Page 544 of 668 FirstFirst ... 44444494534540541542543544545546547548554594644 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 10012
    BANNED

X-Men is Watchmen. It is part of the Marvel Universe as much as Watchmen is part of the DC universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    X-Men is Watchmen. It is part of the Marvel Universe as much as Watchmen is part of the DC universe.
    I disagree. X-men especially right now reminds me of DC charaters in general. Living in different locations (metropolis, gotham, coast city, central city etc.), titles of individual heroes are a little more isolated etc. If I have to name a specific franchise, I'd say Batman with all its satellite books.

Spectacular Member

Sage that’s it

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The entire line is better when all the mutants are not all bunched up in one place. I hated it when they were all herded into the mansion after M-day. I hated Utopia. I hate Krakoa. The line works better when different teams are all out doing their own thing, and only seeing each other once in a while.

The characters look too young for my taste: it seems to negate that the characters have a long past, they are not teenagers or young adults to act rashly.

That the X-men have experience, maturity should be seen…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The characters look too young for my taste: it seems to negate that the characters have a long past, they are not teenagers or young adults to act rashly.

That the X-men have experience, maturity should be seen…
    JDW says otherwise: All the O5 are no older than their Mid-20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    JDW says otherwise: All the O5 are no older than their Mid-20s.
    This JDW can say what he wants: a lifetime has gone for people who started to read the X-men stories when they were young. It is a bit ridiculous to consider these characters as “young people”.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This JDW can say what he wants: a lifetime has gone for people who started to read the X-men stories when they were young. It is a bit ridiculous to consider these characters as “young people”.
    Except they are young because Marvel decides, and Marvel decided is a crime against humanity for Peter Parker to be 30 or older (and characters who are canonically the same age or nearly there, like Cyclops, Jean or the Human Torch by consequence have to be same age).

BANNED

I would agree. Unfortunately, we don’t get a say in the matter.

Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is capable of carrying a franchise by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I would agree. Unfortunately, we don’t get a say in the matter.
    Honestly it doesn't really matter. As long as they don't state actual ages in the books, a particular writer or editor's opinion isn't canon. And even then, with the sliding timescale even canonical ages eventually change. Jean was said to be 25 at the end of DPS, but it's not like anyone thinks that still really counts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is capable of carrying a franchise by himself.
    I don't think that's unpopular since it actually happened.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Honestly it doesn't really matter. As long as they don't state actual ages in the books, a particular writer or editor's opinion isn't canon. And even then, with the sliding timescale even canonical ages eventually change. Jean was said to be 25 at the end of DPS, but it's not like anyone thinks that still really counts.
    Agreed and I think a possible solution could be to have aged versions of the characters on AUs or alternative universes. Something like a spiderverse version for the X-men could be interesting.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Yeah...aging out the pop characters would be pretty dumb, to be frank.

No one wants Spider-Man to be old for everyone just because I am old.

You can't bottle these characters' popularity ergo they are irreplaceable. They have to be kept in posterity for the next generations ad infinitum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Yeah...aging out the pop characters would be pretty dumb, to be frank.
    I didn’t say “aging out” but… if the characters look younger than in my memories, it’s hard to imagine they are the same characters like twenty, thirty years ago. The time can stop in comics but, if it goes backwards, it feels weirder. (Maybe it’s the style of nowadays’ artists, influenced by japanese comics, that is the cause.)

Anyway, for me, every time, the writer changes, you don’t have the same character, just the appareance, not the substance, a “zombie”… unless you replace in your mind the “old character” by the “new one”.