Page 539 of 655 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549589639 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 9824

Cable vs. Iron Man and honestly I liked the idea with Hope.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    What would you rate AvX as a story then, 1-10?
    Story 5, Ray Romita art 1 ,Coipiel art 9, Kubert art 6. On the whole disappointing for me because the premise was great but the plot and action was iffy.
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-03-2021 at 12:21 PM.

All relationships in the Xmen are bad/boring. Scott/Emma, Scott/Jean, Storm/BP, Storm/Wolverine, Nightcrawler/Amanda and any other combo you can think of for any characters, they all suck. They suck so bad to the point where I don't even understand why people have preferences for certain pairings over others. I haven't liked one relationship in any X comic and I don't see that ever changing. They're all badly written and I would just as well would like to see the X office stop trying to include them in the comics.

Women superheroes in one piece bathing suits, thongs, or thigh high boots just look utterly ridiculous. It's horribly outdated and just looks bad. Men wearing underwear over their costumes looked equally ridiculous and have been rightfully phased out. They need to do the same for women in comics. That kind of superhero aesthetic needs to remain in the past. Every time they bring it back I cringe.

I am coming to the conclusion that x-factor Scott is my LEAST favorite Scott. I don't know how i missed it before but reading inferno i have to say, i am just not a fan of how he is written here. Even small things like jean wanting to go with him to save his son and it just comes off to me like a petty mentally to think Jean of all people wouldn't want to go with him to save his son because of what Maddie may have meant to him.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

One has to wonder, are mutants and demons destined to fight forever. It's really deep the fear that exists in demons that humanity via mutantdom will become too powerful for them to prey on. Couple that with Amenth/Arrako, Original Inferno, Magik/Belasco. It is so intriguing as evil as some humans seem to think mutants are this fear from demon kind adds such a interesting element in the fight for the soul.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    One has to wonder, are mutants and demons destined to fight forever. It's really deep the fear that exists in demons that humanity via mutantdom will become too powerful for them to prey on. Couple that with Amenth/Arrako, Original Inferno, Magik/Belasco. It is so intriguing as evil as some humans seem to think mutants are this fear from demon kind adds such a interesting element in the fight for the soul.
    Who exactly is meant with "mutants" and mutantdom here though?
    The entire collective of humans born with an x-gene and therefor heavily randomized super powers, in a mirror world based on our own modern civilization, or just the comparatively smaller number (we are talking about possibly less than a few hundred) of people among these mutants who have truely impressive or exceptional mutant powers?

Because as far as we can see the vast the majority of mutants (the average joes and janes who appear in backrounds or as random victims often without even showing their powers) are not really any more of a danger to demonic beings than unpowered humans, making them just as much endangered by them. Infact while their powers might not be much of a danger or hinderance to the demons, they might still actualy make them more valuable victims of demonic agression and planing.

So if we take "mutantdom" as a collective they are arguably just as likely going to be the victim of demons as normal humans are when exceptional individuals (hero characters) are not around.

Even the hyped up mutant community of Arrako has only a handfull of individuals to show as powerfull, while the entire collective seems to have been mostly cannon fodder who fought in never seen off-pannel battles against a mostly average "mindless horde" style army of demons (who i think look like N’garai rejects), with archaic (perhaps at least enhanced) weapons. The kind of army i feel humanity has been shown fighting in other sorts of stories or universes too with comparable success.

Similar on an individual level, non-mutant humans (using super powers or magic) have just as often if not more fought and defeated demonic villains of more complex quality aswell.

So i have to say, i don't see how there can be a claim made, that mutants as a collective are like exceptionaly more destined to fight demons than any other group of humans.

Mutantkind isn't the X-men. For every Jean Grey, Storm or even Skin, there are a thousand of mutants with weak, situational or meaningless powers, who would not be able to stand a fight against the kind of monsters, demons or horrors that these exceptional individuals have fought within their roles as super heros.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-12-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Who exactly is meant with "mutants" and mutantdom here though?
    The entire collective of humans born with an x-gene and therefor heavily randomized super powers, in a mirror world based on our own modern civilization, or just the comparatively smaller number (we are talking about possibly less than a few hundred) of people among these mutants who have truely impressive or exceptional mutant powers?

Because as far as we can see the vast the majority of mutants (the average joes and janes who appear in backrounds or as random victims often without even showing their powers) are not really any more of a danger to demonic beings than unpowered humans, making them just as much endangered by them. Infact while their powers might not be much of a danger or hinderance to the demons, they might still actualy make them more valuable victims of demonic agression and planing.

So if we take "mutantdom" as a collective they are arguably just as likely going to be the victim of demons as normal humans are when exceptional individuals (hero characters) are not around.

Even the hyped up mutant community of Arrako has only a handfull of individuals to show as powerfull, while the entire collective seems to have been mostly cannon fodder who fought in never seen off-pannel battles against a mostly average "mindless horde" style army of demons (who i think look like N’garai rejects), with archaic (perhaps at least enhanced) weapons. The kind of army i feel humanity has been shown fighting in other sorts of stories or universes too with comparable success.

Similar on an individual level, non-mutant humans (using super powers or magic) have just as often if not more fought and defeated demonic villains of more complex quality aswell.

So i have to say, i don't see how there can be a claim made, that mutants as a collective are like exceptionaly more destined to fight demons than any other group of humans.

Mutantkind isn't the X-men. For every Jean Grey, Storm or even Skin, there are a thousand of mutants with weak, situational or meaningless powers, who would not be able to stand a fight against the kind of monsters, demons or horrors that these exceptional individuals have fought within their roles as super heros.
    The demons weren't hunting the x-men in Inferno, they were literally hunting super powered mutant babies because one day they feared mutants would rise to destory them. It's what the story says. It didn't matter if the mutants were x-men or not their fear came from the potential of what mutants would become.

edit: well the 13 babies was for the ritual, still reading. But the rest is said on panel by demons.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Basically humans and demons want to get rid of mutants for the same reason. Fear.

demonmutant.jpg
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

The demons weren't hunting the x-men in Inferno, they were literally hunting super powered mutant babies because one day they feared mutants would rise to destory them. It's what the story says. It didn't matter if the mutants were x-men or not their fear came from the potential of what mutants would become.

edit: well the 13 babies was for the ritual, still reading. But the rest is said on panel by demons.
    I see.
    The classic everyone either wants the power of the mutants (or more specificaly the usefull ones) or wants to exterminate them because they fear their power (again the ones the heros/villains have) situation.

I did not have those informations in my memory when i wrote that counter (not checking sources was a mistake), so your question/pondering remains valid.

Nevermind then.

Basically humans and demons want to get rid of mutants for the same reason. Fear.

demonmutant.jpg
    Seems its pretty much much a conga line at this point of unpowered humans, differently powered humans, aliens, AIs/machines, demons, weaker gods, godlike beings and likely mutants too, who fear them.

Meanwhile if it isn't an X-men comic dealing with those elements, mutants will hardly get mentioned, unless one is part of the cast...
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-12-2021 at 06:17 PM.

Good lordt Polaris is too good for Havok. He took his shot at lorna in inferno when she was bad, the whole flaunting annie thing after all her mourning him when he was gone in mutant x, and now his still ongoing obsession with maddie. May they NEVER go down that road again. Yeesh.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I see.
    The classic everyone either wants the power of the mutants (or more specificaly the usefull ones) or wants to exterminate them because they fear their power (again the ones the heros/villains have) situation.

I did not have those informations in my memory when i wrote that counter (not checking sources was a mistake), so your question/pondering remains valid.

Nevermind then.
    No biggie. I am finding this inferno reread so absolutely enthralling. A lot of the stuff here is in the current run too. Hickman really did some mining. I still don't know how Taki isn't an omega though. His powers are absolutely amazing.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

that sinister secret and inferno now got me wondering if Sinister may have harvested an Alex/Madelyne baby at some point. Does Cable have a sibling/cousin out there.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Pondering about the whole "even demons fear mutants" thing.

It seems the aspect that causes powerfull non-humans to fear mutants, is simply the potential that the x-gene has when it comes to giving super powers.

On average the mutants are actualy fairly less impressive than some super powered species in the cosmic marvel universe and multiverse. The reason being the lack of cohension when it comes to what powers they can muster as collective.
    For example any species which has collectively the ability produce powerfull kinetic beams from their eyes will make Cyclops look rather mundane and unimpressive.

But while said hypothetical species might be more powerfull than this particular mutant on the subject of kinetic eye beams, they are pretty much locked in that as their super powers, while other mutants will have powers they can never have.

So it makes sense that demons would fear the potential of what individual mutants might gain as powers at any time. Since it could for example be the power to controll or even destroy demons just by looking at them. The entire super natural existence of their beings endangered just by the potential of such an individual (or individuals) emerging from a group of mere humans who have a weird gene.

Though in that regard one could argue that mutants aren't just destined to fight demons, but any species/form of being with super powers, as mutants hold the potential to be a danger to anyones existence even their own, just via the CHANCE that they could produce an individual or group with a specific powerset that endangers them.

Which reminds me how i still hold onto the possibility that the events of HOX/POX are actualy orchestrated by a Dominion which wants to manipulate mutants into becomming part of it by following the path of post humanity, since it fears the powers they could produce which endanger even their godlike existence.

No biggie. I am finding this inferno reread so absolutely enthralling. A lot of the stuff here is in the current run too. Hickman really did some mining. I still don't know how Taki isn't an omega though. His powers are absolutely amazing.
    I just roll my eyes (figuratively) about the whole omega classification regardless of how it's defined in the past or the moment. To me it's just a hollow label to classify someone as the most *insert impressive sounding title here*. Which is meaningless when any writer can in theory empower or introduce an individual who if not by showcase than at least by claim overshadows the previously established "omega", only for the next writer to still showcase the outperformed character as the better, simply because of personal preference or fan popularity.

In that regard i feel Wiz Kid is better of not being classified as omega, because it means he can stand (no pun intendet) on his own and is free to do to any small or big feat without it being measured to some hollow labeling and have it come of as impressive.

Infact anything he can do, will therefor be measured as how it is in spite of not being "omega", therefor allowing it to feel more impressive than the feat of an "omega".

that sinister secret and inferno now got me wondering if Sinister may have harvested an Alex/Madelyne baby at some point. Does Cable have a sibling/cousin out there.
    I see no hints. But at this point, we as readers would not be suprised about any such reveals.

Scott is absolutely insufferable in inferno. Sweet Jeebus. All of a sudden he can't wait to have his son in his arms, he just has to hold him. Well dude, wtf were you. You had every opportunity to try and find your baby but all of a sudden you must have him. And they are laying it on SUPER thick with all this "oh scott what did they do to you here." I completely didn't think this way the first time i read it but it's like my goodness dude. Between him and havok in inferno the Summers brothers are a hot mess.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Pondering about the whole "even demons fear mutants" thing.

It seems the aspect that causes powerfull non-humans to fear mutants, is simply the potential that the x-gene has when it comes to giving super powers.

On average the mutants are actualy fairly less impressive than some super powered species in the cosmic marvel universe and multiverse. The reason being the lack of cohension when it comes to what powers they can muster as collective.
    For example any species which has collectively the ability produce powerfull kinetic beams from their eyes will make Cyclops look rather mundane and unimpressive.

But while said hypothetical species might be more powerfull than this particular mutant on the subject of kinetic eye beams, they are pretty much locked in that as their super powers, while other mutants will have powers they can never have.

So it makes sense that demons would fear the potential of what individual mutants might gain as powers at any time. Since it could for example be the power to controll or even destroy demons just by looking at them. The entire super natural existence of their beings endangered just by the potential of such an individual (or individuals) emerging from a group of mere humans who have a weird gene.

Though in that regard one could argue that mutants aren't just destined to fight demons, but any species/form of being with super powers, as mutants hold the potential to be a danger to anyones existence even their own, just via the CHANCE that they could produce an individual or group with a specific powerset that endangers them.

Which reminds me how i still hold onto the possibility that the events of HOX/POX are actualy orchestrated by a Dominion which wants to manipulate mutants into becomming part of it by following the path of post humanity, since it fears the powers they could produce which endanger even their godlike existence.

I just roll my eyes (figuratively) about the whole omega classification regardless of how it's defined in the past or the moment. To me it's just a hollow label to classify someone as the most *insert impressive sounding title here*. Which is meaningless when any writer can in theory empower or introduce an individual who if not by showcase than at least by claim overshadows the previously established "omega", only for the next writer to still showcase the outperformed character as the better, simply because of personal preference or fan popularity.

In that regard i feel Wiz Kid is better of not being classified as omega, because it means he can stand (no pun intendet) on his own and is free to do to any small or big feat without it being measured to some hollow labeling and have it come of as impressive.

Infact anything he can do, will therefor be measured as how it is in spite of not being "omega", therefor allowing it to feel more impressive than the feat of an "omega".

I see no hints. But at this point, we as readers would not be suprised about any such reveals.
    It's more what Taki is doing and what the term means now. Like he is really doing some undefinable things. Making a plane out of a wheel chair, turning a trash can into a generator, absorbing the mass of a broken wall to make his plane bigger, creating a gps on the fly in said plane, creating a generator to run off boom boom's powers this is some crazy stuff Taki is doing. Taki's only limit seems to be his imagination and how much material he has access to but i guess that in itself is still a limit but i had no idea his powers were so versatile and amazing.

edit: I am reading your whole posts some of it i'm just taking in and i don't think there is an appropriate response to some of it, so i'm just absorbing it but i'm not ignoring any parts of it. Just wanted you to know it's not in vain as i am reading them.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-12-2021 at 07:15 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.