marvel 616-NOW. That's it. Over. Done.

~~Quicksilver needs to be a mutant again, and Magneto's son again, and back with the X-Men books again.

~~Wanda Maximoff needs to be a mutant again, Magneto's daughter again, and put on trial for crimes against mutants, and imprisoned.

~~I like Beast just as he is--complicated, good and bad in turns, filled with anger and hate but also generosity of spirit. Incompetent sometimes, brilliant other times. I'd like to see him mutate again.

~~Joseph is being wasted. With his long, white hair, youth, and smooth evil manner; he needs to take Magneto's place as Marvel's magnetic villain (with Mags still alive, just not a villain any longer). Most fans are tired of Magneto going back and forth, good then dark again with the bwahaha "I'm going to conquer the world" bullsh*t. Keep Magnus where he is now, and unleash the Joseph.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    -Bendis' X-Men run was possibly the worst (and most boring) run on x-books EVER
    See thread title. Only unpopular/controversial opinions. Thanks.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post

~~Joseph is being wasted. With his long, white hair, youth, and smooth evil manner; he needs to take Magneto's place as Marvel's magnetic villain (with Mags still alive, just not a villain any longer). Most fans are tired of Magneto going back and forth, good then dark again with the bwahaha "I'm going to conquer the world" bullsh*t. Keep Magnus where he is now, and unleash the Joseph.
    Please no one of the reasons I liked Joe despite the awful romance with Rogue was because he´s one of the first to question Xavier ideology of wanting to get along with humakind while hiding away on his old money´s house when Charles was still leader of the X-men. To make him a one dimensional "Magneto the second" villain would be an utter waste, even in the series "Magneto not a hero" Magnus said to Joe that "he wasn´t like that". I always liked how he tried to look for the middle road in a very manichaean world. He even tried to understand the acolytes as ppl he could still do that. But marvel just seems to hate all kinds of clone characters given what they did to Ben Reilly and Madelyne Pryor.

The X-men just need new and interesting villains like Cassandra Nova, the Children of the Vault, the Evolutionaries, etc. or maybe a William Stryker similar to the movie verse. so Magneto can stay grey I think he works better that way.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-25-2016 at 05:29 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I think its time for the sentinels to go away. They have become uninteresting antagonists over the past few years.Or at the very least, have the humans of the marvel universe actually protest them. I don't think people of today would be okay with giant racist terminators causing collateral damage- usually moreso than mutants- while they are hunting mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    I think its time for the sentinels to go away. They have become uninteresting antagonists over the past few years.Or at the very least, have the humans of the marvel universe actually protest them. I don't think people of today would be okay with giant racist terminators causing collateral damage- usually moreso than mutants- while they are hunting mutants.
    I think sentinels would've been buried for real the first time they went terminator and attacked regular humans or decided to attack human babies. Or they'd stuck with piloted sentinels.
    Also why isn't the government sending sentinels to fight all their wars?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Jubilee being regressed back to teenager would be forth getting rid of the vampirism and the baby and getting her powers back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God
    I like vampire Jubilee more than regular Jubilee and baby Shogo is awesome.
    When it comes to Jubilee's more recent developments, I seem to go back and forth on them. I hated her losing her powers and I hated her getting turned into a vampire. However, I also thought her as the field leader of the New Warriors had potential in a "when life hands you lemons" kind of way (which the squandered) and I like little Shogo. I seem to lean more towards the developments in which it seems like she actually had some choice in the matter but hate the ones in which stuff just happens to her. I know she's frequently regarded as a "survivor", but there comes a point when life's got to be more than just survival.

As I say everytime one of these threads are made:

-I don't like the "Marvel Universe", I like X-Men treated as a separate entity not connected to any other outside world or characters.

-X-Men 3 is a good movie (and so is X-Men Origins)

-Related to the first one, I don't want the X-Men movies rebooted or rights given to Marvel, as I think MCU is inferior to the X-Men movies, and by a significant margin

-There are a number of changes in the movies that I feel are improvements over the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post

-I don't like the "Marvel Universe", I like X-Men treated as a separate entity not connected to any other outside world or characters.

-Related to the first one, I don't want the X-Men movies rebooted or rights given to Marvel, as I think MCU is inferior to the X-Men movies, and by a significant margin

-There are a number of changes in the movies that I feel are improvements over the comics
    Officially triggered.

I think you're a fan of the X-Movies not the X-Men. Consider that my controversial opinion.

blari345

I'm a relativity new reader of the books and a new poster here so I don't know how controversial my opinions are.

- I enjoyed some of Bendis run more the ANXM stuff but I would have liked to see what his long term was and not the mess he ended up with when he ended it early.

- In general I like the O5 and don't care is they stay in the present forever. I can be explained away as time patching itself up after the Secret wars universe restart or something like that.

-I like shorter story and stand alone issues and usually much prefer character stuff to action. I think it would be good if there was a standalone issue between every story arc.

- I don,t care if the older Cyclops is being turned into a villain, in fact it could be a good thing. I think the idea that the terrigan clouds and the threat of a new mutant extinction just broke him and sent him off the deep end could be believable. As the leader of a new brotherhood/XForce he could be a real danger not because of his physical power but just because he is a great strategist and know everyone's strengths, weaknesses and how they would react.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I think sentinels would've been buried for real the first time they went terminator and attacked regular humans or decided to attack human babies. Or they'd stuck with piloted sentinels.
    Also why isn't the government sending sentinels to fight all their wars?
    Because the governments of Marvel Earth are a wondrous mix of incompetent and evil. See: everything to do with Weapon X and the attempts to restart it.

Whoever knew Canada was the most militarized and evil country out there.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I can't stand X23. She doesn't embody the same archetypes that Logan did, and never can. I also didn't like Evolution, where she came from.
    This. I've seen a lot of complaints on all new Wolverine because people buy Wolverine books to see Wolverine. But now they see a girl with claws, which behaves like Sailor Moon with cute little sidekick.

Next you're gonna say fant4stick is an underrated masterpiece.

-I care more about the NXM than the majority of adult X-Men these days and I'd rather read about them. I would trade any one of the X-books we have now for one about them.

-i don't mind X-23 as Wolverine but her costume looks absolutely horrible and doesn't suit her at all. I hope it gets a redesign sooner than later.

-I vastly prefer Emma Frost over Jean Grey.

-Hope Summers should be taking an active role in the current crisis.

-I don't want the X-Men movies to touch the Phoenix saga again. They tried once and failed, it's time to move on. There's plenty of other stories to choose from.

-it doesn't seem to be an unpopular opinion, but JLaw was awful as Mystique.

Mighty Member

I hate X23.

While everyone else apparently love her.