Page 503 of 655 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 9824
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'll repeat: Moira was so relevant that she was dead and forgotten for 20 years. Her contribution was so great it had been years she was even mentioned, and she was killed off in a forgotten story in a filler run. Now she's the most important person on Earth, an equal to Xavier and Magneto in importance to mutantkind.
    I would say she's only important for the current plot. She's definitely relevant again but that's mainly because she serves as a plot device. I'm not sure that's entirely better than being dead. Hopefully her use is improved and she develops more as a character instead of appearing for plot changing events/moments.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I would say she's only important for the current plot. She's definitely relevant again but that's mainly because she serves as a plot device. I'm not sure that's entirely better than being dead. Hopefully her use is improved and she develops more as a character instead of appearing for plot changing events/moments.
    You got a point here. I think that only time will tell.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, Moira as a character is about as important (and well served) as Wanda was to House of M. She kickstarted the whole shebang, which required a total shift to how her character is perceived, but has since then mattered not in the slightest.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think Inferno will change this because Moira will become an active participant on the story.

"To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think Inferno will change this because Moira will become an active participant on the story.

I just don't like that hand on Kurt.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    What hands?
    Mystical holding his arm or Ororo going for his butt? Or kitty...Kitty wtf?
    <unconsciousness does not mean consent >
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 07-12-2021 at 03:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And meanwhile characters like Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy have been dead for decades yet are major aspects to the mythos of Spider-Man. A character doesn’t have to be alive to be important and just because a character has been made important in a current story doesn’t mean that a change isn’t reductive. Moira X is so far divorced from who Moira was that you could literally replace her with an original character and the only thing that would be remotely different would be you wouldn’t have the ‘what a twist’ moment of revealing that she’s been a mutant all along.
    Yes, but Moira was no Gwen Stacy or Uncle Ben. She didn't matter thr slightest when she was dead. And if Moira X was a new character, the exact same people complaining about her use would whine that a new character was suddenly as important as Xavier and Magneto and Hickman should have used an existing character insread.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    lmao i was just thinking the same about Storm. Hopefully kurt doesn't pass a teleport. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yes, but Moira was no Gwen Stacy or Uncle Ben. She didn't matter thr slightest when she was dead. And if Moira X was a new character, the exact same people complaining about her use would whine that a new character was suddenly as important as Xavier and Magneto and Hickman should have used an existing character insread.
    In a way, Moira X is a new character. She hasn’t much in common with the “old Moira”.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Krakoa is good. People need to get over the idea that it's some cautionary tale about how mutants shouldn't get to be happy and powerful, or that they're all brainwashed clones acting OOC or whatever. HOX was years ago already. They're not gonna basically retcon away an entire era.

Also: Xavier/Magneto/Moira/some of the Quiet Council being shady doesn't mean Krakoa is bad and needs to be taken down. Does anyone ever say that a country should... Cease to exist as a country because the president and/or the government is corrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Krakoa is good. People need to get over the idea that it's some cautionary tale about how mutants shouldn't get to be happy and powerful, or that they're all brainwashed clones acting OOC or whatever. HOX was years ago already. They're not gonna basically retcon away an entire era.

Also: Xavier/Magneto/Moira/some of the Quiet Council being shady doesn't mean Krakoa is bad and needs to be taken down. Does anyone ever say that a country should... Cease to exist as a country because the president and/or the government is corrupt?
    There's a lot of people that don't like Krakoa because they think X-men should be forever half a dozen mutants sitting in a mansion, begging the world to like them.

blah blah blah.

somethings it's better to forget. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-12-2021 at 07:12 AM. Reason: wasn't worth it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Yes, as there’re several countries today that people say should cease to exist just because of corrupt governments and officials. Though concerning Krakoa it’s government setup needs to be scrapped at replaced and be more inviting to outsiders at least concerning human/ non-mutant visitation. Also just having three laws is lacking in moral guidance, even if WoX is exploring this.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 07-12-2021 at 07:35 AM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

There's a lot of people that don't like Krakoa because they think X-men should be forever half a dozen mutants sitting in a mansion, begging the world to like them.
    There are people who don't like it because it is the magical plot device land where writers can just do whatever they want and use Krakoa as their excuse. The books literaly have no stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    There are people who don't like it because it is the magical plot device land where writers can just do whatever they want and use Krakoa as their excuse. The books literaly have no stakes.
    I don't think you know what literally means. Or stakes for that matter.