Page 55 of 663 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Others still ship them.
    Attachment 62156
    Joy for the adorable tender moments
    Except for the terrible Lashley art. If only we got a better artist, and a kiss.
    So the grizzled old brawler with the claws and the healing factor offers to let the young female vampire feed on him?

Sounds...familiar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member

I think one of the reasons the relationship with Monet worked is she is stronger than him.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    So the grizzled old brawler with the claws and the healing factor offers to let the young female vampire feed on him?

Sounds...familiar.
    Apparently a popular story. But what's loving a vampire if you don't feed them now & again. lol Even Angel got to drink Buffy. So did Spike. lol

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think one of the reasons the relationship with Monet worked is she is stronger than him.
    Agreed. Not like she can't handle herself against Creed -especially given his new status as a jobber. The only fights he wins are against humans. She's more a threat to him than the reverse.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-16-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Astonishing Member

Okay, so the biggest controversy in regards to the X-Men always seems to be whether or not they should be in the Marvel Universe or not because of the whole "regular people hate the X-Men, but love the Avengers" thing.

And I say . . . they totally should be in the Marvel Universe. But there's more to this opinion.

For one thing, the opinions of bigots shouldn't be based on anything rational. It's bigotry. But also, people shouldn't unilaterally love the other super-humans in the Marvel Universe either. There should be people with complex, nuanced, sometimes contradictory opinions about the Avengers and the Fantastic Four. There should be people other than the military who think the Incredible Hulk is a problem and there should be people who take issue with Spider-Man besides J. Jonah Jameson. One of the biggest problems with superhero comics is that nuance often goes out the window. The X-Men should be one of the books where the feelings of the public should be the most nuanced. They should be able to address not only the idea of bigotry but also fear stemming from people being born with powers they can't control, the public's reaction to mutant supremacists like the Brotherhood and how they're depicted in the media and just the feeling of knowing you're part of a species that might be on the way out. But it usually just gets boiled down to "Humans are assholes and don't like things that are different".

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I like Extraordinary... as an adjective for an X-Men team, not the book itself. I eagerly await it's eventual return.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Can I just say that I always thought that Namor was ugly as **** and just all around gross looking. Kinda like Elf.
    Disgasting.
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant

I've never liked it when X-Men became Avengers.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

In my opinion the main problem Storm has had for the last 20 years is her powers are boring. In almost every scenerio she should be able to beat anyone in just a few minutes. The fact that they have gradually jacked her powers up and up over time has just made the problem worse. It limits the character so much. When her power levels were less defined and less powerful she just worked better as a member of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I like Extraordinary... as an adjective for an X-Men team, not the book itself. I eagerly await it's eventual return.
    Agreed, I like it more than Astonishing
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    In my opinion the main problem Storm has had for the last 20 years is her powers are boring. In almost every scenerio she should be able to beat anyone in just a few minutes. The fact that they have gradually jacked her powers up and up over time has just made the problem worse. It limits the character so much. When her power levels were less defined and less powerful she just worked better as a member of the team.
    You can say this about a LOT of characters, IE Wolverine's healing factor, and Elixir's healing abilities.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You can say this about a LOT of characters, IE Wolverine's healing factor, and Elixir's healing abilities.
    Oh I do. The constant jacking up of Wolverine's healing factor turned a once awesome character in a damn joke. Anytime a lazy writer jacks up a characters power to serve his story instead of serving the character it always leaves the character worse off.

The worst was probably Chuck Austin and his weird religious hang ups with angles and demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    What books have you been reading over the years? 95% of the time Storm only uses lightning and half the time that doesn't even work.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    What books have you been reading over the years? 95% of the time Storm only uses lightning and half the time that doesn't even work.
    Yeah, PLEASE list them out because the books Ive been reading, Storm's been doing nothing.

THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD 924COLLECTIVE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Yeah, PLEASE list them out because the books Ive been reading, Storm's been doing nothing.
    I remember Storm using her powers frequently during the X-Treme X-Men run. I just sent the first 3 trades to my sister.
    924COLLECTIVE IS GETTING THE NEW X-MEN SQUAD BACK TOGETHER: ANOLE, DUST, ELIXIR, GENTLE, HELLION, PIXIE, PRODIGY, SURGE, THE STEPFORD CUCKOOS , & X-23.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 924COLLECTIVE View Post
    I remember Storm using her powers frequently during the X-Treme X-Men run. I just sent the first 3 trades to my sister.
    Claremont has been Storm's biggest advocate, and responsible for pretty much all her power creep, particularly in X-Treme. I think he had her generate atmospheric pressure equivalent to Jupiter in a later run too.