Page 537 of 668 FirstFirst ... 37437487527533534535536537538539540541547587637 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 10010
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Being honest here? I find those convenient "mutant circuits" and "mutant magic" much worse than characters who are too powerful. At least the characters' powers follow some lose logic (it used to be much worse when they weren't as powerful). Can anyone explain what's Hope's role in the resurrection? I mean, explain it clearly clearly. 'Cause I've read the comics and the way I could explain it is mostly headcanon based on some stuff from previous comics.
    I always found that it just comes off as pretentious. Like, surely Proteus can just do this on his own. The others just seem to be there to help.

Although, as for Hope, if I cared enough to need to justify this contraption, I would put forth that she is key in activating the X-gene in the new bodies.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I always found that it just comes off as pretentious. Like, surely Proteus can just do this on his own. The others just seem to be there to help.

Although, as for Hope, if I cared enough to need to justify this contraption, I would put forth that she is key in activating the X-gene in the new bodies.
    That's an explanation. But would it be needed, though? Once Tempo matures them to their teenager years and beyond, wouldn't it happen by itself?

But it's like you said: none of that is needed anyway. *shrug*

Once Death took mutants off her list there should be no need for resurrection protocols. At this point it would make the most sense if mutants did a little time in a version of purgatory or in the astral plane and then self reincarnated after a period. The only ones who should need to be brought back are those who died before death took them off the list.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

That's an explanation. But would it be needed, though? Once Tempo matures them to their teenager years and beyond, wouldn't it happen by itself?

But it's like you said: none of that is needed anyway. *shrug*
    The idea of what triggers the X-gene was always vague, other than typically occurring during puberty. It would be reasonable to think it is a genetic process so it would happen the same way every time, but there were stories where the activation was due to environmental factors so it cannot entirely be genetic.

And, yes, I felt like the 'technical manual to mutant powers and achieving higher functionality' was the worst part of this status quo.

Can anyone explain what's Hope's role in the resurrection?
    Hope can help regulate and boost powers, so she's probably buffing everyone else while they work. She also has a power to synch everyone in her group up. (It was a minor plot point in Generation Hope, Transonic thought of it as a form of brainwashing.) Basically, she makes the group stronger and run better as a unit. She's the glue that holds it all together.

I would not be so sure about that.

At least in the original stories the effects of his powers were quite localized and dissipated (i.e. things went back to normal) after a while.

Maybe this has changed since then, have not really kept up with the character.

BANNED

Banshee was underused, and he should have stayed an X-Man longer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

At least in the original stories the effects of his powers were quite localized and dissipated (i.e. things went back to normal) after a while.

Fair enough, I figured in this day and age no one seems to have any limits.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

The idea of what triggers the X-gene was always vague, other than typically occurring during puberty. It would be reasonable to think it is a genetic process so it would happen the same way every time, but there were stories where the activation was due to environmental factors so it cannot entirely be genetic.

And, yes, I felt like the 'technical manual to mutant powers and achieving higher functionality' was the worst part of this status quo.
    For most mutants, I’d say it’s probably a combination of stressors that can happen during trauma or puberty. Absent the trauma, puberty should be enough to trigger it, I’d say. But you’re right: it’s an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hope can help regulate and boost powers, so she's probably buffing everyone else while they work. She also has a power to synch everyone in her group up. (It was a minor plot point in Generation Hope, Transonic thought of it as a form of brainwashing.) Basically, she makes the group stronger and run better as a unit. She's the glue that holds it all together.
    Thanks. That’s more or less my headcanon too. But the fact it’s a headcanon makes me feel like everything is just convenient, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post

What about Elixir? Couldn’t he just resurrect people himself?

Incredible Member

Banshee was CRIMINALLY underused. With his power of flight, speed, destructive abilities, and related abilities like sonar, he should have been used as one of the most powerful of the new group. In addition, he had life experience, and even a career before joining, so he could have been portrayed as even more grounding then he was.
    Gen X was a good outing for him, prior to Counter x. I keep hoping for a comeback, but the poor guy just flew off after his last appearance.

You mean Elixir right? No he cant do it by himself. He can bring a person back from the dead, but there has to be remains/body for that to happen. The mutants dont have access to bodies of most of the resurrectees. Also even if he did have access, resurrecting a person has negative consequences on him. The scale at which Krakoa is bringing people back could drive him crazy or even kill him

What about Elixir? Couldn’t he just resurrect people himself?
    see above

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You mean Elixir right? No he cant do it by himself. He can bring a person back from the dead, but there has to be remains/body for that to happen. The mutants dont have access to bodies of most of the resurrectees. Also even if he did have access, resurrecting a person has negative consequences on him. The scale at which Krakoa is bringing people back could drive him crazy or even kill him

see above
    Doesn't his power require that he destroys as much as he heals? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It was established that none of the RP5 can accomplish resurrections effectively on their own. They need each other and Hope to make the process work efficiently.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Doesn't his power require that he destroys as much as he heals? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    Sorta the two facets of his powers balance each other. Small healing here and there doesnt require him to destroy but when he goes large scale, he is impacted and goes dark. UXM Annual from the Bunn run went into this. One of Hope's roles in the Resurrections is likely to stabilize him as he uses his powers as frequently as he has been

We need more mutant miniseries regardless of continuity.

I want a Cyclops, Hellion, Synch, Surge, etc mini to enjoy.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.