Page 538 of 673 FirstFirst ... 38438488528534535536537538539540541542548588638 ... LastLast
Results 8,056 to 8,070 of 10086
    Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You mean Elixir right? No he cant do it by himself. He can bring a person back from the dead, but there has to be remains/body for that to happen. The mutants dont have access to bodies of most of the resurrectees. Also even if he did have access, resurrecting a person has negative consequences on him. The scale at which Krakoa is bringing people back could drive him crazy or even kill him
    Thanks. But that's what cloned bodies are for. Maybe you could speed up the process by having Tempo maturing them.

Anyway... the point wasn't really Hope's power in the resurrection and the whole protocol itself. It's just an example how convenient it feels to me (just my opinion), that you can get characters with powers which are somewhat tangentially useful to your purpose, you call it a circuit and you write whatever you need.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 10-01-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post

Thanks. That’s more or less my headcanon too. But the fact it’s a headcanon makes me feel like everything is just convenient, you know?
    It's not headcanon. They state it outright in HoX/PoX

[spoiler]
    [/spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    It's not headcanon. They state it outright in HoX/PoX
    I should have written it more clearly. The headcanon part had to do with what you said about Generation Hope:

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Hope can help regulate and boost powers, so she's probably buffing everyone else while they work. She also has a power to synch everyone in her group up. (It was a minor plot point in Generation Hope, Transonic thought of it as a form of brainwashing.) Basically, she makes the group stronger and run better as a unit. She's the glue that holds it all together.
    I remember her influence on the Generation Hope group when they mentioned that, at first, the other members of the Five would get tired of performing the resurrections but as time passed they could do more of them in a day and they'd even feel invigorated (plus they were also getting closer to each other). It echoed a bit with those stories and her weird ability to somewhat control the Lights.

Anyway, I've read those issues, but thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    They'd done conflicts with them before, just not as a mega-event... which kinda ruined it, since it meant the conflict had to be at an absurd scale for the story to work... but the conflict made no sense at that scale.
    I don't see how. Seemed fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I don't see how. Seemed fine to me.
    AvX seemed fine to you? It didn't feel (to you) like nuclear over-kill reactions to every day superhero stuff?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Doesn't his power require that he destroys as much as he heals? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    For awhile his powers were out of whack, and he went all X-Force with the black skin (cause black means evil, doncha know), and had to feed his healing power by hurting stuff or something, but they backed away from that nonsense, and, knock on wood, it shall never be mentioned again... He's back to 'just' being an Omega healer/life manipulator.

It's so weird how various mutants have gained or lost powers as needed for this story to happen. Elixir has lost the ability to resurrect the (recently!) dead, or to re-empower depowered mutants, while Goldballz has gone from creating heavy metal spheres that he could create moving at high speed and chuck at people to making actual eggs, which, ugh, huge downgrade, IMO.

I guess if he could find someone able to make bacon, they could go open a breakfast cafe or something...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    We need more mutant miniseries regardless of continuity.

I want a Cyclops, Hellion, Synch, Surge, etc mini to enjoy.
    Don't know if any of these can carry a mini-series, though i don't know if those i would pick could either, but i'd like to see that too.

Just some series set in "basic" (mutants exist, are known to the world and there are some tensions/abuse against and from mutants, everything else is optional backround) X-men worlds, without the baggage of long and convulted continuity (of the world OR the characters), so the characters themself in their overall backrounds, personalities, traits, etc. can be used.

Cartoons, movies and video games have the freedom to use characters that way, why not self contained comics too?

Considering the whole thing would allready be an "experiment", Marvel could just aswell release them a bit experimental. Like make them inexpensive and sell them in the magazine/newspaper part of super markets or release new chapters uncolored for a week online for free (like in Webcomic format) and then sell them colored in trades.

See if these characters under good writers, free of continuity and in more accessible format can't actualy become sleeper hits.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I always found that it just comes off as pretentious. Like, surely Proteus can just do this on his own. The others just seem to be there to help.

Although, as for Hope, if I cared enough to need to justify this contraption, I would put forth that she is key in activating the X-gene in the new bodies.
    I have no problem with Hope , but to me her use on the 5 is nebulous , like all the others have some specific purpose but Hope is there to 'synergize'? Honestly sounds like a position crafted just to fit her in.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I have no problem with Hope , but to me her use on the 5 is nebulous , like all the others have some specific purpose but Hope is there to 'synergize'? Honestly sounds like a position crafted just to fit her in.
    Goldballs' goldballs actually being 'eggs' is already pretty 'convenient' and if they are eggs it makes no sense anyone has to make them 'viable' so there is another convenient role, but I think the original data pages on the subject make it more clear that it is not all the 5 are equally vital to the process, and Hope comes off as a shift manager keeping everyone on schedule more than actually doing anything make them work in unison since it feels like an assembly line process.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    AvX seemed fine to you? It didn't feel (to you) like nuclear over-kill reactions to every day superhero stuff?
    Not really, no. Why do you feel that way?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Thanks. But that's what cloned bodies are for. Maybe you could speed up the process by having Tempo maturing them.

Anyway... the point wasn't really Hope's power in the resurrection and the whole protocol itself. It's just an example how convenient it feels to me (just my opinion), that you can get characters with powers which are somewhat tangentially useful to your purpose, you call it a circuit and you write whatever you need.
    This is Chapter 2 of Comic Book Writing 101: Using Different Characters to Create a Cohesive Story.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-02-2021 at 06:28 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This is Chapter 2 of Comic Book Writing 101: Using Different Characters to Create a Cohesive Story.
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't imply using the characters in whatever way that makes few sense, especially when it doesn't actually create a cohesive story, but a convenient one. But I'm sure we can disagree on the standards we hold the books we consume.

Not really, no. Why do you feel that way?
    What would you rate AvX as a story then, 1-10?

I don't know, 6-7, why?

I don't know, 6-7, why?
    So which parts did you like?