Page 502 of 668 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 10014

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Just gonna say it, I hate the Moira X retcon. I can’t help but feel that it takes away from the X-Men mythos rather than adding to it especially with how important of a human ally to mutantkind that she was. To have made her a mutant takes away from the significance.
    Yeah, how this narrative turns out will ultimately determine whether that retcon was worth it or not.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by ospfwildcard View Post
    Hickman's story for the X-men is no longer his but rather dictated by committee. Hickman will eventually leave marvel and the initial hox/pox storyline will be dropped as the driving story line but the x-office will provide a smattering of links to keep the x-fans satiated while they drain your wallets. eventually after a future reboot it will go back to the same mediocre bs we got since the end of uncanny 544 and x-men/legacy 275.
    I looked it up, and it certainly seems that the X-Office is acknowledging that they've moved away from Hickman's original plans, or at least the original pace. Now, maybe there'll be some great developments, but it's just as likely that the narrative will fly off the rails.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Just gonna say it, I hate the Moira X retcon. I can’t help but feel that it takes away from the X-Men mythos rather than adding to it especially with how important of a human ally to mutantkind that she was. To have made her a mutant takes away from the significance.
    I'll repeat: Moira was so relevant that she was dead and forgotten for 20 years. Her contribution was so great it had been years she was even mentioned, and she was killed off in a forgotten story in a filler run. Now she's the most important person on Earth, an equal to Xavier and Magneto in importance to mutantkind.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'll repeat: Moira was so relevant that she was dead and forgotten for 20 years. Her contribution was so great it had been years she was even mentioned, and she was killed off in a forgotten story in a filler run. Now she's the most important person on Earth, an equal to Xavier and Magneto in importance to mutantkind.
    Well..that's not anyone's fault but the writers over that time..it's not like characters coming back from the dead in comics wasn't already happening at that time all the time..and you have to be able to see how that might take away from some of the history for some people..she was a pretty relevant non-mutant in the books for a long time..which is also a topic that was being talked about in this thread..the lack of non-mutants in X-books..

But I have been thinking on it a bit..and she only has a certain amount of lives right?..so technically her last life will be a normal (whatever that means), "non-mutant" (for all intents and purposes) life. So when she's on the last one, she'll live and she'll die and that will be it

Are we on the last one now?..I don't even know at this point

Astonishing Member

She was more relevant than perhaps any other non-mutant human in the X-Men books. She lasted longer than any of them and made more repeat appearances. I mean, think of all the human supporting cast members who've essentially disappeared. Peter Corbeau, Candy Southern, Lee Forester, Charlotte Jones, Stevie Hunter, Valerie Cooper, Kavita Rao and probably a dozen more. Basically all we have left is Northstar's husband Kyle and Jubilee's son Shogo. And it's easy to forget the first and a number of people want Jubilee to ditch the second.

Let's not mince words. The reason that Moira is so relevant now is because they made her a mutant and there was always this underlying vibe of "Humans aren't relevant in X-Men comics unless they're antagonists". They never said it out loud but it was there. And it's especially true when there are mutant characters who can provide what the human character would (Why use Moira or Kavita Rao when Beast can do science stuff? Why have Charlotte Jones of the NYPD around when Bishop or Multiple Man can be the detective? etc). It ultimately goes against their whole coexistence thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    She was more relevant than perhaps any other non-mutant human in the X-Men books. She lasted longer than any of them and made more repeat appearances. I mean, think of all the human supporting cast members who've essentially disappeared. Peter Corbeau, Candy Southern, Lee Forester, Charlotte Jones, Stevie Hunter, Valerie Cooper, Kavita Rao and probably a dozen more. Basically all we have left is Northstar's husband Kyle and Jubilee's son Shogo. And it's easy to forget the first and a number of people want Jubilee to ditch the second.

Let's not mince words. The reason that Moira is so relevant now is because they made her a mutant and there was always this underlying vibe of "Humans aren't relevant in X-Men comics unless they're antagonists". They never said it out loud but it was there. And it's especially true when there are mutant characters who can provide what the human character would (Why use Moira or Kavita Rao when Beast can do science stuff? Why have Charlotte Jones of the NYPD around when Bishop or Multiple Man can be the detective? etc). It ultimately goes against their whole coexistence thing.
    And everything you've described here is why I want more humans in the X-Books.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

And meanwhile characters like Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy have been dead for decades yet are major aspects to the mythos of Spider-Man. A character doesn’t have to be alive to be important and just because a character has been made important in a current story doesn’t mean that a change isn’t reductive. Moira X is so far divorced from who Moira was that you could literally replace her with an original character and the only thing that would be remotely different would be you wouldn’t have the ‘what a twist’ moment of revealing that she’s been a mutant all along.

I rather more mutants in human books. Even now the mutant books still have more humans than the human books have mutants.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I rather more mutants in human books. Even now the mutant books still have more humans than the human books have mutants.
    That would be fine too. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

My unpopular opinion: the fandom sucks. As do most fandoms. I get tired of seeing the wokesters and the trumpers always act like the comic industry belongs to them. A lot of us are just happy to have a place to escape every month without having to deal with stranger’s bias and baggage being brought here and the rest of the internet.

P.S. on an unrelated unpopular opinion- people often like to accuse people online that if they are offended or get upset at people’s actions online they shouldn’t be on the internet. I am a firm believer that the opposite is true. If you are constantly on forums, social media, and youtube comments with the intention of pissing people off then, my friend, the internet is not for you.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I looked it up, and it certainly seems that the X-Office is acknowledging that they've moved away from Hickman's original plans, or at least the original pace. Now, maybe there'll be some great developments, but it's just as likely that the narrative will fly off the rails.
    Is moving away from Hickman's original plans a good thing?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Damn, Jwat! You on fire.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That will never happen because the xeditors won't allow it. They treat mutants like Pokémon in they have to catch them all!!! If you look they have over the years swallowed up every non x mutant in the mcu and now have controlled over almost every mutant character ever created. They have no interest in sharing their toys with anyone regardless if they are using the characters or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That will never happen because the xeditors won't allow it. They treat mutants like Pokémon in they have to catch them all!!! If you look they have over the years swallowed up every non x mutant in the mcu and now have controlled over almost every mutant character ever created. They have no interest in sharing their toys with anyone regardless if they are using the characters or not.
    Shang Chi # 3 is scheduled to have several mutants in it. Wolverine and a new one.

https://www.gamesradar.com/shang-chi...lem-with-that/

issue one and 2 were great so i'm definitely looking forward to three.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    Is moving away from Hickman's original plans a good thing?
    It's probably too early to tell; I remember liking HoX/PoX but disliking X-Men and New Mutants, so I'm not sure how much of the good or the bad was Hickman or not. I want to say that it's probably bad, but we'll see.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.