Page 541 of 655 FirstFirst ... 41441491531537538539540541542543544545551591641 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 9824

So, then the proper thing to do would have been to ask for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    So, then the proper thing to do would have been to ask for clarification.
    and thats exactly what I did

No, actually, it very much wasn't. "Maybe" isn't a question and you know I mean just asking for a clarification, and we both know that's definitely not what you did.

Alrighty then. Anyways, my unpopular opinion is that its time Dani got a major push, like the one Illyana got during the Gillen and later Bendis era. She's been around for so long but has never quite crossed the C-list. I'd love it if she became a prominent figure in the franchise

Iceman seems to be a divisive character, but I think all of the decisions made with him have only improved his character and stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Alrighty then. Anyways, my unpopular opinion is that its time Dani got a major push, like the one Illyana got during the Gillen and later Bendis era. She's been around for so long but has never quite crossed the C-list. I'd love it if she became a prominent figure in the franchise
    I am so down for this. The problem is that fans are so overly hissy now any time an established character goes through any sort of trauma or dramatic character shift. The writer’s can only do so much when every time they try to do something outside the box the twitter mob and cbr brigade goes on them full force. For them, it is better to play it safe and keep their paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    I am so down for this. The problem is that fans are so overly hissy now any time an established character goes through any sort of trauma or dramatic character shift. The writer’s can only do so much when every time they try to do something outside the box the twitter mob and cbr brigade goes on them full force. For them, it is better to play it safe and keep their paycheck.
    That wasnt the case with Illyana. Gillen took a chance with her and subsequent writers have kept that up. She's been featured consistently in lead roles since then with the exception of the start of the ResurrXion era. I dont think fans are as overly hissy as you think they are. Like if she had been shown to be on the new X-men team, I doubt there would be much negative backlash

That wasnt the case with Illyana. Gillen took a chance with her and subsequent writers have kept that up. She's been featured consistently in lead roles since then with the exception of the start of the ResurrXion era. I dont think fans are as overly hissy as you think they are. Like if she had been shown to be on the new X-men team, I doubt there would be much negative backlash
    Illyana has been showcased heavily but has zero character development since krakoa has been established. I would make this argument for most all of the established characters with an exception here and there where they may have some bit of development. There are plenty of new characters explored, however. I think this is due to the fact that the xoffice is scared to touch anything that will cause the fandom to get in an uproar.

Incredible Member

Illyana has been showcased heavily but has zero character development since krakoa has been established. I would make this argument for most all of the established characters with an exception here and there where they may have some bit of development. There are plenty of new characters explored, however. I think this is due to the fact that the xoffice is scared to touch anything that will cause the fandom to get in an uproar.
    She has shown great leadership as a Krakoan Captain, worked great with Cyclops and Cable, we saw how much she cares for Warlock in XoS, teached those Ayala`s gremilns some manners in New Mutants, is the leader of the Dark Riders, came out as pansexual, hanged out with Kate for a bit and has better sense of humor than before. I am only missing her relationship with her brothers.
    Last edited by Milici; 10-15-2021 at 10:44 AM.

I dont agree with this. This era has solidified her as a leader. She previously led that makeshift team of NM in the Dead Souls mini but not the core group as we saw in Hickman's New Mutants (a position that once was defaulted to Dani). She got promoted to one of the Great Captains and we saw her lead again in Empyre. Her development is that she isnt simply a team player anymore, but a trusted person to call the shots which really hasnt been the case before

I dont agree with this. This era has solidified her as a leader. She previously led that makeshift team of NM in the Dead Souls mini but not the core group as we saw in Hickman's New Mutants (a position that once was defaulted to Dani). She got promoted to one of the Great Captains and we saw her lead again in Empyre. Her development is that she isnt simply a team player anymore, but a trusted person to call the shots which really hasnt been the case before
    Eh… those are valid points. She is my favorite character so yeah i am happy for these things. I tend to think of character development more than just fighting and getting promotions, however. When i think of character development for her, i think about the time she took all of limbo into herself. Or when she is an awkward girl trying to fit into the new mutants after being robbed of her childhood. Things that impact her at her core. It is true that if dani got as much attention as magik has gotten i would be ecstatic. Maybe i am just thirsty for character development in this new krakoa age as i feel it is all being spent on new characters or older characters who were one note and needed depth to be relevant again.

Extraordinary Member

Strongly disagree. The entire thrust of her character arc has changed. She's happy and well-adjusted in a way she never has been before. For the first time ever she doesn't hate herself and is the New Mutant who isn't dealing with a personal crisis or depression. That alone is a major development for a character who was always mired in depression and self-loathing. Her arc is no longer a downward spiral but finding hope in despair and learning to love herself.

Her being a captain is a function of her good working relationship with Cyclops, to the point where she seems to be his best lieutenant. Her growing self-confidence has led to her calling out Xavier for training child-soldiers and vowing to be a better teacher than him.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 10-16-2021 at 09:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

A year ago I'd have agreed, but the New Mutants movie has got me rethinking whether it's even worth it because one of the (many) reasons the movie failed was its focus on Dani, who could not carry the film and in whose service other characters who could have made for a much better movie were harmed, like Illyana,

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    A year ago I'd have agreed, but the New Mutants movie has got me rethinking whether it's even worth it because one of the (many) reasons the movie failed was its focus on Dani, who could not carry the film and in whose service other characters who could have made for a much better movie were harmed, like Illyana,
    I dont think that's fair... that Dani was super bland IMO and not very representative of the comic version.

Yeah, from what I've heard, movie Dani had nothing on common with comic Dani. It's why I haven't watched it.