Page 52 of 669 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152552 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    The flip side of the dropped character argument is if authors didn't try to create, those characters you want used never get invented in the first place.. I'm sure you realize that, just pointing it out..
    It also brings up the question of where do you put the cutoff? Do you only use characters from Giant Sized X Men #1 and older? From now on? Somewhere else?
    Yep, I realize that, that's why I said more writers, not all writers. I also meant from now on. There's so many characters, though, that I'd be content with them just focusing on the adults for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    If I had to resurrect Shinobi I'd do it like this

Shaw resurrects him
    He does it because that is his (Shaw's) revenge
    He tells Shinobi that he is not his son, that he was Leland's son, that he has inherited nothing, and has to start from 0 like a poor person.
    Then teleports him to a terrible place like North Korea or Latveria.

The real successor of Shaw should be Anthony Shaw. A still unborn son who should be the father of Trevor Fitzroy.
    He already suspects he's Leland's son, so that's no big deal, and he could probably make a case for inheriting Leland's fortune. (Also, Shinobi has the skills to make his own fortune. Remember, he stole Sebastian's companies out from under him before the "murder", although he probably had insider advantages.) Given his powers, unless you have him teleported to another dimension, he could probably just walk out. I could see Shaw resurrecting him just to torture him (well, maybe, I'm not sure Shaw's the type to waste time on revenge), but that plan wouldn't work so well.

I have no problem with Anthony Shaw being born, but would Sebastian treat him any better than Shinobi?

My unpopular (but to some, they may be popular) opinions:

1) I actually really like Guggenheim's writing and X-Men Gold is my favorite comic at the moment.

2) I hate all the X-Men Universe movies except for Deadpool. I especially hated Halle Berry's portrayal of Storm.

3) I love that Iceman has come out as gay and I hope that he and Daken will become a couple.

4) I really hate all the Wolverine type characters running around.

5) I hate that the O5 are still running around the universe (along with Bloodstorm and Jimmy).

6) I hate the constant resizing of characters' busts (ie: Rogue). Just keep them big.

7) I hate Kitty Pryde having short hair.

8) I love Rachel having the code name of Prestige and I like her recent costumes.

9) I really don't like Laura using the Wolverine codename.

10) I loved the Havok and Wasp relationship and would love to see this revisited.

11) I hate how Dazzler was changed for A-Force (though I was just very happy to see her being utilized). I want to see her come back and become the potential president that Bendis wrote into his stories.

12) I want Storm and Black Panther back together.

13) I love that Kitty and Colossus are getting married.

14) I want Scott to be back alive and I want a real official juicy love triangle (square?) story to take place between Logan, Jean, Scott, and Emma. Like, instead of just inuendos, off panel things, or passive aggressive behavior - let's just dive right in and give us an official story with characters actually expressing emotions and fighting over or with each other.

15) I was enjoying Rogue's flirtation with Human Torch, and while I am a Rogue/Gambit fan, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing a Rogue/Human Torch relationship.

16) Bring back Sage.

17) Get a writer who is invested in characters like Polaris and Dazzler and give them the attention that Rogue and Psylocke got in the 90's, so that characters like Polaris and Dazzler will become more mainstream.

That's all I can think of right now. I might be adding to this list later.
    Last edited by Shadowcat99; 02-15-2018 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post
    3) I love that Iceman has come out as gay and I hope that he and Daken will become a couple.
    I want to ask everyone who ship Bobby/Daken this simple question: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

I'm not even joking, like seriously, why? Daken is a monster. Why do you want our sweet Bobby with him of all people? If it's supposed to be a joke, it stopped being funny since the third time, at least to me. If it's supposed to be serious, then I don't know what to tell you.

Like, this is exactly as bad as say, I don't know, Kitty Pryde/Sabertooth. Does that sound good in any freaking way?!
    Oh f$%k, that Kitty/Sabertooth thing kind of happened in X-Men: Forever, didn't it? Just more and more reason to hate X-Men: Forever.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I want to ask everyone who ship Bobby/Daken this simple question: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

I'm not even joking, like seriously, why? Daken is a monster. Why do you want our sweet Bobby with him of all people? If it's supposed to be a joke, it stopped being funny since the third time, at least to me. If it's supposed to be serious, then I don't know what to tell you.

Like, this is exactly as bad as say, I don't know, Kitty Pryde/Sabertooth. Does that sound good in any freaking way?!
    Oh f$%k, that Kitty/Sabertooth thing kind of happened in X-Men: Forever, didn't it? Just more and more reason to hate X-Men: Forever.
    I don't recall Sabretooth & Kitty, other than an Uncanny X-Men Annual where he made teasing comments toward her. I recall Sabretooth x Quake in X-Men Forever. Either way, I was cool with Quake & Sabretooth. Because Claremont's plan was for Sabretooth to be redeemable. Like the Morlock massacre. If Claremont had his say, that would've been a clone, not the real Creed. But what he wanted didn't come to fruition once he left X-Men.

I'm not a Daken fan, so I can't defend him personally. Closest I could do is use my pairing of Sabretooth x Monet as a comparison point.

As a Sabretooth fan, I was happy he seemed to have something coming with Monet. But most found it disgusting for one reason or another. I liked it being Sabretooth was a decent guy at the time, they had a fun dynamic, and he clearly seemed to genuinely care for her. Yeah, Creed has a BAD history with many women, but that wasn't the relationship he had with Monet. It was closer to how he was with Bonnie. So Daken fans probably feel the same. If Daken is an anti-hero now, and he's not being a monster toward Bobby, but instead showing positive feelings or concern for him, then it's welcome by his fans.

No different than people who love Buffy with Spike or Angel -both of whom slaughtered, tortured, and possibly raped countless people for 200+ years. Spike attacked & tried to rape Buffy, and their relationship was very abusive & disgusting in season 6. But they're still an iconic & beloved pairing. Hell, they're currently in a relationship in the comics with Buffy's friends being cheerleaders for it.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-15-2018 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I don't recall Sabretooth & Kitty, other than an Uncanny X-Men Annual where he made teasing comments toward her. I recall Sabretooth x Quake in X-Men Forever. Either way, I was cool with Quake & Sabretooth. Because Claremont's plan was for Sabretooth to be redeemable. Like the Morlock massacre. If Claremont had his say, that would've been a clone, not the real Creed. But what he wanted didn't come to fruition once he left X-Men.

I'm not a Daken fan, so I can't defend him personally. Closest I could do is use my pairing of Sabretooth x Monet as an example.

As a Sabretooth fan, I was happy he seemed to have something coming with Monet. But most found it disgusting for one reason or another. I liked it being Sabretooth was a decent guy at the time, they had a fun dynamic, and he clearly seemed to genuinely care for her. Yeah, Creed has a BAD history with many women, but that wasn't the relationship he had with Monet. It was closer to how he was with Bonnie. So Daken fans probably feel the same. If Daken is an anti-hero now, and he's not being a monster toward Bobby, but instead showing positive feelings or concern for him, then it's welcome by his fans.

No different than people who love Buffy with Spike or Angel -both of whom slaughtered, tortured, and possibly raped countless people for 200+ years. Spike attacked & tried to rape Buffy, and their relationship was very abusive & disgusting in season 6. But they're still an iconic & beloved pairing. Hell, they're currently in a relationship in the comics with Buffy's friends being cheerleaders for it.
    Never watched Buffy. So... seriously? Those are the love interests?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Never watched Buffy. So... seriously? Those are the love interests?
    Well they're vampires, and didn't have souls. Angelus was cursed with a soul by a gypsy. So he got his humanity back, with the price that if he ever experiences true happiness, he'd lose his soul & become Angelus again. Inverted Sabretooth was modeled after him. So Angel is a genuinely good person. But Angelus, his pre-soul self, was horrendous. Buffy started a relationship with Angel, who was very devoted and good to her. But his crimes as Angelus are not wiped away. But Angel is basically like a different entity all together. I shipped these two.

Similar with Spike. Had no soul, and no humanity. He eventually had a chip put in his head to keep him from harming humans. He fought along side the protagonists killing other vampires & demons because it's all his chip allowed him to harm. Buffy started a relationship with him when she was suffering PSTD and he still had no soul. So they had a lot of sex -the entire relationship initiated by Buffy. Buffy physically abused Spike, which Vampires don't really care about since it's foreplay for them. She even says that hitting Spike is like 3rd base to him. She also refused to show him respect, used him for sex, and responded violently to his love confession. In turn, Spike emotionally abused her -telling her she was evil and trying to pull her away from her friends to have to himself. When she starts trying to get better, she calls off their relationship & treats Spike respectfully for the first time. Spike eventually caves and tries to rape her, but she fights him off. The event results in him choosing to go get a soul, and starting up a redemption arc for him in season 7 where Buffy starts trusting him again.

Daken & Bobby or Creed & Monet are a HELL of a lot better than Spike & Buffy.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-15-2018 at 07:15 AM.

I mean...he and Johnny seemed to get along. Not that I actually ship him with anyone but supposedly he's trying to be better. Maybe he's turned over a new corpse, I mean leaf.

I actually kinda like Greg Land's artwork, don't think you could get more unpopular than that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I actually kinda like Greg Land's artwork, don't think you could get more unpopular than that lol
    I actually like a lot of Liefeld's work.

Sabertooth is cute in his own way.
    Marvel loves whitewashing Asian culture.
    Cyclops is literally always right. I can not think of the time. He's so fucking right.
    RightClops hasn't been a simp in #InTheComics about 15 years.
    He has been the most G mutant in the world for a long time.
    Once he got with Emma Frost he became so G that he made Magneto his underling.
    ClassicClops was a simp in movies, comics and cartoons. Always has been. His love for JEEEEAAAaan fucks up everything.
    If cyclops wasn't such a simp for Jean he would have been one of the baddest X-Men.. 90s Cyclops created an entire generation of kids thinking Cyclops is boring asshole that's never right. Even though in the decades before and since he's been shown to be the best team leader the X-Men have ever had.
    For reference: TykeClops aka whinnyBoy is a simp for Young Jeen. Greatest.Simp.of.All.Time
    They need to let that Phoenix shit go. That’s what ruined the last x men franchise. She kissed Cyclops to death and shit smh.
    Wolverine is a bigger simp than Cyclops. In Cyclops-Jean-Wolvie triangle he's Drake to Cyke to and Jean's Chris Brown and Rihanna.
    No one called namor a molester yet?
    I still think it's a dick move that Jean Grey forced Iceman's coming out. A person should come out only when THEY are in a comfortable, safe, & supportive environment. And only when THEY decide to. It's their decision and No one else's.
    idgaf what nobody says Jean Gray mindrapes people into a gay and
    forces gay men to come out whether they're ready or not. She pretty much goes into Bobby's head and days "Bobby... You're gay" he ends up crying and shit. young Jean Grey is a monster for ripping it out of his head and confronting. she thinks she has as much authority as anyone.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

I'm sorry, I thought the point of this thread was that we could post what we wanted without being questioned.

There is absolutely no reason why I need to justify why I like what I like, and therefore I wont.

Sabretooth was more like her grandfather in that, since he was Logan’s dad and she got stuck with Logan’s powers. Kitty and Gambit almost happened though. It was fucking weird, she was still a teenager. What’s with Claremont trying to put teenaged Kitty with adult males? What’s his deal?

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Kitty Pryde is self righteous, annoying, and loves to turn her back on the X-Men. Wolverine is trash in any and every incarnation, except the gay one. Beast has been experimenting on the kids to prevent them from aging.

They're the kind of people who think simply being gay is good enough for an entire relationship, because:
    "Oh, I have a friend that's gay, you should date."
    "They aren't my type."
    "But you're gay."
    "..sigh.."

Every time a writer mentions in an interview that they have a specific favorite point in the X-Men’s run and that they wanted to try and emulate it by having the same or similar cast, they failed. They failed as a fan of the X-Men and as a writer.

Nostalgia will kill the X-Men.