Page 500 of 668 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 10013

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I really enjoyed it as well, if the ending was different I think it would've been even better. That giant robot suit just didn't need to happen.
    What was wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I believe there's a certain music number from Chicago that adequately describes whether or not people think Xavier and Magneto have it coming
    Guess I'll just be the guy that says no they didn't. Being a jerk to someone isn't a qualifier to that person burning the house down and making alot of people suffer.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    What was wrong with it?
    I thought it felt out of place based on the rest of the movie. The hallway fight scene with Mariko’s dad was amazing and should’ve been expanded and been the “final duel” imho or something like that. Most of the movie wasn’t too over the top besides the train scene and the giant mech suit. I felt like it went from a somewhat grounded super hero movie to an over the top action flick in the final act. If the silver samurai had somehow been restored to his physical prime and then duel Logan with the same results it would’ve fit the film much better. I still think it was a good film overall but the last act felt out of place.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Guess I'll just be the guy that says no they didn't. Being a jerk to someone isn't a qualifier to that person burning the house down and making alot of people suffer.
    When you kick a grenade enough, who's fault is it when the grenade explodes

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    When you kick a grenade enough, who's fault is it when the grenade explodes
    Lol Magnus and Xavier have given Mystique a suicide belt and expect her to go do them a favour..they picked the wrong woman!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

"From 1980 - 1997 Emma was once the worlds sweetest woman and was horribly vilified..." What? She was the worst kind of villain that had a slow redemption. People who don't read comics need to stop lurking who have no interest in reading the books and I know this woman and her flunkies had none. By their own admission. Its the same bull as with Mystique. I may die some day and maybe this post will lead them to my murderers, lol.

Would you do this with books and TV, movies? No. I never see it.

My take is probably very controversial, but here it comes:
    There should be more non-mutant X-men. Be them aliens, humans, inumans, mutates, whatever.
    While of course the majority of X-men should remain mutants, one of the things that I dislike about the way Marvel kind treats the X-men is that in X-books it seems like every human being that isnīt a mutant somehows hates the X-men. but realistically, there should be at least a few non-mutants who prefer the way the X-men do things over the Avengers.
    Have Skaar join X-Force, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by President Togekiss View Post
    There should be more non-mutant X-men. Be them aliens, humans, inumans, mutates, whatever.
    While of course the majority of X-men should remain mutants, one of the things that I dislike about the way Marvel kind treats the X-men is that in X-books it seems like every human being that isnīt a mutant somehows hates the X-men. but realistically, there should be at least a few non-mutants who prefer the way the X-men do things over the Avengers.
    Maybe it's controversial but I agree. I've wanted more of a mix - not a majority of course. And you're right on the money that there's too many humans that are portrayed as fanatically anti-mutant.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

Probably less an unpopular opinion than a random speculation:

I suspect that the only reason Slott was permitted to Pretender-use Franklin (when Hickman could almost certainly pull rank on him) is because Franklin was probably a part of Hickman’s original ‘put toys back in the box at the end’ plan, which has been well and truly been diverged from

I’d speculate the apparent horse trading between the offices of Wanda (who is probably staying in the ground for a while*) for Phoenix is for the same reason

*happy to be wrong though

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Probably less an unpopular opinion than a random speculation:

I suspect that the only reason Slott was permitted to Pretender-use Franklin (when Hickman could almost certainly pull rank on him) is because Franklin was probably a part of Hickman’s original ‘put toys back in the box at the end’ plan, which has been well and truly been diverged from

I’d speculate the apparent horse trading between the offices of Wanda (who is probably staying in the ground for a while*) for Phoenix is for the same reason

*happy to be wrong though
    If Hickman as the the authority to pull rank on other non-xwriters regarding characters under their purview wouldn't that cause internal strife and possibly major problems at marvel. There is the x-line which Hickman clearly has authority over, he is directing the narrative there. However there are non-x franchises that have their own storylines they are telling, the idea that other writers have to cede power to him and have to plan around whatever he's doing could lead to animosity. Franklin is first and foremost a FF character therefore he falls under Slott's control, and Hickman shouldn't be allowed to usurp Slott's plans for the character without his consent. And if other writers believe that marvel is showing favoritism towards Hickman that can be problematic. It would be marvel effectively saying Hickman and the x-line take priority over everyone and everything else. Contrary to what some believe not everyone reads or like the X-men, and marvel has to consider that there are other franchises with their own fanbases in their stable other than the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    If Hickman as the the authority to pull rank on other non-xwriters regarding characters under their purview wouldn't that cause internal strife and possibly major problems at marvel. There is the x-line which Hickman clearly has authority over, he is directing the narrative there. However there are non-x franchises that have their own storylines they are telling, the idea that other writers have to cede power to him and have to plan around whatever he's doing could lead to animosity. Franklin is first and foremost a FF character therefore he falls under Slott's control, and Hickman shouldn't be allowed to usurp Slott's plans for the character without his consent. And if other writers believe that marvel is showing favoritism towards Hickman that can be problematic. It would be marvel effectively saying Hickman and the x-line take priority over everyone and everything else. Contrary to what some believe not everyone reads or like the X-men, and marvel has to consider that there are other franchises with their own fanbases in their stable other than the X-men.
    I think in general the editors and writers try to be collaborative as opposed to us vs them. I'm sure it was simply a professional discussion between the two camps about both writers plans and then a decision was made.

That being said, it's pretty obvious that the X-books are the main focus for Marvel right now based on the sheer number that are being made every month. The only camp that rivals it is Spidey.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

They should wipe the decks of the "classic" X-Men characters for a while and just have a main team made up of the younger characters for a while. A mix of the New Mutants, Generation X and New X-Men generations (plus, probably, Kitty. She's kind of her own thing). Just a chance to let them be the grown-ups and run the show for a little while. Because we'll probably never see the "Next Generation of X-Men" become X-Men for good, so an isolated run might be the best we can get.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by President Togekiss View Post
    A 'totally canny' (not at all UNcanny) X-Men team consisting of folks like Amanda Sefton, Danger, Tom Corsi, Captain Britain (Brian), Hepzibah, Corsair and various other maybe/maybe not 'mutants' like Warlock, Longshot and Bird-Brain could be amusing. Sort of the 'mutant allies' team.

That said, Children of the Atom seems to be covering at least some of that niche, albeit with new characters, which has given it a bit of a rougher start, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    It's limited to the X-men. Colossus, Wolverine, Rogue—I just don't like the look. It definitely stems from the fact that they're supposed to be wearing "team uniforms". The yellows don't help much either. I much prefer when individual superheroes have wholly unique costumes
    When it comes to X-men costumes there's also the fact that creators can't get over their own nostalgia..it seems every time there's a little progress in modernizing costumes (take Colossus and Nightcrawler in the San Francisco era for instance) the next creator comes and wipes it away and takes us back to the 70s/80s..especially with the ANAD crew..even now Banshee, Colossus, Nightcrawler..wearing those same outdated costumes

Over and over we're back to underwear on the outside of the pants, pirate boots, pointy shoulders, one piece bathing suits

When they show up next to other Marvel characters in modern crossovers etc, wearing these things, they look completely ridiculous and out of place..it's humiliating to me as a fan of these characters.

I don't remember what it was but they showed up in something during Gold when Guggs was writing (I don't remember what it was because I'm actively trying to forget that time)..there's all these characters wearing cool, modernized costumes and they showed up in the Gold uniforms (which are basically the original costumes)..and I just remember thinking if this were being written in any kind of real way, when the other heroes turned and saw that they showed up, their first reactions would've been laughter, followed up by "what the f@$k are you guys even wearing??..you look completely ridiculous"
    Last edited by ColossusFan; 07-11-2021 at 11:07 AM.

Yeah I can't stand to see women in bathing suit costumes anymore. They look ridiculous. That's why I didn't like Storm's gala look. But I haven't seen men with underwear on the outside lately. That seems to have officially gone away thankfully.