Page 536 of 668 FirstFirst ... 36436486526532533534535536537538539540546586636 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 10013

Great, lets nerf all the powerful characters so that cyclops may look less useless
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Great, lets nerf all the powerful characters so that cyclops may look less useless
    Honestly, I'd rather hope for a reduction in omega level power discussions. Threads be merging together at this point.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I just want to see characters that have street level physicals treated as such, popularity be damned.

IE Logan routinely punches far above his weight class. Indestructible skeleton and healing factor or not, his physicals (strength, speed, etc.) are still only marginally above Peak Human, so I don't care WHAT publication history says, he should not be throwing down with high-end superhumans like Hulk. And yes, this goes for his ENTIRE family, including X-23.

It's as bad as Batman fighting Superman with only "prep" as justification.

For that matter, Healing Factors seriously need to be toned down across the board for anyone not named Deadpool. Maybe writers will even start writing Logan and Laura as having brains again, rather than just throwing them head-first into fights because they can just heal from the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I just want to see characters that have street level physicals treated as such, popularity be damned.

IE Logan routinely punches far above his weight class. Indestructible skeleton and healing factor or not, his physicals (strength, speed, etc.) are still only marginally above Peak Human, so I don't care WHAT publication history says, he should not be throwing down with high-end superhumans like Hulk. And yes, this goes for his ENTIRE family, including X-23.

For that matter, Healing Factors seriously need to be toned down across the board for anyone not named Deadpool. Maybe writers will even start writing Logan and Laura as having brains again, rather than just throwing them head-first into fights because they can just heal from the damage.
    I agree with you fully, lets face it, as things stands no one is more omega than Logan Howlett
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Being honest here? I find those convenient "mutant circuits" and "mutant magic" much worse than characters who are too powerful. At least the characters' powers follow some lose logic (it used to be much worse when they weren't as powerful). Can anyone explain what's Hope's role in the resurrection? I mean, explain it clearly clearly. 'Cause I've read the comics and the way I could explain it is mostly headcanon based on some stuff from previous comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Being honest here? I find those convenient "mutant circuits" and "mutant magic" much worse than characters who are too powerful. At least the characters' powers follow some lose logic (it used to be much worse when they weren't as powerful). Can anyone explain what's Hope's role in the resurrection? I mean, explain it clearly clearly. 'Cause I've read the comics and the way I could explain it is mostly headcanon based on some stuff from previous comics.
    I think when implemented well the circuits have a ton of potential, but like you said there isn’t always clarity around how it’s implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Speaking of brains.... getting punched by Hulk should give them such a concussion they'd be out for a week.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think when implemented well the circuits have a ton of potential, but like you said there isn’t always clarity around how it’s implemented.
    And often it's just a convenient excuse to have something happening in the story. That's what really bothers me about them.

EDIT: While with powerful characters, it's usually the other way around: what bothers me is when they conveniently *don't* use their powers so the conflict doesn't end too quickly.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 09-30-2021 at 12:47 PM.

I would actually like to see more Avengers/XMen conflicts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Smaller scale than AvX would actually be ok.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Marvel can't write hero vs hero events, it's past time they stop trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Marvel can't write hero vs hero events, it's past time they stop trying.
    Funny thing... despite being ACTUAL villains, the Acolytes did a better version of non-villainous antagonist than the Avengers did in AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Smaller scale than AvX would actually be ok.
    Well yeah, since we already had the large scale one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Hope is in the Marvel 'royal' family ,is all I can come up with.

Well yeah, since we already had the large scale one.
    They'd done conflicts with them before, just not as a mega-event... which kinda ruined it, since it meant the conflict had to be at an absurd scale for the story to work... but the conflict made no sense at that scale.