Page 501 of 663 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 9936
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by President Togekiss View Post
    My take is probably very controversial, but here it comes:
    There should be more non-mutant X-men. Be them aliens, humans, inumans, mutates, whatever.
    While of course the majority of X-men should remain mutants, one of the things that I dislike about the way Marvel kind treats the X-men is that in X-books it seems like every human being that isn´t a mutant somehows hates the X-men. but realistically, there should be at least a few non-mutants who prefer the way the X-men do things over the Avengers.
    Have Skaar join X-Force, for example.
    But that goes against the X-Men as a cult theme they have going these days. The X-Men are pretty much snobs these days that only hang out with other mutants and only care about mutant issues. They are speciests to the worst degree. Why would any non mutant want to be on the team these days when they would probably be treated as 2nd class heroes because they are not pure mutant blood.

My opinion is that the only way to get the mutant part of the Marvel U out of the rut they are in now is to reveal that Xavier has been using his power to control and influence most of the mutants on Krakoa. I would even go so far back as to say he has been doing it more and more since "no More Mutants" happened in a panic to control what was happening. At this point it is time to just say it and run with it. Xavier is the new Magneto who thinks he knows best and has become a zealot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    But that goes against the X-Men as a cult theme they have going these days. The X-Men are pretty much snobs these days that only hang out with other mutants and only care about mutant issues. They are speciests to the worst degree. Why would any non mutant want to be on the team these days when they would probably be treated as 2nd class heroes because they are not pure mutant blood.
    I don’t know about this, X-Men #1 is pretty much all about saving humans.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Yeah I can't stand to see women in bathing suit costumes anymore. They look ridiculous. That's why I didn't like Storm's gala look. But I haven't seen men with underwear on the outside lately. That seems to have officially gone away thankfully.
    Well, Colossus basically just wears underwear...I guess you can look at his whole get up as basically a one piece bathing suit..either way..pointy shoulders, underwear, and knee high pirate boots.. I cannot think of a costume that is more ridiculous than his..I'm sure there are others but his has to be at the top of the list..I can deal with it when I go back and read the early stuff..it was a product of it's time..but that time is long gone..like decades gone..to see him still in it to this day?..it's humiliating to me as a fan of the character

All the comic fan friends I have just laugh at it..I mean they see how ridiculous it is that it's still a thing and they have sympathy for me and all that..they've seen how disappointed I am everytime it comes back..and it doesn't hurt my feelings or anything, I agree with them, it should be laughed at..but man..I wish it would change..if they'd just put him back in that Manifest Destiny era costume/ Contest of Champions mobile game costume you don't know how happy I'd be..fade and the beard (beard not as important) in a costume like that and I'm set

And of course I'd like to see many other X-men characters get updated and modernized too

Banshee's pop collar, v-neck, 70s side burns needs to go..Nightcrawler's pointy shoulder, skimpy banana hammock leotard over the black spandex needs to go...Jean's 60's skirt costume needs to go..that pink' deep v neck terrible costume that what's his name and his old teammates have been wearing in Hellions..yeah, they need to go..

So many..

One piece bathing suits, underwear, pirate boots..

All of this stuff needs to go and never come back
    Last edited by ColossusFan; 07-11-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    Well, Colossus basically just wears underwear...I guess you can look at his whole get up as basically a one piece bathing suit..either way..pointy shoulders, underwear, and knee high pirate boots.. I cannot think of a costume that is more ridiculous than his..I'm sure there are others but his has to be at the top of the list..I can deal with it when I go back and read the early stuff..it was a product of it's time..but that time is long gone..like decades gone..to see him still in it to this day?..it's humiliating to me as a fan of the character

All the comic fan friends I have just laugh at it..I mean they see how ridiculous it is that it's still a thing and they have sympathy for me and all that..they've seen how disappointed I am everytime it comes back..and it doesn't hurt my feelings or anything, I agree with them, it should be laughed at..but man..I wish it would change..if they'd just put him back in that Manifest Destiny era costume/ Contest of Champions mobile game costume you don't know how happy I'd be..fade and the beard (beard not as important) in a costume like that and I'm set

And of course I'd like to see many other X-men characters get updated and modernized too

Banshee's pop collar, v-neck, 70s side burns needs to go..Nightcrawler's pointy shoulder, skimpy banana hammock leotard over the black spandex needs to go...Jean's 60's skirt costume needs to go..that pink' deep v neck terrible costume that what's his name and his old teammates have been wearing in Hellions..yeah, they need to go..

So many..

One piece bathing suits, underwear, pirate boots..

All of this stuff needs to go and never come back
    I think a big problem with Colossus is artists forget he has a powered and non powered up look. What look ok when he is steeled up looks laughable when he is not. The man needs pants. Something like the ultimate look was the best because he looked good armored and unarmoured.

Agreed..

And pants for sure..

He doesn't need shoulder pads or armor..he is armor (gotta have those shoulders out)

I actually like to imagine him in something like his Manifest Destiny look but in Black and Red and minus the bracers that take up way too much of his forearms..which is actually very similar to the Ultimate look..especially the torso..just minus the belt get up..and I think black just makes the armored look pop even more
    Last edited by ColossusFan; 07-11-2021 at 12:59 PM.

download.jpeg

Imagine something like this with a tweak or two..but black (instead of the yellow) and red..and no or way smaller bracers so most of the arms are exposed

(Hopefully I added the image right)

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    And you're right on the money that there's too many humans that are portrayed as fanatically anti-mutant.
    Agreed..

The real problem with this is that the other side of humanity is almost never shown in X-books (which is completely unrealistic to believe doesn't exist)..and that's the reason why forums like this are full of fans under the impression that all of humanity, in the Marvel universe, is anti-mutant..hence a lot of the dumb anti-human fan rhetoric..which this era just brings out in spades

Agreed..

The real problem with this is that the other side of humanity is almost never shown in X-books (which is completely unrealistic to believe doesn't exist)..and that's the reason why forums like this are full of fans under the impression that all of humanity, in the Marvel universe, is anti-mutant..hence a lot of the dumb anti-human fan rhetoric..which this era just brings out in spades
    The humans haven’t to be pro or against the mutants: they have their own interests to defend and their own point of view.
    The mutants (the bad ones) got a lot their names out… They made a lot of damage.
    And the humans probably don’t care anymore if the super-villain has a X-gene or not.
    Hence the relief when the X-men, the mutants have disappeared at Disassembled…

It’s what I liked in the serie, the Agents of Shield: the humans were less considered as extras and more a part of the story.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Ultimate Member

Agreed..

It's kind of why we *needed* a book like Children of the Atom, to show the other side, not just people 'okay' with mutants or grudgingly acceding to their right to exist, but actual *fans* of mutants.

More allies and supporters and friends and family would definitely be a nice step, though. The majority of mutants still have human families, and some of them have been portrayed as supportive over the years (and others have been killed off to pump events and threats that are long forgotten, unfortunately...).

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Except for the law Kill no Human,
    Except for Shogo living with Jubilee,
    Except for Kyle living with Northstar on Krakoa,
    Except for the Braddocks interacting in Excalibur and Brian being personally invited to Krakoa by Apocalypse at the beginning of the series,
    Except for the humans working with mutant companies (attacked and investigated in early X-Force),
    Except for all the countries eager to work with the mutants (China and Sokovia as shown in X-Force),
    Except for damn near everything Xavier said at the Davos conference,
    Except for the boatload of refugees Magneto and the Marauders rescued and relocated to the old Island M in the Bermuda Triangle during King in Black,
    Except for the Moira MacTaggert Memorial hospital in Madripoor (open to all free of charge regardless of species),
    Except for the Morlocks defending the inhabitants of Lowtown in Madripoor from the Reavers and Hominus Verendi,
    Except for S.W.O.R.D.
    Except for the whole premise of the new team of X-Men

Hmmm seems to be a whole lot of exceptions there.
    Yes, the focus was on Mutants at a time when the central theme of the books was on creating a mutant nation, but even then there was ample evidence that the X-Men had not radically changed ideology. Yes, Krakoa is freely open to Mutants only, and not just anyone, but that doesn't make them any more speciest or elitist than, for example, Wakanda. Its also not like the mutants haven't barely survived multiple attempted genocides over the past few years, or attacks and attempted assassinations on the fledgling nation, or a globally mandated "cure" in the storyline immediately preceding HoX and DoX all of which justifies a certain degree of paranoia. The idea that the X-Men have become racist and intolerant requires taking things they said out of context and ignoring quite a bit of what has been directly shown or stated.

To an extent I'd sum thing up by quoting Ben Urich from the most recent issue of X-Men
    "If the mutants have some grand design for taking over the planet, their doing it with kindness, and we can always use more of that."

1.jpg
    Last edited by Kisinith; 07-11-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Just gonna say it, I hate the Moira X retcon. I can’t help but feel that it takes away from the X-Men mythos rather than adding to it especially with how important of a human ally to mutantkind that she was. To have made her a mutant takes away from the significance.

Hickman's story for the X-men is no longer his but rather dictated by committee. Hickman will eventually leave marvel and the initial hox/pox storyline will be dropped as the driving story line but the x-office will provide a smattering of links to keep the x-fans satiated while they drain your wallets. eventually after a future reboot it will go back to the same mediocre bs we got since the end of uncanny 544 and x-men/legacy 275.
    Marvel and DC comics are no different than the food at McDonalds. It will fill you up but in the end bad for your health. Read more independent publishers. Get away from the corporate homogenous cookie cutter fast food comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Just gonna say it, I hate the Moira X retcon. I can’t help but feel that it takes away from the X-Men mythos rather than adding to it especially with how important of a human ally to mutantkind that she was. To have made her a mutant takes away from the significance.
    Completely agree

Agreed..

Yeah, it can get to be a little insufferable, we need more nuance.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.