Page 546 of 663 FirstFirst ... 46446496536542543544545546547548549550556596646 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    This is exactly where the old versions and parent versions of the characters should be: alternate universe #8675309
    *points at Cable* :P

I have two opinions that I suppose would be unpopular

1- I love the idea of the X-Men as teachers of a new generation of mutants. To me this makes them different from the Avengers, FF, etc, in that they're not just super-heroes but a community in itself. The obvious plot-hole is that we rarely see them receive any sort of formal education so it's weird to see them teach traditional ''human'' areas of knowledge like Math or History. An easy solution would be to do what Leah did and have the characters mention that they are working on their undergrad/masters/PHD etc, like she did with Polaris recently.

I dunno. Maybe because I'm a teacher I have a soft spot for this era haha.

2- Having all mutants be based on Krakoa is so dumb. Didn't we have Genosha , just a few years ago in universe? Utopia was especially idiotic because they were on the brink of extinction and said...hey...this is where we all are !!! on an island!!!. At least Krakoa has the ressurection protocols but it's still not enough: they get compromised on the regular, and this incarnation of X-Force is the most useless I've ever seen. What is really stopping the countries that dislike Krakoa or Orchis themselves from just obliterating the island? The answer is plot armor only.

And I guess this is a thing in the Hickman era too: a lot of things only really work because the plot demands it, like Inferno for example. I LOVE Destiny and Mystique so I'm glad we're having a story about them, but there are plot holes that you have to just look the other way in order to enjoy the story

The reason TAS stands out to me besides just being good is that it was about adult mutants so everyone else was an adult but all other xmen cartoons since were mostly focused on teens and Ororo has never once in any xmen cartoon got to have the experience to being a teen and exploring her powers or coming fresh from being a goddess in africa and adjusting which i felt could have been adapted nicely or even gone in a totally different direction, not like fox gave a freak one or way or another but leaving her character out of the experience and making her the mam, right or wrong has always left an instinctual off putting feel for me in most xmen cartoons that aren't tas. It never made sense to me why make spike, or make scott and jean teens who are my faves, but always make Storm or matronly or teacher when a lot of people could have connected to the character as a peer on the team. I get the same bad taste i get from Disney first black princess being in a frog movie.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The reason TAS stands out to me besides just being good is that it was about adult mutants so everyone else was an adult but all other xmen cartoons since were mostly focused on teens and Ororo has never once in any xmen cartoon got to have the experience to being a teen and exploring her powers or coming fresh from being a goddess in africa and adjusting which i felt could have been adapted nicely or even gone in a totally different direction, not like fox gave a freak one or way or another but leaving her character out of the experience and making her the mam, right or wrong has always left an instinctual off putting feel for me in most xmen cartoons that aren't tas. It never made sense to me why make spike, or make scott and jean teens who are my faves, but always make Storm or matronly or teacher when a lot of people could have connected to the character as a peer on the team. I get the same bad taste i get from Disney first black princess being in a frog movie.
    Yeah... There's a certain way of putting characters on team books that makes them feel like "token" characters... just because of their team role. :/

Did you read Ultimate X-Men? Storm is a teen in that and it is very coming of age for her.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IDA. Almost everything done with Betsy in the 90s could have been done had that body swap not stuck passed its initial arc. A caucasian character becoming a martial arts expert and training hard so their hand to hand combat skills improve isnt uncommon and she did not have to literally inhabit a Japanese body for that to happen. It was already the trajectory she was on anyway as she craved the action and wanted to fight. She could have gotten there besides what was written
    What i love of this thread is that make me think about stuff I could have overlooked.
    You are kind of right...considering the stories that were made, and these are the only actual facts we could rely upon, there was no real reason for the body swap. Hell even for "fanservice/eyecandy" reasons there was no need. Could have just have her being kidnapped by the hand or being victim of hogun(mental possession by evil Japanese ghost.equal instant martial arts is a rule of MU)

Extraordinary Member

Not sure where to put this so here it goes

Is it just me or is this completely wrong

https://twitter.com/emmastan_isah/st...44802677698567

If link doesn't work
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-05-2021 at 03:57 AM.

I get what you are saying but I dont completely agree with this. The only Xmen cartoon to focus primarily on teens was Evolution, which had a highschool as a backdrop. WATX and the Anime focused on adult Xmen. The peers that Storm is used to interacting with were adults in those series

Quote Originally Posted by Fall-From-Grace View Post

1- I love the idea of the X-Men as teachers of a new generation of mutants. To me this makes them different from the Avengers, FF, etc, in that they're not just super-heroes but a community in itself. The obvious plot-hole is that we rarely see them receive any sort of formal education so it's weird to see them teach traditional ''human'' areas of knowledge like Math or History. An easy solution would be to do what Leah did and have the characters mention that they are working on their undergrad/masters/PHD etc, like she did with Polaris recently.

2- Having all mutants be based on Krakoa is so dumb. Didn't we have Genosha , just a few years ago in universe? Utopia was especially idiotic because they were on the brink of extinction and said...hey...this is where we all are !!! on an island!!!. At least Krakoa has the ressurection protocols but it's still not enough: they get compromised on the regular, and this incarnation of X-Force is the most useless I've ever seen. What is really stopping the countries that dislike Krakoa or Orchis themselves from just obliterating the island? The answer is plot armor only.

And I guess this is a thing in the Hickman era too: a lot of things only really work because the plot demands it, like Inferno for example. I LOVE Destiny and Mystique so I'm glad we're having a story about them, but there are plot holes that you have to just look the other way in order to enjoy the story
    I get what you are saying but I dont think those were dumb ideas, especially Utopia. The fact is that mutants were being hunted and killed and with so few left, they were especially vulnerable. Strength in numbers. The population likely would have dropped even more dramatically had the X-men not offered protection and sanctuary to the mutants that needed it.

Its had a few breaches but Krakoa for the most part is working. Krakoa is a main island but the nation extends beyond that and not all mutants are there. There is a base on the moon, the UK, in Central Park, Mars, etc... and the gates allow them all to be connected throughout the universe
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-04-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Evolution is the only X-Men cartoon to focus on teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Not sure where to put this so here it goes

Is it just me or is this completely wrong

https://twitter.com/emmastan_isah/st...44802677698567
    1) People get so unreasonable when it comes to their faves.

2) I’ve seen people be very harsh with Kwannon about her decisions and stan Mystique at the same time. Very similar situations IMO, yet Kwannon’s daughter is harder to resurrect and she legitimately feels bad for all her misdeeds.

3) This might be my controversial opinion part: I really hope Emma is not THE head of Krakoa after Inferno. She’s always had a level of pompousness and tbh white feminism that seems like not a great fit to represent all of mutantkind, especially as Marvel leans into the minority metaphor.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 11-05-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    1) People get so unreasonable when it comes to their faves.

2) I’ve seen people be very harsh with Kwannon about her decisions and stan Mystique at the same time. Very similar situations IMO, yet Kwannon’s daughter is harder to resurrect and she legitimately feels bad for all her misdeeds.

3) This might be my controversial opinion part: I really hope Emma is not THE head of Krakoa after Inferno. She’s always had a level of pompous and tbh white feminism that seems like not a great fit to represent all of mutantkind, especially as Marvel leans into the minority metaphor.
    Plain facts brother! On point 2 .Maybe mine is a minority opinion but unfortunately in the X-Men universe lovers seem to take precedence over children in stories.

More Wiz Kidi! MOOOOREEEE! Would love if Taki showed up on Xmen 97.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Did you read Ultimate X-Men? Storm is a teen in that and it is very coming of age for her.
    I did read Ultimate X-men. It was good in the beginning but the middle was not for me. I loved Millar's run and Woods doing Tian. That was some good reading.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

More Wiz Kidi! MOOOOREEEE! Would love if Taki showed up on Xmen 97.
    This guy knows what’s up

Quote Originally Posted by Fall-From-Grace View Post

Sheesh, I'm really sorry that these opinions are controversial because I agree with both of them.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.