Page 51 of 657 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Aw, I liked Shinobi. This seems like the place to admit it (if I haven't already). I think he had a lot of potential. He wasn't as violent as the rest of the Upstarts and some of what he was doing was to protect his mother. There was also a hint of two that he wasn't as much of a drunkard as he acted. I wanted to know more!
    the only thing I found a bit interesting about Shinobi is he was probably the son of Leland.

That was cool, too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    the only thing I found a bit interesting about Shinobi is he was probably the son of Leland.
    I liked that he always gave me Bisexual or Pan sexual vibes.. TBH thinking back he is pre Dakken..

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I liked that he always gave me Bisexual or Pan sexual vibes.. TBH thinking back he is pre Dakken..
    Pretty sure that was intentional. There was an infamous I, Claudius reference, IIRC.

Astonishing Member

for me he was an early symptom of a problem Marvel has which is thinking comics should only be about young handsome people.
    It was a first failed attempt to make the Hellfire Club cool and hip, something Aaron tried to do again (and failing again) with his super stupid Hellfire Club with little kids of Wolverine & the X-Men.

I can agree with that. I hated those kids.

Edit: I always thought Shinobi worked better with X-Force than the X-men, because he was more their age and they were all trying to get out from the shadows of their predecessors.
    Last edited by Arachne; 02-13-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Mighty Member

I loved those kids... Unpopular opinion?

Mighty Member

Edit: I always thought Shinobi worked better with X-Force than the X-men, because he was more their age and they were all trying to get out from the shadows of their predecessors.
    I liked him with Cordelia.. I am still pissed we dont know what her powers are and we have just speculated that she is a empath for the last 20 plus years.. makes no sense.. Also where is Astrid bloom.. She needs to come back and stalk Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I loved those kids... Unpopular opinion?
    Very.

I liked him with Cordelia.. I am still pissed we dont know what her powers are and we have just speculated that she is a empath for the last 20 plus years.. makes no sense.. Also where is Astrid bloom.. She needs to come back and stalk Emma.
    So many dropped characters. I wish more writers would use what they've already got instead of creating their own pets.

Bishop was NEVER interesting or compelling.

Magneto is worse than the Nazis who kept him (not the entire Nazis party, but those who actually imprisoned him).

Only a couple people should have Wolverine's exact powerset (him, sabertooth, x23).

Jean Grey isn't a mutant Jesus Christ.

Professor X shouldn't ever be allowed to run the X-men again. He was more deceitful than their enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by darthblinx View Post
    Bishop was NEVER interesting or compelling.

Magneto is worse than the Nazis who kept him (not the entire Nazis party, but those who actually imprisoned him).

Only a couple people should have Wolverine's exact powerset (him, sabertooth, x23).

Professor X shouldn't ever be allowed to run the X-men again. He was more deceitful than their enemies
    Truly a masterpiece
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

Quote Originally Posted by darthblinx View Post

Lol at first I read that as Jean Grey isnt a mutant. Jesus Christ!

It's okay for an X-Man to become an Avenger.

Mighty Member

Very.

So many dropped characters. I wish more writers would use what they've already got instead of creating their own pets.
    I love a lot of unpopular things, it seems... oh god am I an unintentional hipster?! I'm having an identity crisis now... But I was having those since before they got cool.

The flip side of the dropped character argument is if authors didn't try to create, those characters you want used never get invented in the first place.. I'm sure you realize that, just pointing it out..
    It also brings up the question of where do you put the cutoff? Do you only use characters from Giant Sized X Men #1 and older? From now on? Somewhere else?

Astonishing Member

If I had to resurrect Shinobi I'd do it like this

Shaw resurrects him
    He does it because that is his (Shaw's) revenge
    He tells Shinobi that he is not his son, that he was Leland's son, that he has inherited nothing, and has to start from 0 like a poor person.
    Then teleports him to a terrible place like North Korea or Latveria.

The real successor of Shaw should be Anthony Shaw. A still unborn son who should be the father of Trevor Fitzroy.