Page 587 of 673 FirstFirst ... 87487537577583584585586587588589590591597637 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,805 of 10086
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I'm not understanding why you guys want this so bad in an X-men book. Shouldn't that be in non X book because why would a mutant who doesn't believe in Krakoa be representing a team elected by Krakoa citizens that just doesn't make sense.

Firestar- "yeah I don't agree nor like Krakoa"

Krakoa citizens - "We choose you to represent us"

Firestar - O_O
    Why would Krakoa elect a former supreme leader of Hydra to be on the team that's supposed to be their public face to the world?

Oh, and if Firestar has never been on Krakoa and has rejected it, whose that in the crowd shot on Krakoa mourning Professor X's death in X-force 2? Is that her evil twin, Firestar-Xorn?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'm not understanding why you guys want this so bad in an X-men book. Shouldn't that be in non X book because why would a mutant who doesn't believe in Krakoa be representing a team elected by Krakoa citizens that just doesn't make sense.

Firestar - O_O
    Why would it be interesting to have a mutant who didn't fall lockstep into the Krakoa status quo offscteen like everyone else? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Why would Krakoa elect a former supreme leader of Hydra to be on the team that's supposed to be their public face to the world?

Oh, and if Firestar has never been on Krakoa and has rejected it, whose that in the crowd shot on Krakoa mourning Professor X's death in X-force 2? Is that her evil twin, Firestar-Xorn?
    so appearing on krakoa makes you a krakoa citizens now. I guess Captain America and Iron Man are citizens now.

It is possible to visit a place you know. Kid Gladiator was seen on Krakoa as well

Sunfire is Japan's most well known mutant in canon

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Why would it be interesting to have a mutant who didn't fall lockstep into the Krakoa status quo offscteen like everyone else? Seriously?
    off screen? It would be in a book that the team wasn't elected by Krakoa citizens.
    Last edited by Outburstz; 01-13-2022 at 08:49 AM.

Based on some of the arguments in the thread wouldn't it make more sense for Firestar to be on a team book that takes place more on krakoa if the point is to see her view of krakoa as someone who doesn't live there all the time. I just don't see where it makes sense to give her view on kraokoa when the x-men team lives in new york so at most it would be perfect for her to do double duty with perhaps avengers or maybe cool interactions with some of the other heroes she knows but not exactly the vehicle to hear her thoughts on krakoa and their systems when the team doesn't even reside there.

No horse in the race though.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Based on some of the arguments in the thread wouldn't it make more sense for Firestar to be on a team book that takes place more on krakoa if the point is to see her view of krakoa as someone who doesn't live there all the time. I just don't see where it makes sense to give her view on kraokoa when the x-men team lives in new york so at most it would be perfect for her to do double duty with perhaps avengers or maybe cool interactions with some of the other heroes she knows but not exactly the vehicle to hear her thoughts on krakoa and their systems when the team doesn't even reside there.

I’ll admit, part of me is tickled that the same people who are very insistent that mutant amnesty be granted to people who have committed genocide, serial rapists, child murderers, and stalkers are now very upset at the possibility of a mutant who hasn’t been part of the X-brand 24/7 and was once an avenger might end up in the X-books, no matter what plans might be in store

For me it would work like she is on another non X team (new warriors,Avengers what ever) and someone just asks her why she isn't on Krakoa like the rest of the major mutants. Then she explains to her non mutant friends why she doesn't agree.

But if she gets on the X-men and tries to lecture the other mutants as to why Krakoa is wrong it is going to come across as tone death because all of those mutants are going to look at her like where the heck were you when all of the bad stuff was happening to mutants? While mutants were on the verge of extinction you went and retired having drinks with your humans friends.

Astonishing Member

For me it would work like she is on another non X team (new warriors,Avengers what ever) and someone just asks her why she isn't on Krakoa like the rest of the major mutants. Then she explains to her non mutant friends why she doesn't agree.

But if she gets on the X-men and tries to lecture the other mutants as to why Krakoa is wrong it is going to come across as tone death because all of those mutants are going to look at her like where the heck were you when all of the bad stuff was happening to mutants? While mutants were on the verge of extinction you went and retired having drinks with your humans friends.
    She was on the Astonishing X-men team during one of the low points. She worked for New Tian. She got hunted down by fucking Freedom Force! Can we knock it off with this bull crap that she has had no involvement with mutants outside of her origins? Hell,I’m pretty sure that Astonishing book is more recent than any revival of the New Warriors at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I’ll admit, part of me is tickled that the same people who are very insistent that mutant amnesty be granted to people who have committed genocide, serial rapists, child murderers, and stalkers are now very upset at the possibility of a mutant who hasn’t been part of the X-brand 24/7 and was once an avenger might end up in the X-books, no matter what plans might be in store
    I agree that is a bad argument but not really because of who else is there is just doesn't make sense. Firestar is a mutant and has all the rights of mutants. Where were all those newly created mutants during the times mutants were down, they just weren't written about but angelica has popped up many times, more so than others who now have prominent roles. But at the same time Outburtz is right about the optics depending on how it is written like Havok on the uncanny team. "call me alex." came across as horrid. So while i don't think any barrier should prevent her from being an x-man i think some of the things that people want from her in the brand could damage the character. I also agree with outburtz the best place to hear her thoughts on krakoa would be through her human allies and her speaking with them but on the flip her view could be extremely reader friendly in a book that takes place on krakoa or even Planet Arrako.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Firestar - O_O
    It will make as much sense as having a sadistic piece of shit as Sinister hanging around.
    (BTW I agree that a) finding a geneticist in MU that is NOT a sadistic piece of shit is near impossible, the best is MODOK..go figure b) finding someone who has access to near all mutants dna is hard is case 9f damned if I do damned if I don't)
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 01-13-2022 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    It will make as much sense as having a sadistic piece of shit as Sinister hanging around.
    (BTW I agree that a) finding a geneticist in MU that is NOT a sadistic piece of shit is near impossible, the best is MODOK..go figure b) finding someone who has access to near all mutants dna is hard)
    Here's what you do.

Sinister has records of all mutant DNA.
    Beat him up.
    Take his records.

Then you can throw him off the island, or into the Pit, or kill him, or dress him up in a bunny costume and dip him in molten chocolate or whatever you need to do to get rid of the guy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Here's what you do.

Beat him up.
    Take his records.

Then you can throw him off the island, or into the Pit, or kill him, or dress him up in a bunny costume and dip him in molten chocolate or whatever you need to do to get rid of the guy.
    Nah that would be too easy. Sit around sort of keeping an eye on him and hope he doesn’t do anything that would potentially out damage whatever damage he could do if you tried taking him down. I mean what are the odds of that?

Don’t try to find ways to circumvent what he does for you as well, it’s important to have as many reasons as possible to keep the Concentration camp doctor in a position of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Here's what you do.

Beat him up.
    Take his records.

Problem is , like most of psychopathic geneticist in MU (98% of the category), he do it have easy to access records, infact the bustards keep all the most important stuff hidden, to the point that even telepathy is little use. And most are really in S&M...at least arnim zola is...
    But really genetic engineering in Marvel Universe always fascinated me. Most of it has the same origin, leftover of Celestial technology, and people pursuing it either are full fledged maniacs or become full fledged maniacs after a while...is kidney weird...wonder if there is something related to the genetic knowledge itself tha take all of them turn into creepy maniacs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Problem is , like most of psychopathic geneticist in MU (98% of the category), he do it have easy to access records, infact the bustards keep all the most important stuff hidden, to the point that even telepathy is little use. And most are really in S&M...at least arnim zola is...
    But really genetic engineering in Marvel Universe always fascinated me. Most of it has the same origin, leftover of Celestial technology, and people pursuing it either are full fledged maniacs or become full fledged maniacs after a while...is kidney weird...wonder if there is something related to the genetic knowledge itself tha take all of them turn into creepy maniacs.
    Honestly? It’s pop culture perception of anything that approaches biological manipulation. People were freaking out over things like the Human Genome project and stem cell research and still are. A large chunk of people have visceral reactions to the field for differing reasons.

I agree that is a bad argument but not really because of who else is there is just doesn't make sense. Firestar is a mutant and has all the rights of mutants. Where were all those newly created mutants during the times mutants were down, they just weren't written about but angelica has popped up many times, more so than others who now have prominent roles. But at the same time Outburtz is right about the optics depending on how it is written like Havok on the uncanny team. "call me alex." came across as horrid. So while i don't think any barrier should prevent her from being an x-man i think some of the things that people want from her in the brand could damage the character. I also agree with outburtz the best place to hear her thoughts on krakoa would be through her human allies and her speaking with them but on the flip her view could be extremely reader friendly in a book that takes place on krakoa or even Planet Arrako.

Exactly its like they don't understand what they are asking for. Someone who disagrees with Krakoa but wants to preach to other X-men it's not going to go down well.

Dani Moonstar had an appearance in Marvel voices indigenous the guy asked her basically are you loyal to Krakoa or your native american tribe.(or something close to that) Dani straight up told him both because Krakoa isn't about assimilation.

So it won't go down well if Firestar tries to be that Havok voice during the run.

Astonishing Member

To be fair it’s hard to assimilate other cultures when you don’t actually have a defined culture of your own. You think they would have picked up the pieces of what Morrison set up for a Mutant Culture by this point.