Page 53 of 668 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153553 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Every time a writer mentions in an interview that they have a specific favorite point in the X-Men’s run and that they wanted to try and emulate it by having the same or similar cast, they failed. They failed as a fan of the X-Men and as a writer.

Nostalgia will kill the X-Men.
    FUCKING HELL YES.

And whenever a writer tries to do something new with different lineups as part of a team that's apparently so familiar, people complain about it, so it seems more and more like writers are pressured to give in to fan pressure. Look at all the complaints around X-Men Red and New Mutants.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

I think Byrne Nostalgia killed the Alpha Flight books, nobody really cares about Marrina or Snowbird.
    Alpha Flight should have become explicitely an x-men spin off, with a mainly mutant cast like Jeffries or Wildchild. A book about a shady government recruiting and using mutants, not that different from Weapon X.

Quote Originally Posted by darthblinx View Post
    They're the kind of people who think simply being gay is good enough for an entire relationship, because:
    "Oh, I have a friend that's gay, you should date."
    "They aren't my type."
    "But you're gay."
    "..sigh.."
    Actually, at least when it comes to me, you're 100% wrong...I'm gay and I'm the one who posted that I want Daken with Iceman. Don't understand why in a thread where we were supposed to be able to post our opinions without judgement, so many people feel the need to judge. Please just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat99 View Post
    Actually, at least when it comes to me, you're 100% wrong...I'm gay and I'm the one who posted that I want Daken with Iceman. Don't understand why in a thread where we were supposed to be able to post our opinions without judgement, so many people feel the need to judge. Please just stop.
    If you want one of the most joyful and kind hearted members of the X-men to hook up with a sociopathic murderer who literally gutted a man in front of him.. go for it, I wasn't stopping you~

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

If you want one of the most joyful and kind hearted members of the X-men to hook up with a sociopathic murderer who literally gutted a man in front of him.. go for it, I wasn't stopping you~
    As another gay guy I think that hooking Bobby up with Daken is a mistake. There could be some attraction there because sure, Daken is hot, but Bobby doesn't have a hugely great history of relationships, and he's only dated one guy before. Sure, there's always dudes at first that are a mistake (and hoo boy, do I know that personally), but I think that Bobby is at least aware enough that he'd know better.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Great, thanks! I’m happy I have your permission.

Great, thanks! I’m happy I have your permission.

It's not like the point of forums is to bounce ideas around, like discussing pros and cons. I wasn't baiting you, I just wanted to see one pro versus the numerous cons~

It's not like the point of forums is to bounce ideas around, like discussing pros and cons. I wasn't baiting you, I just wanted to see one pro versus the numerous cons~
    I know, I understand. I was just getting frustrated because the point of this thread was that we were to post our UNPOPULAR opinions and not get judged or questioned for the way we feel and two of you directly came for me (one of which was insinuating I felt the way I felt b/c I don't understand the gay mind when, in fact, I am gay). If this were another thread that was about having a discussion about WHY we feel the way we feel, I would have gladly responded with my reasons...but I choose to NOT post in those types of threads anymore because I honestly don't care what anyone's opinions are of my opinions, lol. So, I get where you were coming from, but I hope you get where I was coming from as well. I literally did not want to discuss why I feel the way I feel, as I'm not trying to change anyone's mind and I'm not looking to have my mind changed. Hence why I posted in THIS thread. Honestly, no hard feelings.

Spectacular Member

Calm down, people!! As Shadowcat99 said, it's a place where people can post their opinions without judgement and ganging up. Plus, Iceman dated Mystique. Daken's nowhere near her sociopathic levels

Astonishing Member

This reminds me that no x-men seems to care much about Mystique being the killer of Moira McTaggert

I know, I understand. I was just getting frustrated because the point of this thread was that we were to post our UNPOPULAR opinions and not get judged or questioned for the way we feel and two of you directly came for me (one of which was insinuating I felt the way I felt b/c I don't understand the gay mind when, in fact, I am gay). If this were another thread that was about having a discussion about WHY we feel the way we feel, I would have gladly responded with my reasons...but I choose to NOT post in those types of threads anymore because I honestly don't care what anyone's opinions are of my opinions, lol. So, I get where you were coming from, but I hope you get where I was coming from as well. I literally did not want to discuss why I feel the way I feel, as I'm not trying to change anyone's mind and I'm not looking to have my mind changed. Hence why I posted in THIS thread. Honestly, no hard feelings.
    And you're right to not be required to explain anything to anyone. It's just certain controversial subjects lend themselves to questions. And no offense, it's just personal preference from my perspective to hear reasoning behind events and they don't even have to be good reasons.
    Anyhow, it's not like my controversial opinions are anymore valid than yours~

X-Men story only works when there are no other supers whatsoever except mutants in the entire X-universe.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Daken & Bobby or Creed & Monet are a HELL of a lot better than Spike & Buffy.
    Better then this other crappy plotpoint does not make it a good idea. Daken and Creed are not psychopathic serial killers and sexual predators because their souls were taken away or what have you, they did it as fully consciencous adults with as much choice behind how they lead their lives as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    So time to be unique snowflakes in a safe environment. No one agrees with the crowd 100% of the time. You probably like some character who isn't very popular or maybe you feel a sacred cow shouldn't be so sacred. Well, I'd be really interested in hearing from all of you on your views that might get challenged somewhere else, but can be expressed bluntly and fearlessly here.

Inspired by the Vulcan thread. I don't hate Vulcan and would like to see him return.
    I just wanted to repost the original post from this thread. It seems many have missed the point of this thread. The fact that any debating is going on is ridiculous. If you disagree with someone’s opinion in this thread, go debate it in one of the other trillion threads on this board that were created for such discussions...or create your own thread. The point of this thread is that people can post their unpopular opinions without being judged or questioned. The end.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Better then this other crappy plotpoint does not make it a good idea. Daken and Creed are not psychopathic serial killers and sexual predators because their souls were taken away or what have you, they did it as fully consciencous adults with as much choice behind how they lead their lives as anyone.
    Exiles Sabretooth was just as disgusting as our's, but yet nobody complains about him So I can't take the objections seriously. Because it seems like any disgusting character get be forgiven and have everyone on their heels so long as you don't SEE any of the stuff that did while evil. lol Just hearing about it, and them already being good is a free pass.

And again, if Deadpool can be accepted into the hero community, then people's standards aren't high, because he's not much better than Creed or Daken. Only thing is he doesn't kill children. But he's shown he gets pleasure in killing everything else.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-16-2018 at 05:44 AM.