Page 54 of 663 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Exiles Sabretooth was just as disgusting as our's, but yet nobody complains when he becomes a "hero." So I can't take the objections seriously. Because it seems like any disgusting character get be forgiven and have everyone on their heels so long as you don't SEE any of the stuff that did while evil. lol

And again, if Deadpool can be accepted into the hero community, then people's standards aren't that high, because he's not much better than Creed or Daken. Only thing is he doesn't kill children. But he's shown he gets pleasure in killing everything else.
    I don't like that Deadpool is accepted in hero community. Never have, never will.

Come to think of that, here's an unpopular opinion: NOT EVERY F#$%^&G *******/BAD GUY NEEDS REDEMPTION. Let some people just stay bad.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't like that Deadpool is accepted in hero community. Never have, never will.

Come to think of that, here's an unpopular opinion: NOT EVERY F#$%^&G *******/BAD GUY NEEDS REDEMPTION. Let some people just stay bad.
    Well be glad Sabretooth isn't redeemed. He's not taken seriously as a character by many modern writers so any development he gets will be ignored and he'll go back to Wolverine's forever jobbing rival.

Weapon X 14 shows, for anyone who still had doubts, that the inversion arc is dropped. Sabretooth is a villain again. Just a fail ineffective bumbling one.

Too bad (for his fans) he's not treated well as a hero, or respected as a villain these days.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-16-2018 at 06:08 AM.

Exiles Sabretooth was just as disgusting as our's, but yet nobody complains about him So I can't take the objections seriously. Because it seems like any disgusting character get be forgiven and have everyone on their heels so long as you don't SEE any of the stuff that did while evil. lol Just hearing about it, and them already being good is a free pass.

And again, if Deadpool can be accepted into the hero community, then people's standards aren't high, because he's not much better than Creed or Daken. Only thing is he doesn't kill children. But he's shown he gets pleasure in killing everything else.
    Again, why not? One writer making a mistake with a character and not being called out on it properly doesn't mean nothing any writer afterwards does should ever be justified in any way ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Again, why not? One writer making a mistake with a character and not being called out on it properly doesn't mean nothing any writer afterwards does should ever be justified in any way ever again.
    I am not talking about writers. I am talking about hypocrisy among the fanbase. Unless you can say you NEVER cared for a villain becoming a hero or anti-hero, then there's no argument to be had against Sabretooth or Daken. Though the latter tends to get more of a pass than the former for some reason.

Going further with the hypocrisy example. AoA Sabretooth has outright stated that at one point in the past, he just got tired of murdering women & children. Points to him being a serial killer just like our 616 Creed. Then he became an X-Man only to save his ass so he could live long enough to get back at Apocalypse. Like our 616 Creed, not a hero -just joining up when he has something to be gained. Only after finding Blink does he actual become genuine. But the fanbase for some reason thinks he works better as a hero than 616 Sabretooth who doesn't deserve redemption -despite AoA Creed not being much better & the ONLY difference being that we never saw him during his sadistic serial killer days like we did for 616 Sabretooth. And again, he stopped killing women & children because it started to bore him, not because it was wrong. lol

Not about the writer. But more so that many fans tend to be hypocrites. I don't care anything for Daken. But I could accept him becoming an anti-hero like I did Sabretooth. Only thing I hate is the preferential treatment he gets over Sabretooth, who's been around a lot longer but gets much less done with him. All the Wolverine variants get depth & development, and Creed is just thrown into stories as a joke. He's not a complete one-dimensional character. But he has fewer writers than all the others who care anything about him.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-16-2018 at 07:26 AM.

I care more about primary Creed then other Creed, big surprise. These are not hypocrises because these are not seperate cases at all. AOA Creed is there to contrast the real one. That is his reason for being. Why he is such a departure from familiarity is not always explained best, but he is worthless as a character if he is demanded to just be Creed again on account of a shitty explanation for wht he wasn't.

616 Creed on the other hand SHOULD be allowed to be like 616 Creed because he is 616 Creed. Sorry if you can't stomach that idea.

And we are not talking about redemption, we are talking about friends of people these two have murdered and assaulted starting romantic relationships with them bedore they are even truly reformed. Yeah, I gotta a problem with that.

Kind of related to the discussion here but not totally:

I don't really need for Daken to get a "redemption" or anything. As long as he's just not written as completely evil just doing evil things I'm fine. I thought he was ok on Iceman #4 but not on the other issues. I think Icemaken is a hotter ship with him as kind of a bad guy anyway.

I'm not sure if it's unpopular or not, but Frank Quitely's art on Grant Morrison's New X-Men was absolutely horrendous. I don't understand how anyone can call it even remotely professional level.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 02-16-2018 at 09:39 AM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm not sure if it's unpopular or not, but Frank Quitely's art on Grant Morrison's New X-Men was absolutely horrendous. I don't how anyone can call it even remotely professional level.
    God, finally someone who understands!

Morrison, Gillen, Remender, and very potentially now Taylor have been the only X-Men writers in recent times that have really been all that thrilling and new to me. That whole weird, almost sci-fi, long game feel is where the X-Men should have been headed the whole time, but most writers don't really capitalize on it.

Claremont is amazingly iconic and within reason but he's not the best writer the X-Men have ever had, and though his run is often looked upon fondly, there are a lot of arcs that as someone who has read his run on Uncanny in full I just don't remember at all or that I do remember but were kind of bad and are as a result not referenced often by the fandom.

The Dark Phoenix saga is a good, iconic story but it wasn't AMAZING and it was a good decision to reverse it. The Dark Angel Saga is the better "dark character" saga, and Marjorie Liu's Frozen is the best evil O5 story.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I'm not sure if it's unpopular or not, but Frank Quitely's art on Grant Morrison's New X-Men was absolutely horrendous. I don't understand how anyone can call it even remotely professional level.
    I am right there with you. I have never gotten the love for his lumpy looking everyone looks vaguely asian art.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    The Dark Phoenix saga is a good, iconic story but it wasn't AMAZING and it was a good decision to reverse it. The Dark Angel Saga is the better "dark character" saga, and Marjorie Liu's Frozen is the best evil O5 story.
    Frozen was the worst 'dark 05' story. I mean, there was zero culpability or repercussions for Bobby. Freezing the earth like that would have resulted in widespread ecological devastation; we're talking crop failures/starvation, animal and plant extinctions, etc, etc, not to mention hundreds of millions of dead people. At least DPS has ripples.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I care more about primary Creed then other Creed, big surprise. These are not hypocrises because these are not seperate cases at all. AOA Creed is there to contrast the real one. That is his reason for being. Why he is such a departure from familiarity is not always explained best, but he is worthless as a character if he is demanded to just be Creed again on account of a shitty explanation for wht he wasn't.
    Spinning our wheels here. Obviously my point falls on deaf ears, so lets shorten the discussion to the nest 2 points.

616 Creed on the other hand SHOULD be allowed to be like 616 Creed because he is 616 Creed. Sorry if you can't stomach that idea.
    I like Creed as a villain -long as he's written as being effective & cunning, not the bumbling moron he mainly get portrayed as now -like in Weapon X.

But sadly, competent, effective, and intelligent Creed disappeared in 2003. There's been rare sightings of him now & again the last 15 years. But he always disappears soon and bumbling brain-dead Creed shows himself in the other's place again.

But, I don't I think 616 Creed is too evil to become a hero. So I had no issues with the inversion or the idea of him moving toward the anti-hero spectrum. And as such, I have also no issues with him being paired with a hero. Especially one who's flawed and had taken a dark turn themselves.

Sorry if you can't stomach that idea. But do fans' likes in fiction really effect you that much?

And we are not talking about redemption, we are talking about friends of people these two have murdered and assaulted starting romantic relationships with them bedore they are even truly reformed. Yeah, I gotta a problem with that.
    I'm sorry. So I take it you don't ship them then? lol Got that.

Others still ship them.
    12.jpg
    Joy for the adorable tender moments
    Except for the terrible Lashley art. If only we got a better artist, and a kiss.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-16-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

very controversial opinion

Sebastian Shaw works better as a field commander action hero than as a villain, solely because of his Steven Seagalesque character design, and his power. Kinetic energy absorption and super human strength just doesnt work very well for a supervillain mastermind (like telepath, shapeshifter, or super scientist), it is more of an action hero or henchman thing.

He has been a hero in some alternative realities, and even worked with the X-Men in New Tian, and in Duggan's Uncanny Avengers (which had Cable and Rogue), recently

colgar fotos en internet

colgar fotos en internet

imagenes y fotos

I like Creed as a villain -long as he's written as being effective & cunning, not the bumbling moron he mainly get portrayed as now -like in Weapon X.

But sadly, competent, effective, and intelligent Creed disappeared in 2003. There's been rare sightings of him now & again the last 15 years. But he always disappears soon and bumbling brain-dead Creed shows himself in the other's place again.

But, I don't I think 616 Creed is too evil to become a hero. So I had no issues with the inversion or the idea of him moving toward the anti-hero spectrum. And as such, I have also no issues with him being paired with a hero. Especially one who's flawed and had taken a dark turn themselves.

Sorry if you can't stomach that idea. But do fans' likes in fiction really effect you that much?
    It does irritate me. I do not know what Sabretooth has to do to not seem like boyfriend material.

I'm sorry. So I take it you don't ship them then? lol Got that.
    I do not, Monet should know Sabretooth could and would rape her, kill her and eat her (not neccesarily in that order) if he was in his right mind and I feel that would be a turn-off for her.

Astonishing Member

that is something about AoA that should have been explored more

What made the Sabretooth or Sauron of AoA good people? What was different in their lives for that to happen? In AoA Sauron (who called himself Soar on) didnt seem to be a different evil personality from Dr Karl Lykos.

It does irritate me. I do not know what Sabretooth has to do to not seem like boyfriend material.
    Arguable lots of characters are not boyfriend material, but still have relationships. Plenty of villains throughout fiction, and real life, still had lovers whom they possibly treated decently.

I would like to have seen Sabretooth have a positive relationship with someone the same way Daken seems to get with Laura. He's shown to be capable of it. But only relationships writers wanna go for is the played out Logan rivalry and Mystique, who barely cares anything for him.

I do not, Monet should know Sabretooth could and would rape her, kill her and eat her (not neccesarily in that order) if he was in his right mind and I feel that would be a turn-off for her.
    Not necessarily. Sabretooth has been in at least 2 other relationships we saw when he was a villain. And he cared for both of the women. There was Bonnie Hale, whom he spent the entire 5 chapter story trying to protect, only to tragically have to kill her & break down over it since they were talking about going away together. As much as I hate the ass-pull, he cared about Mystique (since 2010) where he was thrown into a relationship with her. Hell, she told him to his face that she was gonna screw other men and he'd have to deal with it. He accepts being a cuckold then snuggles up in bed & starts to feed her.

He's also shown to care for his mother. He had humanity in him. Inverting means to flip the order. If there was no good in him, the spell wouldn't have worked because the evil would have nothing to tag-out with.

Monet was wary of Creed. I think she was attracted to the Creed she came to know. BUT doesn't trust him. That's why I think she goes hot & cold on him. She's brought up his past many times. Not to mention being scared when he attacked Callisto. I think she had conflicted feelings that probably would've been a source of, well...conflict. Every complaint fans have about her liking him may have come up if it wasn't cut short. And I would rather have read about that than any other recent relationship. Plus, Monet's character had also gotten darker. She joined the Hellfire Club, which isn't filled with upstanding citizens. Hell, Mystique is also a member -with Bunn saying they were gonna clash. Also, Monet is stronger than Creed, so I don't think raping and killing her would be easy -if not impossible.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-18-2018 at 01:59 AM.