Page 553 of 663 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603653 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 9936

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Actually, that's a central point in House of X/Power of X... human brains vs mutant powers, and humans always win...

And honestly, if I had to pick one, I would choose brains-based evolution... Any human can get Sundown's awesome power set (a combination of Hercules's, Captain Marvel's, Dazzler's, Blackout's, Deadpool's, Nightcrawler's, and Giant Man's power sets, basically) just getting a shot, or become immortal by drinking one of Diablo's potions, or learn magic like Dr. Strange... I would take it any day over rolling the mutant power lottery and risk becoming Beak or Snot...
    Yea I liked that HoX/PoX firmly established that humans will always defeat mutants in a prolonged conflict. Because not only does it break Xavier's belief that peace comes through holding hands and singing, it also broke Magneto's belief that mutants were the next stage and 'superior'

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yea I liked that HoX/PoX firmly established that humans will always defeat mutants in a prolonged conflict. Because not only does it break Xavier's belief that peace comes through holding hands and singing, it also broke Magneto's belief that mutants were the next stage and 'superior'
    You bring up a good point. Like, they have reached a kind of forced compromise.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I think they are dragging out this Krakoa era. After reading Inferno 3 and Hellions finale today, I would have been fine if Hickman could wrap up this era with the former and let that be the swan song for the Krakoa X-men era as we know it. Immortal X-men will probably be a good read but it feels 2 years too late. I'm ready for something new but Destiny of X feels like more of the same. Im even sick of these "of X" titles. The line could use some more originality

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    The more I think about it the more I dislike Moira retcon. Yes it clarified some things like how she caught legacy virus (though wasn't legacy-3 able to affect non mutants as well) but thinking abuut it in context of MU history or even X-men history just creates more questions. It feels like the retcon was done just to jumpstart the new era without much thought given to it at least now.

Oh and Mojo and Spiral are the best x villains and none can change my mind.
    Can I be honest I don't know how the whole Moira timelines and lives even works, I know specific things occurred in different timelines but I have no clue why or how that affects the main timeline or if those things still happened? For example the Phoenix Five during the "forgotten decade" what does this even mean, it happened but Moira died so technically it didn't or maybe it still did?

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Not sure if movies count but…I feel that the fan backlash towards the Dark Phoenix movie was/is an overreaction because it is based on the misconception that it is rendition of the entire Dark Phoenix Saga. When it was really designed to be Phoenix origin story with elements of the Hellfire Club arc from the saga. I mean, the people who worked on the movie said this long before it came out in interviews.

Even in the behind the scenes they say that Jean doesn’t become the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix until at the very end of the film as her arc. So the complaints that they were rushing to make her into the Dark Phoenix is neither fair or accurate. It reminds me of how people didn’t realize that Starship Troopers was a satire when it released.

I will die on this hill.
    I mean no disrespect, as someone who is not a film connoisseur or expert but I have never in my life openly laughed so much or hard at a film as I did watching DP in the theater. This isn't to knock your enjoyment of the film, but for me by every metric that film failed Jean, the cast, the story, and the overall message of the franchise. I still don't know what that film was about or what it was trying to do because the script, acting, directing, and cinematography were all grossly subpar and inadequate for a re-do of such an important story arc even if it only adapted elements. Please see Logan for a movie which took elements from the comic Old Man Logan, but remained true to the essence of what the film was trying to do.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 12-08-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Brood was fantastic.

Don't know if this is controversial, but making Cerebro a mobile unit is INSPIRED, and I don't know why it took so long for that to happen. I DO however wish, Hickman had called it "CEREBRA" instead a play on Morrison's version, and had the stationary version still called Cerebro and give it a separate additional function as well.

Another thought, after Inferno, has Hickman's era been a failure? I don't think anything he's done since HOX/POX has come closer to matching that potential and it seems everything else has been spinning the wheels with no overall direction. I'm partially wondering if this is a symptom of too many cooks in the kitchen or is this the actual vision? XOS being a good example of something that had a ton of potential being reduced to almost a parody of what it could have been a war of the X-men vs Amenth!

That aside I'm left wondering, how much was intended and how much was added on to extend this era, I think Hickman is by far the best contributor to the overall narrative. But much of the good stuff has come in a time when it no longer has the same far reaching consequences I think it should based off how this era began. In the above post by Havok83 they stated they wished this era ended when Hickman left, and I think I agree this experiment has run it's course and while I like certain elements. In a way this era is becoming the same mess things were before Hickman came aboard, just a bunch of titles spinning they're wheels with a narrative overtly stretched beyond its potential, only to then have a payoff when but no one cares as much.

Just my thoughts!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 12-08-2021 at 08:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Don't know if this is controversial, but making Cerebro a mobile unit is INSPIRED, and I don't know why it took so long for that to happen. I DO however wish, Hickman had called it "CEREBRA" instead a play on Morrison's version, and had the stationary version still called Cerebro and give it a separate additional function as well.

Another thought, after Inferno, has Hickman's era been a failure? I don't think anything he's done since HOX/POX has come closer to matching that potential and it seems everything else has been spinning the wheels with no overall direction. I'm partially wondering if this is a symptom of too many cooks in the kitchen or is this the actual vision? XOS being a good example of something that had a ton of potential being reduced to almost a parody of what it could have been a war of the X-men vs Amenth!

That aside I'm left wondering, how much was intended and how much was added on to extend this era, I think Hickman is by far the best contributor to the overall narrative. But much of the good stuff has come in a time when it no longer has the same far reaching consequences I think it should based off how this era began. In the above post by Havok83 they stated they wished this era ended when Hickman left, and I think I agree this experiment has run it's course and while I like certain elements. In a way this era is becoming the same mess things were before Hickman came aboard, just a bunch of titles spinning they're wheels with a narrative overtly stretched beyond its potential, only to then have a payoff when but no one cares as much.

Just my thoughts!
    Portable cerebros are nothing new. In fact Hickman's version is much larger than Bendis' portable cerebro.

portable cerebro.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Portable cerebros are nothing new. In fact Hickman's version is much larger than Bendis' portable cerebro.

portable cerebro.jpg
    The ease with which comic characters invent devices never ceases to amaze me…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

portable cerebro.jpg
    I said inspired because of the design, and this is exactly why I forgot about Bendis' version because what about this panel is even memorable or remotely of interest, imo?
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 12-10-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I said inspired because of the design, and this is exactly why I forgot about Bendis' version because what about this panel is even memorable or remotely of interesting, imo?
    That pretty much sums up Bendis's run, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    That pretty much sums up Bendis's run, though.
    Decent ideas and awful execution, that's Bendis in a nutshell!

There hasn't been a bad X-Men movie yet.

portable cerebro.jpg
    There have been portable Cerebro units since at least Claremont's run....

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    There hasn't been a bad X-Men movie yet.
    There hasn't been a good one either. MCU looks to be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    There hasn't been a good one either. MCU looks to be even worse.
    The worst MCU X-men movie will be better than the best Fox films to me. For no other reason than every X-men film and related material has always carried the tone that they were embarrassed by connecting itself to what makes the X-men the X-men.

Whether it be television Gifted or Legion, movies including Logan, DOFP, First Class, or X-2 the creators behind them all seemed to veer as far away as possible from the source material and ignore the existence of one another like the plague!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 12-14-2021 at 12:20 PM.