Page 582 of 669 FirstFirst ... 82482532572578579580581582583584585586592632 ... LastLast
Results 8,716 to 8,730 of 10028

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Out of curiosity, when did Apocalypse switch from just being pro-strong person to pro-mutant? Was that another Krakoa thing?

His Dark Riders were Inhumans. One of his Horsemen was the Hulk. He used to just not care what a person was as long as they were strong, and if somebody was weak he didn't care if they were a mutant or not.
    Another writer. Another use of the character. No logic.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Out of curiosity, when did Apocalypse switch from just being pro-strong person to pro-mutant? Was that another Krakoa thing?

His Dark Riders were Inhumans. One of his Horsemen was the Hulk. He used to just not care what a person was as long as they were strong, and if somebody was weak he didn't care if they were a mutant or not.
    The shift started around the time he made the Hulk his Horseman of War; he showed disgust towards being forced to work with a non-mutant.

By the time of Decimation and 198 he was full on pro-mutant and anti-human.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    If the best you can do is die the same way a thousand baseline humans have managed for a thousand years, your not all that superior are you?
    At least I life and times of Luther strode and similar comics when such things happened was due to use of a funny little thing like guns( but things as use of long ranged weapons is oddly something poorly represented in comics, archers not withstanding)
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 01-12-2022 at 01:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

Setting aside issues of morality, there’s a practical risk of letting charismatic pop-culture!psychopaths basically run free in the community

If Charles Manson produces clean fusion energy from his farts, yes he’ll probably be given some allowances (in prison) to keep those farts going; but you certainly don’t give him leeway to recruit a whole new cult even if the bloodshed doesn’t happen

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Wolverine fights!

I hate Wolverine fights with X-men 99% of the time when he kills multiple X-men I never for the life of me understand the logic. The majority of senior members know first hand the threat level Logan poses so why writers choose to have characters lose brain cells when facing him is baffling.

For example, OML, Enemy of the State, or even that recent X-force issue. Outside of a surprise attack, why would any X-men be ignorant of keeping their distance from a man with literal knives protruding from his knuckles? Moreover many of them have long range abilities to directly stave off his attacks!

Astonishing Member

The fact that Xavier didn’t hide a Cradle and a copy of Sinister’s library somewhere in space as soon as Krakoa was announced is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    We, humans, are in nations where there are good, bad people…

But it is not a decision of us. If you invent a nation, would you say: “wellcome, murderers, genociders, like everyone else…” Would you like to live in such a nation?

I suppose you would say that the mutants don’t have a choice. It’s that or “being persecuted by the humans”… But, still, this fact doesn’t disturb the rest of people on the island? It doesn’t disturb the X-men?
    idk you tell me the USA has known killers, pedophiles and rapist walking around everyday. There is a website of sex offender locations. The USA army has a collateral damage body count so high. Do you think all those people are sitting in jail? I'd think not.

Yet you want Krakoa to round up all it's criminals because they don't fit your morality. Krakoa has made the choice to accept all mutants as a fresh start for them all.

So if I was on Krakoa and I saw people like the Fenris Twins known nazis I'd do the same as I do in the USA when I see one keep it moving

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    idk you tell me the USA has known killers, pedophiles and rapist walking around everyday. There is a website of sex offender locations. The USA army has a collateral damage body count so high. Do you think all those people are sitting in jail? I'd think not.

Yet you want Krakoa to round up all it's criminals because they don't fit your morality. Krakoa has made the choice to accept all mutants as a fresh start for them all.

So if I was on Krakoa and I saw people like the Fenris Twins known nazis I'd do the same as I do in the USA when I see one keep it moving
    Saying that Krakoa is as corrupt or as broken as the US when it comes to this is not the winning argument you think it is. Oh and also, Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Saying that Krakoa is as corrupt or as broken as the US when it comes to this is not the winning argument you think it is. Oh and also, Apocalypse.
    It is considering Krakoa is working for the benefit of mutants in a way that human nations haven't which is the whole reason they made Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

It is considering Krakoa is working for the benefit of mutants in a way that human nations haven't which is the whole reason they made Krakoa.
    That’s not actually addressing my point. You claim this is a realistic move by using the US example, but if so, it’s not realistic that Krakoa can essentially parade around an equivalent to Hitler (Twice? Should we count Apocalylse trying to blow up the Bronze Age as a genocide?) and essentially be treated no differently.

That’s not actually addressing my point. You claim this is a realistic move by using the US example, but if so, it’s not realistic that Krakoa can essentially parade around an equivalent to Hitler (Twice? Should we count Apocalylse trying to blow up the Bronze Age as a genocide?) and essentially be treated no differently.
    Zelena asked would you welcome murders and genociders into a nation. I was showing him examples that the USA has many in it's boarders who have done bad things as well as worked with people who have done terrible things throughout it's history.

So mutants choosing to work with bad mutants because it benefits mutant kind as a whole is a very smart and realistic choice when you are nation building.

Astonishing Member

Zelena asked would you welcome murders and genociders into a nation. I was showing him examples that the USA has many in it's boarders who have done bad things as well as worked with people who have done terrible things throughout it's history.

So mutants choosing to work with bad mutants because it benefits mutant kind as a whole is a very smart and realistic choice when you are nation building.
    Dude. This isn’t Operation Paperclip. What do any of this mutants actually offer Krakoa in terms of nation building that would make up for the anger they’ll generate at Krakoa from within and without? No seriously, what do Mastermind, Gorgon, Fabian Cortez, Apocalypse, etc., all offer that makes up for the hell they’ll bring to Krakoa with them?

Dude. This isn’t Operation Paperclip. What do any of this mutants actually offer Krakoa in terms of nation building that would make up for the anger they’ll generate at Krakoa from within and without? No seriously, what do Mastermind, Gorgon, Fabian Cortez, Apocalypse, etc., all offer that makes up for the hell they’ll bring to Krakoa with them?
    Well first of all they don't need to bring anything to the table since Krakoa made the choice to let all mutants on the island regardless of their skill and power.

But having mutants with that much power on your side in the case of an attack on Krakoa which everyone knows will happen because it always happens to mutants seems like it would be quite valuable. All four of the people you have named have helped Krakoa.

Cortez during King and Black, Also helped Nightcrawler with Onslaught
    Apoc During X of Swords
    Gorgon bodyguarding the council as well as X of Swords
    Mastermind during X Corp
    Last edited by Outburstz; 01-12-2022 at 06:34 AM.

Operation paperlip is not something to be replicated. USA was the inspiration of nazis, not the opposite

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    Operation paperlip is not something to be replicated. USA was the inspiration of nazis, not the opposite
    I never said it was. I actually really hate Paperclip, but my point was even Operation Paperclip wasn’t as dumb as Krakoa.